Paternity Testing?
I don't know if I am posting this in the right place, but I figure I'll give it a shot. My brother is seeing this girl right now and she is pregnant. She is saying that the baby is his. The problem I have is, she told him she was 3 or 4 weeks pregnant but the first time they had sex was only 2 weeks before that. So, needless to say, he is wanting a paternity test done. My question is, can he get one done at the hospital right after the baby is born? If it's his he is going to take care of it but he doesn't want to get attached to the baby only to find out that it's not his. Also, this girl is still smoking majiuana and drinking, even though she knows she is pregnant. She also claims that she was on birth control and said she never missed a pill and took her pills at the same time every single day. I plan on calling the hospital for him on Monday morning to see if they do paternity testing after the baby is born. Thanks!
I'm not sure about the paternity tests but I can tell you that if she is 4 weeks pregnant today that means that she got pregnant 2 weeks ago. In other words, week 1 of the pregnancy starts from the first day of the last menstrual cycle. Just something to consider. Good luck to you & your brother.
Paternity tests can be done right away, probably at the hospital if  the need is urgent enough.  I have even read that they can be done while the baby is still in utero.  Your brother should look into all the options.
Well, she is actually around 11 or 12 weeks now, but I really don't know if it is his or not. I understand the whole thing about how they determine how far along someone is, but I also don't think she has been to a doctor yet to have an ultrasound or anything. I just don't want my brother to get hurt by getting attached to a baby that might not be his. I am going to call the hospital Monday and see what all they have to say about the paternity testing. Thanks to everyone that replied! :)
I think or maybe it is just here in PA that if you are not married when a baby is born they offer it to the dad after delivery.  I think testing now is too invasive for the fetus, it just is not worth it until the baby is born unless she has to get an amnio done then they may be able to tell.

Good Luck.
If this woman is smoking pot and God knows what else. How can she be sure she took her pill the same time every day? I know back in my parting days, when I drank too much, that 8:00 am pill became a 2:00 pm pill.
Paternity Testing can be done at the hospital the day the baby is born.  We just tell the parties to wait a few hours and let the little ones adjust to their new surroundings!  But we can do them the same day.  Good luck to your brother!  Jeff
is there any type of paternity testing today that can determine who the father is before the baby is born?