Please help! 5 weeks 2 days and just saw a gestational sac on US, NORMAL???
Please help....  I've had miscarriages before.....and am 5 weeks 2 days pregnant again.  Doctor wanted to so an ultrasound and all we saw was a gestational sac....no yolk sac yet or baby.

Is this normal?  They said it wasn't great, but it wasn't necessarily bad.

Please help!  What do you think>
It sounds like it may have been to early to see anything.  I didn't see my bean until 6w2d.  what did the dr say to you?
The doctor said it wasn't a great sign, but it didn't necessarily mean anything bad.  So, it's the waiting game, I guess.

Did you go in for your first ultrasound at 6 weeks 2 days?  Or did you go in before that?
are you sure of your dates--you could even be early than the 5 weeks and two days---you may never know when you implanted--wait a week or two and have another u/s--
yeah thats normal.  don't stress it.  wait another two weeks and have another.  good luck  Dana
Dana,

Do you really think that's normal?  I've been following your story.....  I'm just nervous because all they saw was a sac (which was measuring right) but no yolk or baby or anything.

I'm hoping it's too early.  They're going to check my HCG again on Wednesday.  This is so scary!
I wouldn't worry too much yet, I think it is kind of early. My doctor wouldn't do one until I was 7 weeks pregnant because she didn't want me to worry if I didn't see the HB. I too had a previous m/c and was scared. But I'm glad we waited, I wouldn't want to add extra stress that early. Have your HCG levels checked and as long as they are going up you should be positive.

Best baby wishes to you.
my doc wouldnt even do an US till 7 weeks because she said we wouldnt see the heartbeat... so give it a couple weeks, then go again.
slc
I think that is completely normal.  My 5w u/s only showed a sac...nothing else.  It was measuring right too.  They were relived because I had been having right sided pain and they wanted to see  something in the uterus (not the tubes, etc)  They told me it was too early to see anything else.  I then had another u/s a week later because I have had a molar pregnancy before and they wanted to make sure this was developing normally.  At the 6w u/s, we saw the fetal pole, yolk sac and cardiac activity (hb)!!  It wasn't a great machine, but we could still see it!  I was so happy!  I go again on the 23rd to have a more professional u/s done...I guess to check the bpm on the heartbeat.  I would try not to worry...I think that is completely normal.  In fact, my dr. said the sac is all he expected to see so early! And he said that was a good sign!

Stacey
too early to see HB yet.  6 weeks atleast.  Next time will be a different story.  When do you go back?
I was 5 wks and some days when I first started to bleed real bad and I went to ER and they did an US and I got to see the little one and got to hear the hearbeat. Did they do a stanard US with it on your tummy? Or did they do the one where they insert the thing inside you? Cause it was hard to tell with the one on my belly, but when she inserted this tool inside me, I was able to better see the baby and she was able to pick up a strong heartbeat. Like everyoe said, you might be too early, or it could be the machine. Ask about the vaginal US.
Debb~
Thank you SO MUCH for all of your positive information.  I've just been so upset and a little scared.  They said the sac was measuring at about 5 wks  6 days, but that they don't put too much reliability on sac size anyway.....so, the sac size is about right.  However, it wasn't perfectly round like an orange, it was more like a pear....  is that okay?  Does it have to be a perfect size?
yes, I had my first u/s at 6w2d.  My dr. said if went went in any earlier then 6w, we may just see the sac and no baby.  I think your ok, no bleeding, no cramping, I guess your right waiting and it sucks.  See if he will give you another one in a week.
I saw a HB at 5wk5days, so before 6 wks is not too early for a HB.  BUT, I think it may be different for everyone.  Good luck!
I went in at 5 weeks according to the tech and 6 weeks according to my count.......we saw nothing but a sac. My hcg level was 27000(ish) and the doctor thought we should have seen something. So I panicked for a week. Then we went back in exactly one week later and saw the heartbeat and the baby.  Try not to stress too much about this because it is very very normal! (I know, not stressing is easier said than done) :) Good luck and keep us posted!
Jen!!  You're making my eyes well up with tears!  I feel SO MUCH BETTER NOW!  I'm so so so scared and nervous, but I feel better now!!!  I'm so glad that you are all here!  They've been checking mY HCG for over a week and the progression was:

27
75
659
3,014

So, things have been progressing normally.  I will have another HCG test on Wednesday.  PLEASE KEEP PRAYING!!

Dana---Thanks for explaining your situation....you're right, you could have been just like me!  If you had gone in at 5 weeks 2 days you may have only seen a sac as well.  That makes me feel better.

THANK YOU LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had my u/s done at 5w6days and they just saw the yolk sac..  it was barely visable and day or two earlier and nothing would of been seen..  as far as the gestational sac mine was roundish with a stem kinda of.  not round like a circle though..  when will they do your next one??  That will be the tell all.. But I think you should be okay. remember drs always error on the side of caution...
Allie, take some time to relax and destress.  At least your U/S technician saw something at that time.  We didn't get to see my baby or anything at all till 6w 4d.  :)
allie.....surely u should remember my post...lol

i had a us at 6 weeks and they couldnt see anything at all and doc wanted to book me in for d and c etc...

well im 15 weeks pregnant now.. i think its way to early to see anything,,, i know how scared and worried u are...u are just like me..

im still scared now and think im going to miscarry again.. im terrible...  anyway....i know its hard my darling but try to stay positive at this stage xxxx

keep us posted
You sound very pregnant to me. Enjoy it:)
I went to the doctor on January 11th and found out that I was 6wks 0 days just as I thought.  They did a vaginal ultrasound and saw two babies.  Baby A had a heartbeat of 120 and Baby B had a heartbeat of 118.  Just wondering if that is a good or bad thing.  I go back in for my next doctor appointment on February 1st and just nervous about everything.
Today I am 5weeks 2days pregnant according to the ultrasound I had today,my doctor thought I was 8 weeks pregnant according to my last menstrual period. Well my periods are irregular, and maybe that has something to do with it. The ultra sound person scared me because she said that she couldnt tell if there was a yolk sac, and she couldnt see the fetal pole, all I had was the gestational sac, and according to its measurments I am 5weeks2days. I am really, really nervous I cant eat or go to sleep because I already lost a baby in March he was born when I was 6 months and he died a day later, so I am really nervous, I dont know if anyone understands, but I have an ultrasound next friday, and I really pray to God that everything is fine, and that ultrasound lady....she always likes to worry me, do yall have any doctors or nurses who just **** you off? Well wish me luck cause I am really nervous I am really hungry but I cant eat anything, because of what happened today.
***@****
need advice.  I had a miscarriage back in September and just found out I was pregnant last Thursday.  I noticed some light bleeding so I went in today for an ultrasound.  They said I was definitely pregnant but there wasn't even a gest. sac!  It wasn't clear by the doctor's response if this was normal.  I'm going back this Thursday for more blood test.  Any information or advice???
Hi , i am 5weeks 5 days and just had an u/s & only had a gestational sac . No Fetal pole or yolk sac , im so scared . Is this normal or is something wrong ??
Hey there i just had my 3rd sonogram in the last 6 days went wed 8/12 first dr told me my uterus looked "funky" then pointed out to my husband and I what appeared to her two gestional sac told us to come back in 48hrs to see if my hcg levels will triple well of course we are excited shocked and have our hearts set on two come back fri 8/14 see another dr which i was fine with since the first was having hard time with my "funky" uterus. He was more informative but still seemed unassured as well preformed the 2nd sonogram to find out what the first dr saw was cysts not even the gestional sac she was looking at well then he points the real gestional sac which was measured to be at 5wks and 5days at that time and it ws empty nothing.  So he has me come back mon 8/17 now exactly 6wks and this sonogram showed yolk sac but no fetal pole so of course they want me to com back AGAIN the next followig Mon 8/24 so they can see if they can hear heartbeat ....This is my second pregnancy my first was 5yrs ago went undetected till I was 3months pregnant entering my 2nd trimester and I had never had this much issues not knowing till I was almost 4months pregnant i feel was much more pleasant, relaxing and smoother. I sit here reading forums postings blogs from dozens of sites and from my own personal experiences and reading others I personally feel DRs rely on what medical science has taught them when things dont go as sch as the  med book says then for them its the only other alternative unvialable pregnancy. Im not saying drs dont know what they are doing but I do feel they dont let mother nature takes its course...we are all different therefore just bc one woman developes her fetal pole in 5wks of pregnancy i dont think should be compared to another who hasnt. To everyone with doubts and hearts that been shatter with crushing news like that DONT lose your hope DONT let one negative doubt take your spirit its that hope love faith and undoubting that will get you through these hard times keep planning on that nusery theme and baby names its our strenght in belief that we wont except a comparison . Stand strong for you baby
i just found sunday that i'm pregant on tuesday i went to obgyn and after that i went for an ultrasound. By my last period i should be 6 weeks and 2 days but the ultrra sound says i 5 weeks and to days. they didn't hear a heart beat or see a baby. they my hcg is in the 12,000 so they called me back in for more blood work. my hcg level has went up. i go back for an ultra sound tuesday. the doctor told me if there is no baby then i have a hard discision to make. i might be miscarring and my body don't know that. so i have two chioces let nature take it's course or scheduled for and d&c. i'm very scared and i pray to god that my baby is ok. But on tuesday i will know for sure..
I am going through this now! I'm supposed to be 6-8wks according to the blood test but when I went for my ultrasound all they could see was the sac and what the ultrasound lady said was the egg??? What the?? My partner n I have worked out that if it was from the last time we had intercourse it would be 4 wks 3 days which was before he went away, so then it would def be too early! According to my last period I should be about 6 weeks though. So it's all a little confusing. I've been havin cramps for the last 3 days but no bleeding. Do u think I should prepare myself for a miscarriage or it's just tat I'm def too early?? But how could the blood test b so off dates?? Pls reply.
I went to the doc today and I'm suppose to be 8 weeks and all we seen was a sac no yock or anything my doc told me I probably had a missed abortion should I get a second opinion? And wait before I get heart broken
I went to the doctor today and I am suppose to be 8wks all we seen was a sac no yolk sac or nothing and she said I probably had a missed abortion.. I am positive of my dates and she says Te sac is measuring 8 wks should I be worried or should I get a second opinion