Paint fumes?
BMM
Hey guys, what about paint fumes??  My husband is going to be painting our dining room and wants me to stay clear.  Is he right?  I'm only 5 wks?
Yes, you should not even be in the house until the fumes clear away.  Especially in the 1st trimester, I would not risk anything with the important developing of the baby going on.

JT
As long as the room is well vented and you can get some fresh air you should be fine.
My doc. told me to stay away from anything that was not latex paint, like kilz and strong paints like that.
It is prob best that you don't paint but being in the house won't hurt you or the baby.
I painted rooms in my house while prego with both of my children and had no problems....I just made sure I didn't bend down or reach up high...middle of the wall.
I was farther along then you are though.

Good luck

being prego has its perks(besides the baby) you get out of alot of unfun work!
BMM
Thanks for the advice...I'm already used to getting out of the work!!
I specifically asked my doc. and she said that as long as I took breaks and the room remained ventilated the paint fumes now adays arent that toxic for anyone to breath.