Pelvic Rest
I asked a question yesterday and all of you where great help so I have one more if you dont mind. Monday I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and there was some blood behind the baby. She said that it could be implantation or it could be the beginning of a miscarrage. I have had no spotting cramping or anything...Well last night I called her to ask if i was restricted from anything and  she told me that I was to be on Pelvic Rest....What exactly is this? and this seems to make me worry more should I be?
Thanks you!!
I am not exactly sure what "pelvic rest" entails but I would agree with the previous poster, stick to extremely light activitie and if you can manage, lay down and rest as much as possible.
Good Luck!!!!
I was put on pelvic rest with one of my pregnancies and yes that means no intercourse. That was all my docotr told me.
Tiffany
i have been on pelvic rest for this entire pregnancy first because of a subchorionic bleed and now because i went into preterm labor last weekend at 20 weeks. i was told it means no orgasms and no lifting anything over 15 pounds and to stay off my feet as much as possible which is kind of hard since i have a 3 year old.
NO sex...  no lifting..  no doing anything that puts pressure on the pelvis.  no orgasms nothing to jolt that area at all until the baby implants.  lay down, rest, read books.  no long walks or long time on your feet, Thats what my doctor told me..
Nothing that causes the uterus to contract, and drink a lot of water as that also stills uterine contractions.  Good luck!
Misty, I wish you and your baby the best.  I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing complications so early on and I hope you're not feeling too discouraged.  I will say a prayer for you!  God Bless!