Maternal & Child Community
Positive Pregnancy test after early miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Viewing 201-222 comments:
Hi everyone
This is my first known pregnancy i believe i miscarried once befor about a year ago but im not 100% sure. But beyond the fact I took a test 3 weeks ago and it was positive I knew i was about 61/2 weeks pregnant when i took the test due that was the only time i had unprotected sex with you boyfriend. But I went in for an ultrasound 1 week ago and they didnt find anything in my uterus but they found something by my left ovary thinking it was an aptopic pregnancy. But my hcg levels then came back and it was 28 then i went in wendsday to retest my hcg and it was 15. So they said im having a miscarriage, but after all this i have felt alot more pain in my breasts, more sick, and feel alot more bloated. So im feeling more preganent then i ever have, but now today i started bleeding. But my question is can you get pregnant again befor you start bleeding from your miscarriage? Because i know that im losing this baby due to the bleeing i got today :( but could i possiably be pregnant with another baby right now?
please give me a hand here,my friends last period was on dec 18th and she was doing well, and then she went to the hospital jan 29th and supposedly miscarried, but she has done pregnancy test every single day they are all positive and she took a test yesterday a clear blue one that shows her how far along she is but she took it mid day and it said 2-3 (meaning shes 4-5) but how can that be when she supposedly miscarried after she would have gotten pregnant again while she was already pregnant? and today she started bleeding again? im completely confused. and we don't want to go sit in a hospital for them to assume shes miscarrying when i don't think shes miscarrying at all.. her mother also bled through her pregnancy with her. can i have some advice here please!
Hello everyone!

2005 I had a beautiful daughter now 5 going on 15 or so she thinks... My husband and I decided it was finally time to have another I got my iud out Oct 2010 had my first normal period in November December 3rd we found out we were expecting another blessing had our 1st app dec 13th we were 5 weeks along not feeling any signs of pregnancy which was great. End of December I started getting pregnancy symptoms. Even though it sucked throwing up every morning I was still super excited. Jan 14th 2nd app ultra sound this day was so exciting me my husband and daughter went to see the baby =) Now probably one of the worst days of my life at the ultra sound the nurse inserted the ultra sound monitor and saw the baby after an hour of looking I was told they couldn’t find a heart beat that I would need to go to a professional ultra sound Tech and also have my blood drawn twice within a matter of 24hrs.. Next day went to the next ultra sound person after a few mins of looking around she concluded no heat beat and only showing 8 weeks along (which I was supposed to be 10 weeks) speaking with my doctor I opted to wait for the miscarriage  to happen naturally going in every week to get my HCG levels checked which weren’t really going down.. I waited for about 3 weeks had one last ultra sound I guess for piece of mind that my angel was gone. Seeing that my cervix was still closed doctor said the D&C would be best she we scheduled for that Friday researching a D&C I seen so many mothers said that they shouldn't of done it. That it was painful.... Being extremely nervous i expected the worse going in that morning.... All I remember after taking the sleepy pills is two black lights above me than waking up. This procedure didn’t hurt and in the end was probably the best for me.. During these weeks prior to the D&C and after I was a wreck crying at baby commercials couldn’t even go by the baby stuff at any store.. And after all this I knew 2 women that were due days after me and 5 more who are pregnant I hated them… bad to say yes I know but I was so overcome with jealously I couldn’t see straight... After 2 weeks my husband and I actually 13 days we had un protected sex and have had sex many times after using protection. Now my period is due and its only been a month since the D&C but no period yet could I be preggers....
I had a miscarriage 6 weeks ago.  I did not have a D&C.  My doctor told me I would have a period at about 4 weeks from the miscarriage.  It was been 6 weeks.  I took a pregnancy test today and it came out positive.  But I don't feel pregnant at all, as I am not having many symptoms.  Could I really be pregnant?  If so, it is bad that I am not having symptoms?
