Maternal & Child Community
Period is getting later and later every month

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Okay, when I first got my period some 13 years ago, I never really knew to pay attention to the pattern, but I would say it was about 30-31 days.  When I got married and went on the pill, it was, of course, a steady 28 days.  I went off the pill almost 2 years ago (after being ON for 2 years) and it stayed at 28 days until roughly 6 months ago.  My period has gone from 28 days, to 30, 31, 33, and we are currently sitting at 38 right now.  I understand that the average irregular period is about twice a year, but this has been consistant for 6 months straight.  Pregnancy tests say NEGATIVE (usually taken 3 days after 28 day mark) and period does eventually come.  I was wondering if anyone had any idea as to what it might possibly be before I go running to a doctor.