Positive Result for Down's Syndrome on Integrated Screen
Hi -
I am 26 years old, and pregnant with my first child, 17 weeks today.  The results of my 1st trimester screen came back with a low Papp-a level but great ultrasound - 1.2 NT measurement and nasal bone was visible.  My chances for Down's Syndrome were 1 in 380.  My doctor encouraged me to have the 2nd trimester screen and the results came back with an integrated screen risk of 1 in 3.  I am of course extremely worried, and scheduled to have an amnio tomorrow.  I just wanted to reaach out and see if anyone had a similar result, or a false positive with this test.  I guess I am just so shocked that the risk increased by so much.  

Any help you can give would be greatly, greatly appreicated!

Thanks so much,
Emily
I wish I had some information for you, but I don't know much about it... I just wanted to send you some well wishes. I am sorry you are having to deal with this and really hope your amnio results are reassuring!
Hi, I know how worrisome this is for you.  My good friend was preganant with her 5th child at 40, and tested positive for Down's throughout her entire pregnancy.  She gave birth to a healthy baby boy....no Down's.  So, keep the faith as they are not always right.  Good luck and take care!
Thank you so much for the thoughts and well wishes.  I got the FISH results from the amnio yesterday and everything looks great!!!  I am so incredibly thankful and grateful.  I hope this can help others know that these tests have a high rate of false positives, and keep hoping and praying!