Hi I have a question I just found out I'm pregnant and have been bleeding light but off and on for a couple days I called labor and delivery and they said its normal and there isn't any concern unless I'm having horrible cramps and bleeding real heavy what should I do I have an Ob appt on Tuesday can someone help me?
Ok totally new to this can someone please help me! Got positive preg test 3 days before my period. Got period expelled clot like stuff medium fever and extremely tired and cramping.
I am new to this group and I'm hoping someone might have some insight for me.  I found out I had a missed miscarriage on 3/10 (was supposed to be 9 1/2 weeks but baby died at 6 1/2 weeks).  I was given misoprostol which I took on 3/11.  Bled heavily for about a week, then lighter for another week.  Bleeding had completely stopped after 2 weeks.  On 3/25 my HCG was at 64.  On 3/27 I took a HPT to see if my HCG had dropped enough to make the test negative.  The test (First Response Early Preg Test) was, in fact, negative, so I figured my HCG had dropped below 20 since it is a pretty sensitive test.  Yesterday, my HCG levels came back at 22 and now my HPT shows positive.  I'm confused as to whether my HCG is still falling from 64, or whether it went to zero and then started rising again.  My next blood test is next Friday.  Any thoughts?
I, too, am new to this site.  I had a m/c being 12w 1 day along on feb 3 and had to have a D & C operation due to complications.  It is now April 4.  Yesterday, I started to bleed which I figured was my normal cycle.  I took a pregnancy test today and it shows a very faint positive.  Am I pregant or are my levels still messed up?  I thought I might have been pregnant until I started to bleed.  And it is a very faint positive.  I have blood tests tomorrow but I am having a hard time waiting.  What do you think?
Hi all,
I have been bleeding on and off (mostly on) for 3 weeks.  The last 2 days, it has gotten VERY heavy, with cramping, and very large clots for me.  I went to the doctor last Friday (just over a week ago) and was given a urine pregnancy test, which she said was neg., because she was afraid it might be a miscarriage.  My question is, could it have been to early to test for the pregnancy?  If so, if I am miscarrying, would I be able to take a urine pregnancy test now, and have it show anything?
Is it possible to get pregnant 3weeks after a miscarriage? I had a miscarriage on march 19th and i was about 7 weeks pregnant. I had unprotected sex 3weeks after my miscarriage and my home pregnancy test are still coming back positive does this mean im pregnant. I was told you can only get pregnant 2weeks after your miscarriage because thats when your ovulating!!
I was 20.5 weeks pregnant and on April 25, 2011 I had an ultrasound and my baby no longer had a heartbeat. April 26, 2011 my doctor made me go into labor to give birth to my stillborn baby. A week after that my husband and I had sex every other day. Last week which would of been 3 weeks after having my baby I took a HPT and it was a faint positive. Could the test been reading my hcg levels from the baby I miscarried or could I be pregnant again? A week after having sex my bleeding stopped.
Well i find that it is so helpful reading all these posts...usually i only read and never comment...well i had a D&C after miscarriage, i was 3months along, well that was 6 weeks ago and still no period, i tested positive....i took a test 2 weeks after d&c and it was negative so i know its not positive off that pregnancy but now im so scared it can happen again and im looking up these stories to see if there was success after having NO period and getting pregnant right after d&c.. if anyone reads this and has had a successful pregnancy please let me know....im so nervous to miscarry again.....
It has been a few weeks since you posted... but
hello, we have similar stories and the same fears. we found out I was pregnant on 3/09/11, and found out at 12wks on 5/04/11 that our baby no longer had a heartbeat, due to chromosome (spelling?)  issues. Had a d&c on 5/05/11. My doc told us to wait after 1 period to try again. Here we are 8 weeks after d&c and still no period. I took a home preg test last night and within sec's it was very positive. I called my doc today and waiting to hear back from them. We are excited to possibly be pregnant again, but very nervous to think it could be a false postive or miscarry again. btw, I am 29 and really hoping this has nothing to do with my age. some have said its harder to conceive as you "get older".    
