Maternal & Child Community
Pelvic Rest
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pelvic Rest

I asked a question yesterday and all of you where great help so I have one more if you dont mind. Monday I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and there was some blood behind the baby. She said that it could be implantation or it could be the beginning of a miscarrage (miscarriage). I have had no spotting cramping or anything...Well last night I called her to ask if i was restricted from anything and  she told me that I was to be on Pelvic Rest....What exactly is this? and this seems to make me worry more should I be?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Thanks you!!
Blank
I am not exactly sure what "pelvic rest" entails but I would agree with the previous poster, stick to extremely light activitie and if you can manage, lay down and rest as much as possible.
Good Luck!!!!
Blank
I was put on pelvic rest with one of my pregnancies and yes that means no intercourse. That was all my docotr told me.
Tiffany
Blank
141601_tn?1264732309
i have been on pelvic rest for this entire pregnancy first because of a subchorionic bleed and now because i went into preterm labor last weekend at 20 weeks. i was told it means no orgasms and no lifting anything over 15 pounds and to stay off my feet as much as possible which is kind of hard since i have a 3 year old.
Blank
NO sex...  no lifting..  no doing anything that puts pressure on the pelvis.  no orgasms nothing to jolt that area at all until the baby implants.  lay down, rest, read books.  no long walks or long time on your feet, Thats what my doctor told me..
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Nothing that causes the uterus to contract, and drink a lot of water as that also stills uterine contractions.  Good luck!
Blank
Misty, I wish you and your baby the best.  I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing complications so early on and I hope you're not feeling too discouraged.  I will say a prayer for you!  God Bless!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank