Maternal & Child Community
Pain following D & C
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain following D & C

I had a D & c on wednesday for a missed miscarriage.
I just wanted to know what pain anyone else has experienced after this procedure?
I've had no bleeding apart from a small ammount following the op which after a few wipes was gone.
As the days have gone on i've been suffering abdominal cramping pains on my right side which have stopped me from sleeping,peeing also hurts.
Related Discussions
11 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
hi
Sorry for your loss . I had cramps and pain when my bladder was full for just over a week. If its really bad you may have an infection. They asked me to go in for a check as they say it shouldn't be really painful.

Hope you start to feel better xx
Blank
Thanks for your answer. I've just started bleeding now so perhaps that had something to do with it. This site is a god send X
Blank
I am sorry to hear about your loss.  I also had a D&C last week (on Wednesday) and I started to bleed/spot on Thursday night.  I also had some minor cramping, which felt like menstrual cramps.   Are you on an antibiotic?
Blank
126702_tn?1240891850
Hi there. Hope youre feeling ok. I had cramps too and  started bleeding 3 days after D&C. Was only a light bleed.
Blank
I'm sorry for your loss, I know excatly how you feel.

I had my d & c on July 13th for a missed miscarriage. Had massive cramping and couldn't understand why. Eventually four days later my b/f took me to the hopsital. Turned out I had an ifection which had caused my cervix to become inflamed. I was put on antibiotics and everything turned out fine. I waited two cycles then tried again. Feel pregnant first try. I am just telling you this so that you dont get too upset and dont lose hope. My thoughts are with you and good luck...
Blank
184342_tn?1282592350
I had one on 2/14- I didn't really start to bleed until 2 days after-  I had a lot of cramping and huge clots with the cramping-  it lasted for 2 days and then everything tappered off...  my doc said that wasn't really normal, but can happen...  I am sorry for your loss...  hopefully all the women on here that have lost about the same time as me can all be pregnant again by summer!!  Then next year at the time we can all chat about our dear babies!!!  I will keep you in my prayers!!  
Blank
i had my d&c on wednesday. the cramping started from thursday onwardsit still continues .this is my second miscarriage .i have no kids. and am worried :(
Blank
I found I had a miscarraige (miscarriage) on August 6th. I had a D&C on August 8th. I did go to the post operative check up and was told everything looked fine. I still felt a pulling pain on both sides of my lower abdomen two weeks later. I was told not to worry about it unless I developed a temperature. It is now nearly two months later and the pain has not gone away.
Any suggestions?
Blank
i had my d&c on Thursday 8/7 and I'm still having the pulling pain and abdomen pain.  please advise. thanks
Blank
i had my d&c on Thursday 8/7 and I'm still having the pulling pain back pain and abdomen pain.  please advise. thanks
Blank
hi,
i had a D&C 2 days ago as i had missed miscarriage. I have a lot of pain, pulling , pressure & cramping. The doc said all i should have is mild cramping. i can't sleep from the pain. I dont have any fever or vaginal discharge. Also i didnt bleed after the surgery maybe just few drop right after the procedure on t he same day but nothing after  that. Should i be worried about having an infection. Im not on antibiotics!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...