Maternal & Child Community
PREGNANT 7 YEARS AFTER TUBAL LIGATION

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

PREGNANT 7 YEARS AFTER TUBAL LIGATION

Hello I was wondering if anyone out there has ever gotten pregnant after a tubal ligation? I have had 5 children of my own and also have 3 step children all live with my husband and all all 15 down to 7. Last week I went to the doc for being sick and she decided to do a preg test she about fell over because it was pos. I couldnt believe it so that night I went out and bought a home test witch was pos as well. I went for a sonogram the next day and they didnt see anything they were worried about it being in my tube.. Thur they ordered a blood test and it was 0 the doc said I had a miscarriage. I am supposed to see a specialist and maybe have a HSG to see if tubes have reconnected somehow. I had my tubal done at 26 years old. I have read alot about people getting pregnant after tl done but I dont understand how that can happen the cut mine took a piece out and burnned them back so how could mine reconnect. I am scared of a eptopic and wondered if anyone has had a baby after this was done to them?
Well.. I havent had a baby YET, but am 3 weeks pregnant.
I had my TL done at age 23 after our 4th son 4 years ago.I got pregnant in Oct 2005 and miscarried at just a few weeks along.Didnt know I was even pregnant then, was just having really really really bad pains on lower right side and went to ER and they didnt know what was causing them until they did a blood pregnancy test and it came back Positive. My HCG level was in the 100's and slowly droped for 2 days after that and then I finally started to bleed.

I went to the DR on 5/22/06 and my HCG level was 284. The DR said that was at normal stage for how far along I am, and said that everything sounded fine with me not having any pains or anything, so scheduled me for next Tues for another HCG test and ultrasound to make sure it isnt in the tubes or anywhere its not suppose to be.

Good Luck and hope all is well for you!
I amamazed at how determined the reproductive system is. You guys had a lot of children very young! I am 21 and on my third and very much a minority. It seems everyone my age is in college living free as can be. It used to be my desire to have a large family, atleast 5:) But after I went from one to two I thought we better slow down, but we didn't. I know this is unrelated, but I was just wondering how it was to have so many so young. And how it's been and how it is now.
These are amazing stories about people's ability to get pregnant! They kind of provide a counterpoint for everyone struggling to GET pregnant, and in a way are a hopeful testament to what is possible. :)  It sounds like there really isn't all that much to worry about in terms of an ectopic -- that kind of problem is usually marked by HCG numbers that don't rise correctly, not by the number 0.  But I would ask for a further ultrasound in a couple of weeks along with at least one more HCG test if they will do them, just to ease your mind.  Then get the specialist to figure out what the heck happened to let your tubes communicate with each other after all these years! :)
I had my first son in May 1997,Second son in July 1998,Third son Dec 1999,and Fourth son May 2002.
With my first son we were TTC , then after I had him, I went on the Pill and the last THREE pregnancies I was on Birth control.
Then had my tubes tied in May 2002 and Now pregnant.

It was tuff for us at first, but it got better.

Our boys are now 9-7(almost 8)-6-and 4.
We still have our hard times in life,(dont everyone??) but for the most part everything is great and we are glad that we had our kids at an early age.
I am 27 and my husband is 30.
We figure, we will still be "young" when they are all out of the house and we will still have plenty of time "FOR US"

Good luck to all~~~~
That was exactly my mindset. DH and I never had time to be selfish newlyweds(I mean that in a good way), we were married w/ a one year old! And I know already it's easier w/ my 3 year old, so I just have to get through the crazy baby/toddler years!
Was wondering what kind of tubal ligation you had? There is a part of me that would love to find out that I can get pregnant and have a baby again, my husband and I have no children together but then again I am blessed with the ones we do have, I am scared because they dont know where the baby was at I worry about eptopic. I guess only time will tell.
Im not exactly sure what they did when they did my Tubal Ligation,I was "out" during my c-section and they did it RIGHT after they took the baby out.

I go in tomorrow instead of next Tues to get another HCG test done and hopefully it will  be higher than it was n 5-22- It was 284 then, so we will see tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck to you and God Bless !!

Tawnya
Best of luck to you did you have an HSG done to find out if your tubes were back together or not? Also with your miscarriage did you bleed? I have not had a mc back in 93 and I cramped and bleed then past but nothing this time. I have had some cramoing for the past 2 days but it comes and goes not sure maybe I am getting ready to start and its gonna be a bad on or what. Again I wish you the best of luck Corina
No I didnt have an HSG done that I know of(lol)
When I got pregnant in 0ct 2005 I just had really really bad cramping (worse than when i have my AF) (thought maybe it was my appendicxs..spelled wrong??) So thats why I went to ER and they did the blood test and U/S. They did see something on the U/S but thought maybe it was a cyst.Then they came back with the possitive Preg.test and sent me to my regular DR the next day, and he had forgotten that he tied my tubes 4 years ago and then sent me to a specialist.About 4 days after all the testing and my HCG done really low I started to bleed, but it was for only 3 days, just like my regular AF.

I dont think my HCG levels were ever over 150 the first HCG level and they just kept declining, but I figured I was going to ,iscarry soon as I had all the terrible pains and had my tubes tied.

Maybe there is hope though with this one, will find out tomorrow and let you know how it goes :-)
Im anxious and scared at the same time, but everything happens for a reason and miracles do happen!!

Been through this before, it is something I would NEVER wish on my worst enemy

Tawnya
I have to say yes to your question....After 9 years of being "fixed"...I was having horrendous pain....I put up with it for a few days (thanksgiving time) till I couldn't stand or walk...I went to the doctor and he asked if I was pregnant...I told him that was impossible...so he did the routine blood work and checked me out....when I returned a week later, he told me I was pregnant....I just laughed....thought he was kidding....but nope....to make a long story short here....I did have an eptopic....which led to my hysterectomy....Now I am a he/she...lets see if they tell me I'm pregnant now!!!!  LOL...anyway, it happens...rare but it does....I have 4 wonderful children and I love all of them.....
I am 27 and I want to have another kid. I am with a really good guy. I would just like to know how long does the clamping of tubes can last. I have had it done since 2003.

Thanks    Charity
I had my tubal 10 years ago this month and a couple of weeks ago I went to ER with severe pain , to my surprize <, I too was pregnet . A few days later we found out it was eptopic . I was given methotraxate to dissolve the baby and now the dr wants to do hsg test to see where my tubes have a hole in them at (well my right tube) He said I got pregnet b/c of the scar tissue where he cut them has opend.....lol Well anyway he says my chances for normal preg. would be almost little to none with the tubes being still tied at this point . So we are thinking about tubal reversal .
I have 5 children from an past relationship my husband died and now i have a new husband who don't have any kids at all he says he don't mind not having any but something inside of me wants me to have another baby really bad what should I DO
I was just wondering about the pain you were having. I am having severe pain on left side and my tubes were clamped in 2002. Any info would be appreciated. thanks.
Steph
i had my tubes tied in 1999 but he only claped them i was  wondering if i could be pg i have had my period on and off for years but this time my stomch is getting bigger my breast are very sore .. test was Neg a month ago ...
I HAVE HAD MY TL FOR 91/2 YEARS. I AM PRETTY SURE THEY TOLD ME THEY CLAMPED THEM. I HAVEN'T HAD A PERIOD SINCE 11/18/07 AND I AM USUALLY VERY REGULAR. I AM WONDERING SHOULD I TAKE A TEST OR JUST WAIT IT OUT.
I am Monica,
I am 24, I have 4 kids, I had my tubes tide on 8/27/06.
They were tide then cut, my doctor said I have a 3percent of getting pregnant. I have not had my period for over a month and I'm usually on time, I've been eating like crazy and am breaking out with acne and sorry to say but my hormones are going crazy. I know I'm gaining weight to.
Has anyone had there tubes tide the same way and got in pregnant?

