Maternal & Child Community
Pelvic Pain First Trimester
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pelvic Pain First Trimester

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I keep getting this dull aching pain on both sides of my pelvic bone that comes and goes, particularly early in the morning or late in the evening. Is this normal (my uterus growing perhaps?) or should I get concerned? I've heard about Round Ligament Pain but I thought that doesn't start until the second trimester?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
I had this pain from about 6 weeks on!  Depending on your size to start with it can be more painful than what others experience. It's worth mentioning at your first doc appointment, but unless you are completely doubled over and/or spotting....it's probably nothing! :)
Blank
I'm not sure, but your uterus is not growing yet- there's no need (baby is the size of like a tadpole, more than enuf room in there!). I wouldn't worry and just chalk it up to weird pregnancy thing. If it's not severe or accompanied by bleeding or fever, for ex., I wouldn't worry about a thing.
Blank
189192_tn?1261345228
I will be 10wk tomorrow and for several weeks I have been experiencing lower back pain on one side.  I read that lower back and pelvic pain is very common in early pregnancy because the increased progesterone causes your ligaments to soften.  I guess that is your body's way of preparing for the up coming changes...

I'd mention it to your dr.. take care, hannah
Blank
I have had these pains since 5-6 weeks also. I called my doctor immediately and she told me they were "growing pains" and that unless I was bleeding, it was fine and not to be worried. I am 11 weeks now and I still get the pains a few days per week.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...