Maternal & Child Community
Positve pregnancy test and bleeding heavily
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Positve pregnancy test and bleeding heavily

Ok so my boyfriend and i have been trying to get pregnant for about 2 months now. Finally I thought I was pregnant, so I have taken 2 tests and both have been positive. I was late for my period by 21 days. Then all of the sudden I start bleeding really bad. I cant wear tampons because I go through like 3 pads within 2 hours. The blood is dark red/brown and has like a discharge and lots of clots, not to mention it has no smell at all. I know a lil descriptive but I have no idea what is goin on. The bleeding will cease for about 4 hours but start right back up heavier than before.. Ive never had this problem.. Any ideas whats going on? Oh and Ive had every sign of being pregnant. I even thought I had implantation bleeding a couple weeks ago.
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sounds like you need to see the doctor.
Blank
I agree, call your doctor right away.
Blank
187316_tn?1386360282
I would contact your doctor bleeding in early pregnancy can be normal. Your smart to not use a tampon because you cant use those when your pregnant in the first place. I bled in early pregnancy for weeks... however I went through like 3 pads for the whole day. I would suggest you contact your doctor because bleeding THAT much can be very dangerous to you plus it sounds like it could be a miscarriage. You might actually want to go to the hospital. I hope everything turns out okay.
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
It doesn't sound very normal, it sounds like an early miscarriage. Call your Dr. If ou soak more than 1 pad an hour they say go to the ER...
Blank
Hi, sounds like you might have a subchorionic hematoma. Basically a pool of blood that has formed on your uterine wall usually due to a ruptured blood vessel. You should see a doctor ASAP. I have one and "gushed" blood at 12 weeks and passed clots etc.The bleeding was very heavy and worse than any period.  I still have the hematoma at 17 weeks although it has gotten smaller and the bleeding is less. They can cause miscarriages, depending on size and location and how for along you are. Let me know how things work out.  I hope everything will be okay,
Blank
Ok that sounds very not healthy. Im sorry about that. Did u have a miscarriage or anything? The heavy bleeding has ceased, but im still spotting and its like a bright pinkish discharge. I have a doctor appt next week, because they cant get me in any sooner, I dont know what to do, like if i should go to the er, or what??? any ideas
Blank
127124_tn?1326739035
I can't believe you were bleeding that heavy (3 pads in 2 hours) and your Dr didn't get you in or send you to the ER.  That is not normal and needs to be checked.  
Blank
126702_tn?1240891850
You  need to go to the er. Its not worth putting your health in danger.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...