Maternal & Child Community
Period after the pill?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Period after the pill?

My husband and I recently decided to go off the pill and try to get pregnant. My question is, when will I get my first "real" period? I just stopped the pill yesterday, so I expect the "period" pill in a couple of days, but when will the "real period come? Is it approx. 1 month later, or could it be anytime? Im just trying to figure out when I will most likely ovulate....
well coming from my point of view is that it will happen according to your cycle so it should be on time. i was on the pill for two years and went off and had regular periods. but i know that it takes a while to concieve (conceive) if you are trying.
Thank you! I had my son 5 years ago, and i have been on the pill since. i have been taking "Seasonal" which only gives you a period every three months. On top of that, my periods were irregular before I had my son, so i am concerned that i will have a hard time.
I was on the pill about 5 years ago and my periods still haven't gone back to a normal schedule.  I get one about every 45 days give or take.  Hopefully yours will just come back naturally because I have heard that birth control can really mess up your periods.  Good luck!!!
Mine are still crazy after going off the pill in March, but I was on them for almost 8 years... My Dr. says after the pill it could go either way, either right back to normal or take up to a year to regulate again...
i last took yasmin on the 16th of November, 2008. i saw my period on the 21st of november, 2008. i then saw it on the 16th of december, 2008.then i saw it on the 11th of january, 2009 then it stopped and sarted on the 12th of january, 2009 and it was  very light. can it be that am pregnant