Hi thanks 2 everyone 4 all there story's. I had a mc 4 wks ago thought I was 10wks but baby only measured 6 and no heart beat. Was bleeding heavily 4 few days then slightly 4 about a wk but had really bad cramps which had 2 stay in hospital 4 3 days 2 receive pain relief. Started having intercourse a wk and a half after mc so fingers crossed but some of ur stories have been promising as have heard u at ur most fertile following a mc.Goodluck 2 everyone and hope everyone has what they want soon x
hello everyone, my name is Laura and I am 22, I was 17wks pregnant with my third child on may 3, 2011. I went back one weeks later on May 11, 2011 to find out the sex of the baby, and found out the baby's (Caitlyn's) heart stopped beating. The most devastating news I have ever received. I had to deliver and passed Caitlyn the next day (May 12). I have had one period since- and today July 10th, I took a hpt and it shows a faint positive. I do not know what to think.
hello, i have been reading this forum and it has helped me quiet a bit so far, but im gonna explain my story just to see if it makes any sense to any of you, because i am completely confused by it.

i normally have a very regular period, in may i missed it & the June 26th got it, it started normal and 3 days into it i ended up being bed ridden from the cramping. the next morning i woke up to use the washroom and 2 very large clots passed (i was in excruciating pain). after they passed the cramps were still there but they were tolerable. i am almost 100% positive i had a m/c.

July 11th i had my yearly pap scedualed and after she checked me she got my urine sample back and it said i was 1 week pregnant?? of course i was in shock i wasnt expecting to hear that at all  . . . but then it got me thinking would there still be hormones if my system saying i am pregnant if i did indeed misscarry ? im terrible confused with this, and have to go back july 19 to retake a urine test. .

what do you guys think of this ? . . or am i just worrying to much..  
My dilemma is a little different from the above, but I am going to give this a shot. I can't be the only person who has gone through this. I have had 3 miscarriages in the last year. It takes me over two months from my last period to even get a positive pregnancy test and usually the results are still pretty light. I don't really get any pregnancy symptoms, but my mom said she didn't get many either, so I figured it was normal. The first m/c was after 9 weeks, the second after 13 and the third after 6. I had a feeling these were caused from a low hormone level, but I have been tested for everything my Dr. could think of and nothing really looks out of the ordinary (I had a small hit on an AHA test but the secondary tests were negative). During the second pregnancy, I noticed a small bald spot on the back of my head. Since then, it had increased in size to a bit larger than a 1/2 dollar. My OB and Family Dr. are stumped. Right now I am going on 6 weeks from my last period. We have been trying again to get pregnant so I took a test. It showed up as a faint negative, but that is pretty much how they all looked until after almost 8 weeks or so. I went to the Dr. and my Beta test came back as less than. I can only assume I'm not pregnant, but it feels like deja vu with the first m/c. Any suggestions?
i found out on tuesday that i was pregnant, then wednesday morning i started to bleed, later on that day i started to bleed clots,
is it possible for a test to show positive a day before a miscarriage?
or could i still be pregnant?
I hope this helps the few most recent posts above..
I last posted here 6/28/11 that we had just gotten a very positive result. I got a blood test which said my hcg was 144., tested a week later, it dropped to 17, tested a week later and its now 0. I thought that 8-9w post d&c I was pregnant. Turns out it was just hormones left from the m/c. I have found reading these posts and talking to my doctor that there is no real time line on your levels. For us that are trying to conceive soon after a m/c, its always possible to still have the hormones that give false positives.  I guess it depends on the person. Some levels dropped sooner than others. I was told thru my levels dropping that if I was pregnant again, that I would most likely m/c again.. that if I started bleeding or having clots to call my doc asap. A little blood during a pregancy could be nothing, but heavy cramping and clots is usually a heartbreaking sign of m/c. I am so sorry to all of you. It breaks my heart everytime I read a new story bec I was there.. I know your pain.
I don't know if this helps, but when going thru our m/c dilema, a nurse at my doc's office asked if our lab results showed a molar pregnancy? I told her no, it was chromosome issues.
That got me wondering what a molar pregnancy was... so I looked it up. I don't want to scare you, but you should look into it. If a molar pregnancy is not detected.. it can happen over and over again, it can also form a rare form of cancer. There are so many things that can cause this.. its just getting tested for each so they can figure out what to do to have a healty pregnancy. Good luck to you!!!!
hi everyone. my first pregnancy ended at 8 weeks with a natural miscarriage which happened this past june. I am now pregnant again and am around 6 weeks. I had brown spotting for about 3 days and I'm starting to think i might be having another miscarriage also due to stress. Ill be very honest but I got in a big argument with a lot of crying, screaming and a couple slaps being thrown from both sides. This just happened yesterday and now im even more worried about losing my baby due to this fight and to the brown spotting last week. I guess my question is, am I on the verge of losing my baby? and do u think that if i am starting to miscarried will a pregnancy test show negative if I take one. or will it take acouple of weeks to show my true results? I want to be positive and pray that I still am pregnant with a healthy baby but the thought of miscarriage comes to mind a lot more now since I already experienced one. any help and prayer would be greatly appreciated!!!
I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks pregnant exactly 4 weeks ago today.  My boyfriend and I started trying again immediately and I feel pregnant again (cramping in lower back and abdomen, sore breasts, moodiness).  I took a pregnancy test this morning but not with first morning urine and it was negative.  I feel discouraged.  It's been exactly 4 weeks since the first day I miscarried.  Could it still be too early?  Has anyone tested negative this soon and later found they were positive?
How long after your miscarriage did you take the test that came out negative?? Because I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was positive. Then I had some bleeding with a couple very very small clots and I'm still spotting a little... I'm not sure if I had a miscarriage and I can't get in to see the doctor before Wednesday. I took another test this afternoon and it was positive. I guess my question is "if you have a miscarriage and take a test within a day afterwards, would it be negative for sure, or could it still show positive?" Thank you
hi just wanted to let u know im in the same boat i was 7 weeks pregnant and had miscarrige at hospital i was told i lost my baby im still being asked to go hospital for blood and pregnancy test im so confused! i also done a home test and theres a faint line? dont know what way to turn or what to think? please let me know how your getting on?
I am im the middle of a miscarriage... It started October 11th. I am still bleeding i haven't bled too bad, but the craps have been pretty horrible. My lmp before this was Sept.8th so i was almost 5 weeks. I am wondering, Would i consider my MC as a period (Oct.11th) as a HEDD for the next pregnancy, assuming i get pregnant right away before a period shows?!
I am wanting to try again as soon as i stop bleeding, when i went to the hosp. on oct. 11th my HCG level was 5.3 i am going to take a pg test to make sure i wont get a positive after im done bleeding. But i want to know, Would i use the oct.11th date as a lmp? Or should i just use opk's and when i get a smiley face should i use that date?
I would then be using a date 2 weeks behind since most obgys go by lmp till they can get a more accurate reading from an ultrasound later.
And being my hcg level was 5.3 on the 11th should it be a negative test now?
i miscarried sept 14, 2011 so its been about 4 weeks (or a little more) i took a pregnancy test today and it was postive. I miscarried at about 5/6 weeks and the dr told me my levels of hcg at misccarriage were those of someone who was 1 week or so pregnant! My question is could those hormones still be there from the miscarraige (miscarriage) or is it an actual pregnancy? my thought is that if my levels were that low at miscarrage (miscarriage) that they wouldn't still be present. I have not had a period since my miscarriage and i have the symptoms of a pregancy occuring ie: sore breasts, a little sick (which i thought was the flu). Please help i'm concerned!! thanks
JZimmer
I am going through the EXACT same thing.. I lost the baby at 10 weeks on September 12 2012 and now my boobs are sore and I'm feeling a little sick.. I tested a few days ago and it was negative.. so I'm still waiting! I have a youtube channel if you'd like to see my progress it's jessicaleitexoxo ... Hope that if you are pregnant, that everything works out!
