Pepcid complete and ttc
Hey all, I had posted yesterday about the heartburn question. Little update, I went to the doctor today to see if it was my gallbladder, etc. and he said it is heartburn. Thank goodness! Anyway, he put my on pepcid ac for at least the next month, and I am planning to ttc as soon as i ovulate this month. Has anyone taken this while pregnant? Any info would be helpful. I love this website, I called me doctor to make an appointment because of the comments made on my post! Thank you.
Does your Dr know you are ttc?  If so and he prescribed pepcid complete then I would think it was fine.  You could also ask your pharmacist.  I know tums and zantac are okay to take during pregnancy.
Safefetus.com is a good website but it does not have all the drugs and OTC meds on it, and pepcid complete is not on there.
Heres the warnings page for pepcid complete:
  http://www.pepcidac.com/products/detail.jhtml?id=pepcid/products/complete.inc#warnings

Since you are only taking it for a month and are not pregnant yet...I wouldnt worry, especially since your Dr prescribed the medication.
Hope this helps!