Pain after ceasing breastfeeding
Stopped breastfeeding a week ago.  Was down to only 1 meal a day at that time.  One breast has several spots or lumps in it that feel like stone.  Any helpful suggestions to ease pain?  I am already using cold/wet cabbage leaves which seem to somewhat help.  How long will it take for my breasts to get back to pre-pregnancy form (as much as possible - hah) and be soft?
No worries... sometimes it takes a month. Don't express the milk cause it will build back up. I did a couple of times because of the pain.. but it goes away. I wore a really tight sports bra during the day with the pads...(did that for about 3 days).. They will dry up and be normal.. well almost normal... :) lol

I nursed my son for 15 months and my daughter for 10 1/2... I was one milk bank thats for sure!! I would have been rich if I could have sold it! lol  Good Luck!
Ihave a question for you guys. I only breastfed for 3 1/2 months and 2 1/2 months part time and I just couldn't do it with school and work. My breast were large and nicely shaped before that pregnancy and when I stopped they shrank up and got wrinkly and saggy. My mom breast fed me for 10 months and her breast were larger than before she was pregnant when she stopped. I am pregnant now,and my breasts look like they did before I was pregnant the first time, my question is: If I breastfeed longer will that help the look of my breasts? I really don't mind the saggy, I just can't stand the small ugly wrinkled look.
Response to your question: Even only feeding for that little time my breasts hurt for about one month after I finished.
I nursed one for 14 mos, the next for 15 mos and didn't get a wrinkly look, but they did lose their firmness. I plan on nursing this next one for just as long, but I have already decided I am going to be getting some help surgically to bring things back were they were before having our kids ; )

Andi

i nursed my daughter for 16 months and my son for 12 months(he was a biter).  before i had my daughter i was barely a B.  after nursing both i went to a D.  now pregnant with my third i barely fit into D (overflowing).  my thing is while nursing i ALWAYS wore very supportive bras and shirts.  lucky to say no sagging.  while nursing make sure to wear comfortable and supportive bras, but no underwire.
Great question... I had a friend who use to be as big as i was when we were 20 size D, she has had 3 kids didn't nurse any of her kids and now she is a size B. I on the other hand I did nurse.. and I am the same size.. only now i need a lift kit! lol.. Try nursing for at least 6 months and see.. Breast milk is so much better for them, and a lot cheaper!! Hope I helped.. good luck!
I stopped nursing 3 weeks ago and now I have a painful lump.  Any thoughts???