I thought I had a miscarriage on 10/25 Tuesday of last week I went to tha dr on 10/27 and they said only time would tell they still drew blood and took urine and I have another appointment on 11/10 I took a pregnancy test on 10/31 and it says positive . So am I still pregnant shouldn't my levels be back to normal if I wasn't .? Someone please help I'm super anxious:-(
Hi All,
Thank God I'm not along.  I had a MC which started on Sept. 28.  Not really sure how far along I was.  A week later I began to have a very heavy period which lasted two weeks ending on 10/14.  I have gone to the doctor every week since my MC.  I had a blood test on 10/20 which my hcg levels had decreased from 6000 to 513.  On 10/25 my hcg level had increased to 527, so I have to go in tomorrow for another blood test.  I took a pregnancy test today and it was positive. I'm having some cramping in my lower back and abdomen, and very exhausted.  I just went to the restroom and it looks as if my period is trying to come on.  Not sure what is going on.  Please pray for me.
Hi please help I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago and stopped bleeding 10 days ago then I started bleeding again 3 days ago, I took a pregnancy test today at it was positive so could it be from left over hcg or a new pregnancy?????
i had  started a very light discharge on the 3rd november but then from discharge it slowly became red and then i started to have a heavy bleeding on the 6th NOVEMBER i had a internal scan everything was fine the baby was on its right place but the doc said i was bleeding from the ulters but wasnt sure why .then when i went home i started to have alot of pain and few hrs later i felt something came out when i checked the pad something whitish was on top of the pad which i have never seen in my period before
i had miscarriage on the 6th November,2011 i was 6 weeks pregnant
i took a urine test on the 10th november it showed faint positive although i know i cant be pregnant anymore but can i still coneive as my bleeding has Stop,i want to try again.the only prob is it still shows positive while trying ? please help
Hey, I'm just woundering, I had sex with my boyfriend without protection saturday, and I'm on the pill and still have a week and a half left, I've been in pain with the bottom of my stomach past few days, and I had a spot of blood just after my boyfriend gave me oral before, is there a possibility I've had a miscarriage or that I am pregnant? Lauren x
here is my story may 5th 2011 was my first day of my period i did not have a period for over 17 weeks so i went to a specialist to have blood work done on the 8th of august. he was wondering cause all my child bearing life i was told i have PCOS but did not have none of the symptoms. so he checked my thyroid, my ovulation, to see if i really have PCOS,come to find out everything was normal i ovulate normally, NO PCOS at all. no thyroid issue at all everything was normal.now on September 8th 2011 was the first day of my period normal as always. i have not seen my period yet and today is November 17th last week another doctor did my blood work and it said negative a level <2. i have all pregnancy symptoms that im suppose to have in the correct stages of pregnancy for some reason is there a chance that its a lab error. my past history is molar pregnancy in 2001, son born in 2009 c-section, a few months later lost twins at 5 weeks January 30,2010 worst pain in my life. then in jun 2010 another molar pregnancy. what can wrong should i get another blood test done.
Don't give up hope!! I miscarried in July 2011 and again in October 2011 and am happy to report I am 5 weeks pregnat!! Your are more fertile after a miscarriage and don't let anyone tell you what to do in regard to waiting. If you and your partner feel it is right to try again then go for it. Everything happens for a reason.... Try and satu postive happy baby dust to you and your family's
I had a fight with my husband and i guess with all the fussing it stressed the baby out and i blame myself and feel that is why i had a m/c.
i had a test showin postve on 8th jan aftr few days i saw light bleading with slighty abdominal pain.
I went to hospital n they suggested miscarriage although no suggery was given as they said it was only an early preg..it is 4th feb a pregnancy test shows ptv..am confused and i don knw whts happening
I got pregnant on January 31th. 2 pregnancy test came positive so,I went to my OB Dr she told me I'm pregnant 4 weeks and 6 days.i had a sex with my partner that night and after that I saw bright red color when I wiped myself,sorry to be so open about it.I went to my OB she took blood and said The HCG should rise so it went from 185 to 230 and I continue to see the brown and bright red color it wasn't much but it was still there. after 2 days they took another blood drown.and she told me day after that I M/C the HCG level went down to 181.How long dose it take to get my period back?and the pregnancy test is still PTV..
