Maternal & Child Community
Pain in groin, hips, butt...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pain in groin, hips, butt...

Good Evening Ladies! I am 9w5d today and have been experiencing pain down there. It almost feels as if I have been bitten by a bug. It is not constant, but random. Also, my hips randomly feel sore and I have sharp pains in my butt cheeks. 2 yrs ago I fell and cracked my tailbone and it seems as if sometimes I almost feel tension in that area. What is going on? An acquaintance of mine, whom is also pg, says that her dr. told her that the pain is caused by a uterus or pelvis tilting. I'm not even 10 weeks is that possible? Any info appreciated. Thanks in advance.
yeah I too am having pain in the groin and right hip.  at times its really bad.  I caLLed the dr this am and they too said it was the uterus stretching.  I thought I was dying LOL..  I just hope they are right
As far as I know the pain in the hips and groin is caused by the uterus stretching. I would ask your doctor about your tail bone though as this can become quite painful as the pressure from the baby increases. With both of my pregnancies I have had pain early and then in the last couple of months. I have had no injury that I am awear of but did have a fall as a child and my gyno said that is all it can take to damage the delicate tendons that go from the tailbone to the pelvis that help make up the pelvic floor. I have the pain mostly when I am sitting after standing for a while and if I stand after  sitting for a while so all I could do was grin and bear it. Good Luck.
She's right and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it only gets worse with the more babies you've had.  I'm on my fourth and only 5 1/2months and I'm already miserable.  I'm even starting to have pain depending which way I'm sleeping and for how long on that side.  Its amazing what these wonderful little people do to our bodies! Good luck to you,my doc. said do things in moderation if you're noticing pain starting get off your feet and elevate your legs if possible it does help some.  
I was born with congenital hips and I am having a lot of pain in my hips and pelvis could this have anything to do with that?
I would defintiley attribute the fractured tailbone to some of this.  It could just be your uterus stretching and now you are feeling the extra pressure on your tailbone.  You are pretty early, so you shouldn't have much pain from this right now.  If you do, talk to your doctor.  I had a problem with my sciatic (sp?) nerve.  It's a sharp pain down my buttocks and through my legs and it would sometimes knock me off of my feet.  I only had issues with this while pregnant.  It's common for pregnant woman to experience the nerve issue, but it does require physical therapy.
Sorry - didn't realize this post was from 2007!