Period after giving birth
I gave birth to my son on May 25.  I had spotting for 4 weeks and then got my period.  Usually my period is only 3 to 4 days and not very heavy.  I have been bleeding heavy for a week now and I'm suppose to go back to the doctor this Friday and it hasn't let up at all.  Is this normal and how long should I expect it to stay this way.
It probably isn't your period. Postpardom bleeding can last up to six weeks. Idon't remember how long it was for me, but it was a good while!
i agree that it is probably still from giving birth.  with my last pg i had bleeding for about 3-4 wks then it stopped.  i started doing more around the house and walking and the bleeding started again.  dr said that i needed to take it easy still and let my body heal.  are you doing more than you maybe should be?  if so, try to take it easy.  i know that it is hard when you have a new baby and you want to get back to normal.  best of luck to you and congrats on your new addition!
As long as it doesn't get more and more heavy, it's probably as the other ladies said, after-effects of birth and normal at that.  I would call the nurse or doc if it gets worse, and just check with them about it at your next appointment otherwise.  Hide the dirty dishes in the oven and shut the laundry room door, and rest.  All the best to you and your new little love!  Annie
Oh, I'm so sorry for what you have been through.  I pray that you and your family are doing okay during this time.  I know that giving birth to a baby is hard work and you do bleed for quite awile afterwards.  It could be from the birth, which is what it sounds like, but just mention it to your Dr. when you go back in.  I was still bleeding at my 6 week checkup after my son.  I also noticed my periods were a little off for awhile after that, it takes time for your body to get back to normal after something like that.  Take care.
What I didn't tell you was that I delivered my son at 22 weeks by an induced labor.  He had Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome and then they had found out he had several other problems which had caused his lungs to not develop so they decided we needed to induce labor as he would not make it and I was causing more damage to him the longer I carried--so I had him and you would of never known he had so much wrong on the inside because he looked perfect.  He was 1 lb and 3 oz and 11 1/2 inches long.  He died about 33 minutes later.  He is loved and missed so deeply.  I did not need any stiches or anything and I recovered quickly.  Do you still think that its not my period and just from the birth?
i am so sorry for your loss.  i will be thinking of you and your family.  i'm sure your little one is watching down over you.  (((HUGS)))
I gave birth 35 days ago to a beautiful little girl we named Adrienne, and she was stillborn. I do feel and understand your pain, as I am still coping with it.  I delivered her by c-section, and I bled for about 2 1/2 weeks afterward.  I know it can vary from person to person, but I would definitely check with the physician to make sure this is normal.  I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.