My massage teacher says it's because I'm around a lot of women at school and I'm just off track . But what about everything else going on?    
Ya'll have some interesting stories. I'm pregnant with my tubes tide. My hcg level was 283 last thurs and today 1800. I don't know what this mean. Do anyone know? I have four kids already, only 25. My tubes are clamped. My doc. did an ultrasound and he think he saw an embryo in my tubes. I'm getting another one done tomor to  find out, if it's really true. I feel just fine, no bad pains, just pressure on my right side. Do anyone know about a situation like this? Thanks.
i had tubal ligation done just about 8 years ago, and was thinking of having another baby, i already have 5 but my youngest is 7 going on 8 and my oldest is 19, would it be possible to get pregnant, i believe i have my tubes cut and burned on the ends, that's what i think, what are my chances of getting pregnant without having a tubal reversal?
10 years ago I had a TL and i've been feeling nausea abdominal pain and some lower back pains I went to the E.R. and they took a pregnancy test by urine that came out pos. they tested my urine 2 more times they decided to test my blood and that came back neg. yet my breast feel so sore and my nipples feel a bit odd and yes I still feel nausea and some lower back discomfort as well as the abdominal area do you think I need a second opinion? because what if it's in the tube or it made it to the womb i'm not satisfied with the care i've recieved.
ive have my tubes tied for nine years, i got pg 6/08 and lost the baby on 8/08. due to tubal pregnancy. my hcg levels developed like a normal pregnancy doubled like they were spose to. all normal until august. but the specialist didnt see anything in the tube, or the uterus. didnt know where it was. even with a vaginal ultra sound. my hcg levels were 15000+ when i had to have a d&c. remove the right tube also. would never wish anything like that to happen to anyone. was just painful and traumatizing after wishing for a healthy pregnancy after 9 years. my longing for a baby came after that also......but let me know. my prayers are with you...
i saw my gyn yesterday sh ewouldnt even bother with a preg test im going on 3 weeks late for my period after my c section i got clips put on silly girl but young and very immature any way i hear alot of stories of pregnancys after a tubal mistake so im starting to believe if god wants us to have a child we will with or without a tubal ligation subhanallah
I TOO HAD MY TUBES CLAMPED 9 YEARS AGO.......DR. SAID THAT IF I WAITED AT LEAST 6 WEEKS AFTER BIRTH MY CHANCES OF GETTING PG WOULD BE 1/300,IF I DID IT RIGHT AFTER BIRTH 1/100. I WAITED THE 6 WEEKS.
MY BREAST HAVE BEEN REALLY TENDER SO ,I GOOGLED WHY ARE MY BOOBS SORE\HAD TUBAL\NOT CLOSE TO MONTHLY.
THIS IS ONE OF THE THREADS I GOT.........NOW, I'M THINKG, GOSH! MAYBE I SHOULD BUY A TEST. ALTHOUGH I HAVE HAD MY MOMENTS ABOUT WANTING ANOTHER BABY. I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK WHAT MY LIFE WOULD BE LIKE WITH A BABY AT AGE 37. MY YOUNGEST IS 9. HOWEVER, I DO KNOW I REGRET GETTING A TUBAL, SO FOR ALL YOU WOMEN THINKING OF GETTING ONE ,I HOPE YOU COME ACROSS THIS AND IT HELPS YOU TRY SOMETHING THAT WILL GIVE YOU AT LEAST 5 YRS. TO DECIDE. I WAS SURE,WITHOUT A DOUGHT I DIDN'T WANT A CHILD,BUT I'M TELLING YOU WE WERE PUT HER TO HAVE BABIES AND THE WANTING WILL NEVER COMPLETLY GO AWAY.... IT'S LIKE QUITTING SMOKING, ALTHOUGH YOU STOP THE URGE COMES AND GOES...............SOMETIMES WE PUT MORE THOUGHT IN WHAT WE ARE HAVING FOR DINNER ,THEN WE DO ABOUT CHANGES IN OUR LIFE........AS WOMAN WE TRY TO MAKE EVERY RELATIONSHIP WORK AND SOMETIMES IT WON'T.....WHAT IF YOU FIND THAT ONE GUY 5 YRS. AFTER YOU HAD A TUBAL (MY GRANDMA ALWAYS TOLD ME YOU'LL KNOW,BUT INSTEAD OF WAITING ON HIM, I FILLED HIS SPOT WITH ANOTHER,AND NOW I CAN'T CREATE LIFE WITH HIM)   SO HERE IS A SHOUT OUT TO ALL MY SISTER'S, DON'T GET A TUBAL EVER!!!!!                     GOD BLESS!!!
GOD'S will is revealed by His Word.WHATEVER THINGS YOU ASK WHEN YOU PRAY; BELIEVE THAT YOU RECEIVE THEM
AND YOU WILL HAVE THEM. FAITH  HEBREWS 11;1 AND MARK 11;24
TRUST GOD  FULL-TIME NOT PART-TIME

