Maternal & Child Community
Positive pregnancy test but heavy bleeding a week later...help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Positive pregnancy test but heavy bleeding a week later...help

Ok, I have a very regular period and was supposed to start on Nov. 15th/16th.  I became worried a week before my expected period, however, b/c I was having preg. symptoms...sore/enlarged breasts, extremly tierd, bloating...more so than during PMS.  

I took a HPT on the 16th and got a negative result.  I waited until the 19th, still no period, and took two more tests with both of them being positive.  I had made an appt. with my doctor for next week, but then I started bleeding last night(Nov. 24th).  At first, it was really light and then it stopped after an hour or so.  Then overnight, I started bleeding really heavily, more than I normally do on my period.  Did I have an early miscarriage?  I am still pregnant and this is normal?  I have never been pregnant before and have not had many pregnancy scares...but I am very worried...please help.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Everyone's bodies are different and it could be nothing. On the other hand, this happened to me a few months ago and ended in miscarriage. I would call the doc first thing Monday and they'll do blood work and a sonogram. I'm sorry you are going through this and I wish you the best!
Blank
15031_tn?1219072889
Gosh, I had the SAME thing on Oct 31...i am so sorry u are going thru this. mine ended up being a chemical preg. dont know much about it, all it seemed to do was make my period a week later and bit heavier. it was my first ever preg, after two years of real trying. I was devastated, like these other women were from what i am reading. if u are ttc, good luck to you!
Blank
Oh, I am soo sorry you have to go through this!! The same thing happend to me 10/31 and since then I have been in limbo with HCG and other questions--hopefully some clarification next week. Contact a doctor and tell him/her what is going on, and see if they will do a quantitive HCG blood test.They will be able to see if you are still testing pregnant and go from there. That is a start, and where I am right now, though with no answers. Like you, I have never been/dealt with pregnancy or such issues before. I hope for the best for you!
~A
Blank
ive been on clomid and when i was two days late i took two digital test and got pregnant both times its a week later and i started bleeding and got a negitive on another test. can fertility pills cause a false positive
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...