Maternal & Child Community
Possibility of pregnancy after tubal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Possibility of pregnancy after tubal

I had a tubal, the band in approx 2001. I had not had sex for over a year now and a few weeks ago my new boyfriend and i spent a weekend together and he had not had sex in a year and a half. So pretty much you know what we did the entire weekend.. Now i'm feeling sickness, and no energy, and very moody i think it is to soon for a pregnancy test but could it be possible that i am pregnant?? I would love it if i was.. I have two other children ages 17 and 14 never thought i'd want anymore but since meeting the new man in my life it would be a blessing because i can not afford to have a reversal... Any input would be greatly appreciated...
Hi!
Pregnancy after tubal ligation/tubal clipping/tubal burning is rare, less than 1-2 percent cases. Also the chances of pregnancy are highest in first few months and reduce with time. After almost 10-11 years of the procedure, chances of pregnancy are less.
However, if you have missed your periods, the first thing to test for is pregnancy. If this is negative then other causes of delayed or missed periods will have to be looked at such as ectopics (can give negative urine/HCG tests, and is common after tubal burning/clipping), stress whether emotional or physical, hypothyroidism, polycystic disease of the ovary, pituitary tumors secreting prolactin, anemia and poor diet, hormonal imbalance, unexplained or sudden weight gain or weight loss. A change in routine like you had can also delay periods. You will need to consult a gynecologist for this. Take care!