Physical/Emotional Stress/Synthroid=Causes for miscarriage?
I was 12 weeks pregnant and at my 12 week US found out that my baby stopped growing at 8wk 6 day and had no heart tone. Tracing back my steps to what went wrong, there were a few things that happened that week, one- I was extrememly stressed at work, working a 12 hour day, i didn't eat all day that day I was soo frustrated at work, a very bad day, i was running around all day like a chicken with its head cut off, i went to the bathroom and took a 5 minute break just to cry, i wonder if it was not eating/extreme work stress/physical stress that caused my baby's death. 2- the week before they told me i had a subclinical hypothyroidism and that i would need to be started on synthroid so i started taking that medication, my baby's heart beat before taking the synthroid was already 176, so I don't know it that's what did it. I know they say most miscarriages happen to due to abnormal chromosomes/splitting, etc. but has anyone experienced anything like this before the miscarried?
I had a miscarriage in May and I was on Synthroid the whole time. It is safe and necessary to take while pregnant. The risk of miscarriage with abnormal thyroid function is higher. I don't think the meds would effect the pregnancy other than to help it.
When I was pregnant with my 1st child 9 yrs ago, my husband told me he didn't want to be married anymore and I spent the whole pregnancy a stressed out mess trying to keep up appearances to everyone else. My daughter was born healthy and still is. Stress can be hard on a pregnancy but a healthy pregnancy will go on. I'm sure it was nothing that you did and there was just something wrong. Don't blame yourself. I know it's hard to move on but you will and if you want, you will be able to get pregnant again. And women have trouble eating all the time during pregnancy because of nausea and such and their babies are fine. Try to relax and not stress about what could've happened. Good luck and I'm so sorry you have to go thru this.
Thank you!
I had almost the same situation and no one really knows why this happens but they do believe it could be the baby didn't develop correctly. Some say bad sperm or bad egg. I've been through it twice now but I also have 3 healthy kids and one due in 8 wks. Keep your head up and try again. Don't ever let a miscarriage stop you. Stress can cause a woman to go into early labor but I'm always stressed and I'm doing fine in my pregnancy.