WE BELIEVE 4 HANNAH TIRZAN  BE BLESS
Thank you Jesus! Hallelujah Praise His Name!!!
It's been 4 years Sence I had my tubes tied but now I'm mad at my self I have 4 kids and I'm 29 and want 1 more cause my husband don't have any we Ben together for two years and we want to have a baby and I can't aford to get them untied what to do
Ive been feeling moving around for a while but even past nine months my stomach stood always the same never grew more always had period thn it stopped for a while and now again I feel moving again my stomach does feel kinda hard been throwing up but only when I coughed but I would throw up a lot   amd feel some little pains tht comes n goes  my period lasted only two days had my tubaligation done seven years ago
I am 41 years old and had a Tubal done 95, my youngest son is 18 years old and now I find myself not having a period for the first time... I did not want to have more children and believe I made a wise decision in not wanting to have any more, for cancer in the uterus runs in my family as well as breast cancer.  I had a ectopic pregnancy right after I had my son and this is when the decision was made to have my tubes tied.. Now I am frantic that at this age I could be pregnant.. Have not gone to the Dr. waiting for this entire month to be over and see what takes effect.  I know that things have a reason for its occurence but to be honest.... I am not prepared to have a child at this age.. WOW, just when you thought you are done..... Boom; it smacks you in the face harder than you can imagine.. Hopefully its a false alarm and I will be fine; don't want to go through an ectopic pregnancy ever again, very painful and traumatizing...
Yes~ You CAN get pregnant after a TL!  My TL was 3 years ago during the c-section with my daughter.  Last month I had a positive pregnancy test.  I ended up miscarrying (may have been ectoptic). I am going in for an HSG test this month to see what is going on with my tubes and if one is partially open or what.  
If you've had a TL and are late, take a preg test and call your doctor if it is positive ASAP.  There is a good chance it could be a tubal pregnancy which can be LIFE THREATENING.
i am 36 years old and I have my tube clamped 7 1/2 years ago.  I'm trippin because I haven"t had my cycle yet and it late 2 weeks.   Went to the Dr say urine test came back neg, but I go back tue for an u/s.   I'm scared and happy all at the same time.     I too had the pain on my right side for days but it passed so I thought my cycle was about to come down, but it hasn"t.

I have 3 children 19, 17, and 7......mybreast haven't been sore or anything... after that pain I have been feeling normal with a little back pain,,,,,, someone tell me what you think,
I have had 3 tubal pregnancys I think I am pregnant again is it possible to have it go full term after your tubes are tied
I too had my tubes tied about 10 years ago I am now on day 32, I have had no spotting but cramps for two weeks now and nausea for about one week.  I can't tell with ym breasts since i had a breast reduction over 15 years ago.  I get headaches and I am extremly tired all the time.  It is hard for me to tell what is going on since I am also type 2 diabetic. i check my cervix and it has changed from high and soft to low and hard and now back to High and medium.  i am going crazy since i would really love to give my new husband a baby and I always wanted a baby girl, but was forced to get the tubal by my ex husband. i have taken test about 5 of them so far and all come out negative.  i am waiting to go to the Dr's for at least one more week just in case it is just late.  
the shear thought of being responsible for another life again scares me to death!!!!!!!!!!!!im happy my tubes are tied..1999 was when i had mine done..so far it has been for the best
Hi I am wonder . I been 1995 clip on tubed is clipped was 24 old I had son one child grew up . After long time until that now 2012 I am 41 old . I just got married and later I fell love and sex in one day night . Next day oh I got worse feel like cramp and feel belly cramp and sore ache something for 3 days now , if everyone know and can u talk me about happen true or false ? Please talk me , thank u .
Hello I hope you are reading this cause I am really interested in finding out what happened. I had a tubal done 15 yrs ago aftr my second child.Normal periods ever since then and even two  a month occasionly one usually extremely light. I had a normal period in Nove and december I only had a very light one for a couple day ( it was the same with my two pregnancies before normal one in April and in may super light for a couple days) right after my december "period" my breast have continued to be sore and no sign of Jan period yet. I am startin to freak out. I am trying to wait to see what happens this month and then worry, however it is kiiling me. Could I actually be pregnant, I have had a weird feeling and pretty messed up dreams. I had my tubes done for a reason
Thank you all so much for posting these answers. I am finding myself in the same situation. I had my TL 01/06 during my section with my daughter. I am now 43 and am 6 days late for my period. My normal cycle averages 26-28 days. (I keep track so I can plan things around it) My husband and I have 3 kids, 17, 15 and 7.My husband and I considered our family complete. At what point do I break down and take a HPT or chalk it up to perimenopause, wait a little longer to freak out? I do not go to my gyn again for a yearly until March. Any info would be great! Thanks so very much! ***@****
I got my tubes done 8 yrs ago and have no problems with my period showing up but this month I haven't had a period and no signs of one I took a test and it said no. I have never missed a period and now here I am wondering if I'm expecting...please help me with answer to this