I assume by now you've gotten your period, so I thoght I'd ask a question. My last period was Jan. 27. On March 5, I found out I was pregnant. On March 8(thurs) I started spotting(no pain) and went to the ER to find out what was going on. The HCG level was only 83, so they told me to get my blood checked again a couple days later. I did on Sunday, and they went to 240. I went back on Tues, but only went to 386, then on Thurs, back down to 250. Week later 25, then 6...and then I stopped going because it was stressing me out and depressing and it was very clear it was over. So all in all I started spotting on 3/8, and finally stopped completely on 3/30. How long did it take you to get your period again after your initial drop? I don't know if you count the weeks from the day of the initial drop, or after they return to normal.
I found out I had a miscarriage on april 2nd. And went about 3 weeks ago to get my levels tested and they were a 5 they told me and said that was normal. I took a test toiday and it said positive. Am I really pregnant or it from having the miscarriage?
Hi my last cycle was 4/15.and n may it was suppost to come 5/11 in stead 5/15 4 days late.it lasted 11 days long.started feeling bad.went to the hospital..I was told im pregnat done a u/s and couldnt find a baby.next day went to obgyn the next day.did more blood work u/s still no baby.my blood work came back that my p numbers was higher then the hospital.so they called me n today for more blood work..and a home pregnacy test still saying positive....can anyone tell me what may be happening?
I'm new at this, I started bleeding the 9th of May for a whole week and 2 days I was 3weeks along, I haven't had my period since and love making took place on the 25th of may! Could I be pregnant now as we speak???
Curious!! With my busy schedule I haven't been to a Dr.

i done a pregnancy test 4weeks ago and it was positive then i done a
doctors test and that was negitive and now i am 4days late on my
period??am i prenant??am confused :/
How does a miscarriage look? I just had a baby on March 17 2013 8 Weeks later my obgyn put me on Depo shot. They gave me a pregnancy test it was negative. But the weekend before that Monday me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. Hes always been good about pulling out. I started to bleed thinking it was a period when I pulled out my tampon this clot was around it it looked like a piece of chicken skin with little strings attached and a vein looking thing in the middle is it a miscarriage? I need help.
i'm going through the same thing kindve can you please update me to what happend. how long was it when it said u was pregnant
Did you ever discover if the bald spot was associated with the m/c ? My wife recently went through something similar except noticed the spot very close to the time she became pregnant, which were confirmed by a clear leu test and follow up blood test at the dr. 2 days later, her HCG level was up but not as much as expected (50% increase instead of 100%). 2 days later next test showed a drop. Spot bleeding a day later and a little more today but not still heavy flow like a normal period. We have a follow up test in 4 days but we still have a lot of unanswered questions that it seems there aren't any textbook answers.  I read this about the hair loss spot and would have never thought there would be any association. Any answers would be much appreciated.
I think I had a miscarriage had period then 2 weeks later bled  for 8 days with clots took pregnancy test showed faint line then at dr vaginal ultrasound showed Empty uterus and negative tests but hpt still shows faint line
Can you all help me by chance? I miscarried started miscarrying around the 22nd they tested levels 25th which were around 12,000 my levels three days after were 7,000. November I did have quite a bit of unprotected sex.. And now December 8, I've had 3 positive tests and tested my hormones which are 2,000 some.. Could it e left over from my first in October? Or.. Is this in fact a new pregnancy?
Ive just tuk a home pregnancy test n it came out positive but I've been spooting brown blood & having lower back & stomach pain dont go 2 da doctor til 12/13/13 im so scared because dis wud b my 5th miscarriage
Hey can I ask you a question from your message on this forum?
Viewing 201-222 comments: