Maternal & Child Community
Please help! Horrible sore throat and sinus drainage what can I do?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Please help! Horrible sore throat and sinus drainage what can I do?

If anyone can help I would appriciate it.  I have a sore throat and sinus drainage and it is TERRIABLE... I am sitting here at work and all I want to do is lay down and REST.  Does anyone know anything I can take or do that wont hurt my baby? I am 15weeks pregnant.  Please help
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
Call your doctor and ask.  Hope you feel better.  
Blank
177988_tn?1266802499
I just had a sinus infection with symptoms similar to yours.  It has been awful and today I am starting to feel better after 5 days.  I was put on Amoxicillin an antibiotic that is totally safe.  I also found out that you can take Robitussin and/or Benadryl.  The robitussin did little for me.  The Benadryl I would only take when I need sleep because it really zonks me out.  But after taking it yesterday and getting some sleep, I do feel better!  Good luck and if it feels like an infection call about those antibiotics!
Blank
I just got over being sick.. and for the sore throat all i could do was gargle warm salt water..which didnt help. but my doctor said that its ok to take dayquil, or robitussen.. They helped it alot..So you could try those.
Blank
gargle with salt water and get a saline wash at the pharmacy for your sinuses.... works great
Blank
Thanks I finally got a hold of my dr he said it was okay to take Tylenol Sinus Robittusum and Sudafed.  Things have changed cause when my son was born 7 years ago you could not take anything Thanks
Blank
I am 5 months pregnant. I have this sinus infection (that started on sat) I didnt know I had one until I called the doctor and asked. they gave me antibiotic called Azithromycin and its sorta helping. The woman at the doc off ice said I would be ok to take Sudafed and Robitusin. Well, we bought the Sudafed PE nighttime cold and the Sudafed PE cold and cough. I am so worried it will hurt the baby. I keep feeling my stomach to see if he is still breakdancing in there...yep he is. But I feel like I am going crazy everytime I take a sudafed I think is it harming him? am I crazy?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...