Maternal & Child Community
Pee, sweat or amniotic fluid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pee, sweat or amniotic fluid

Hi...sorry to post again...just went to the bathroom and my undies were pretty wet.

Now I am only 16w3d and I have not really had to pee a whole lot...maybe I just hold it really well?!

I just had to go -- not pee (sorry TMI) and my undies were pretty wet.  I've also been running around a bit so I don't know if I just got sweaty, peed myself (like I've read so many others do, although I'm not very far along?) or if there's any way it could be leaking fluid...

How could I tell?  There's no real smell to it...could be pee or sweat but not strong.

What should I do?  I just changed and put on cooler clothes to see if maybe it was just sweat...

Is there a way to tell w/o going to the ER and having them tell me I peed on myself?

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT!!
Besides smelling it or going to the doc there really isn't another way to know. I would guess you're probably just sweaty, though. If it happens again I would definately go to the doctor/ER because if you are leaking fluid it's nothing to mess around with!

Good luck! :) And if you peed....don't feel bad! Happened to me last week! lol
i think i was told that ami.fluid smells like a sweet smell. flowery i guess??
Just make sure that it doesn't continue.  If it does, you should seek medical attention, as this would be a sign that your water is leaking.  
I believe the rule of thumb is if you lay down and it doesnt stop leaking then its probably amniotic. Amntiotic will not stop leaking even if its just a little bit.
Check the color of it. If it dries clear then it could be amniotic, yellow would be pee obviously, off white or white would be leukora (sp?)
My water broke before the onset of labour with both my kids.  The fluid had virtually no smell.  Nothing flowery at all.
Thanks for all your comments.  I did NOT even feel anything and it seems to have stopped, so I'm just going to keep an eye on it and pray it was just sweat.

I'm only 16 1/2 weeks and have not had an increased urge to pee (I peed a lot before anyway) so I hope I haven't already started peeing on myself w/o knowing it!!!  Where are the depends?!

Thanks again for all your input!