Possible to be pregnant after having intercourse a day before ovulation?
My question just is if you can get pregnant from having sex a day BEFORE your set day of ovulation?
Yes, that is called your FERTILE WINDOW. The sperm can live up inside for days after BD. If you have good cervical fluid.
Oh! Ok thank you very much.
It's one of the ways people try for a girl.  The sperms that will give you a girl are slower swimmers but longer-lasting than the ones that will give you a boy (faster, pushier and die young.)  Some research has even suggested that, in general, timing sex for just before ovulation works better for producing a baby than at ovulation or just after ovulation.
Actually, to have a girl you have sex 2-4 days before ovulation and for a boy it's the day before or the day of ovulation.  It's called the Shettles method and that how we got a boy with this pregnancy, BD the day before and day of.  But you are correct on the type of sperm that make a girl baby being slower and all.  :)
We had sex two days before and the day before I ovulated this month and I have my first symptoms ever. I think I read in a book somewhere that if you want to have a girl you should have sex 3 to 5 days before ovulation and then abstain, and for a boy have sex as close to ovulation as possible. I've been useing an ovulation kit now for three months just because we kept missing the mark all together. It was great to know when, however, a bummer when the first two months he ended up being out of town on those days, this month "I got him"! :) So I'll know in a few days.
Ah, ateague, I see the timing on the original question.  Thanks!

YES it's possible to get pregnant even if the guy pulls out.  There are secretions all throughout the uh...uh...shall we call it "activity," not just in the big blast at the finale.  And all of those are perfectly capable of having sperm in them.

It doesn't really matter but she said she had sex the day before ovulation and you told her that's the way to have a girl when actually it's the way to have a boy (according ot the Shettles Method).  Sorry, that's all I meant, I didn't really mean anything by the numbers, only the timing portion of your response.  :)
Good luck to MsHopefull, and i just realized that my "window" was from the 26th-30th and i ovulated on the 29th and i had sex on the 29th---> hopefully this will be it and i'll be pregnant.

=]

(True or false.. its also possible to get pregnant even if the gut pulls out?)
Thanks for the correction, but I think you might have meant it for the poster after my post.  (I didn't give any numbers.)
I'm sorry you got your AF.  It can be disappointing going month to month without getting that BFP.  If you've been actually trying for 3 years unsuccessfully, maybe you should go see a specialist.  But, from reading what happened this month, your chances would've been higher if you had BD 2-3 days before your ovulation instead of the day of your ovulation.  Your problem might just be timing.  Are you using OPKs or BBT at all?  It might help if you do so.  Just a couple of thoughts to think about.  Good luck next month!
I think I got the window right for the first time to get pregnant, but today after 2 weeks of having my first ever pregnacy symtoms,I'm afraid I lost it.  I woke up with fever, sharp pain on my side and a full fleged period and my breast no longer hurt.  I stayed in bed all day.  I'd been spotting for 5 days and the doctor said it was too early on for them to do anything. My husband is pretty let down too.  I'm just well, I don't know what I feel..mad..sad..wondering if I'll ever be a mom because I'm 36, been trying for almost 3 years.  It is hard to come closer than you ever have and then this...
Thanks for your support, it has been a tough few days thinking I was pregnant and now not.  We went off the pill when I was 33.  We tried for 2 and half years and at 35 my OBGYN said ok, you need to go to the Fertility specialist.  He found over a dozen fibroids on my uterus and took them out on my 36th birthday this past December.  Some as big as an orange were blocking my tubes.  He says now I should be able to get pregnant in the next few months. I started using OPK's and plan to get me a BBT. The hard thing is my husband is a Bass Fisherman and stays away up to a week at a time each month.  The first three months afer surgery when I was ovulating, he just happened to be two states away.  The good thing is, he is now on a break from the long distance trail till June.  So part of it for us, is timing and learning how to use the products out there to help.  Wish me luck for another try this month.
hi

i had unprotected sex with my partner after starting the pill on that day.
i have a 28 day cycle and i would have had unprotected sex on day 12 and 13 of my cycle.

what are the chnaces i am pregnant? ???
ow long can i wait before i check to see if i am?

iI am in day 16 now of this cycle just wondering how probable it is that i am?

when will is see sympotoms if i am?
i had intercorse last night and today is my day of ovulation what are my chanes of being pg ??
I had sex a day before i ovulated...3 days ago and now i have lower back pains...???
My fiancé and I have been TTC for about four months now. I have sex before I ovulate but nothing yet... I hate getting BFGs because we want to have a little miracle in my arms to call my own. I went to my doctor and told him I wanted to become pregnant and he recommended I take 400 micrograms of folic acid daily(vitamins and nutrients are critical for child development and it doesn't hurt to take them before your pregnant to make sure you have a healthy, beautiful baby). The missionary position allows the deepest penetration, with that said, it increases your chances of becoming pregnant. Also, try to lay low after sex or put a pillow under you to elevate your hips. This allows the sperm to flow into your ovaries without the risk of you losing the sperm if you get up right away. I want a baby, but I'm not going to buy thermometers, ovulation kits, and fertility predictor stuff(seems a little too extreme if you ask me). I want to be a mom so bad, I just hope one day my prayers will be answered. With God, nothing is impossible...
Pls help I so want to be pregnant so much I'm 33 and my last period was on the 28th Jan 2013 until the 31st Jan I have done my calculations and I'm suppose to fertile between the 7th and the 11th Feb  and ovulate 9th and 10th feb I did LHs ovulation test and was positive yesterday and today which is the 9th and 10th feb we had sex on 5,6,7,8,9th and today 10th have been having cramps since yesterday the 9th and still got them today what's the chance of me being pregnant pls can any one help many thanks :-)
hi,im 37 and have a 10yr old,im new to this app,had sex on 30th jan and it says my window is from 4th feb,also had cin 1 3yrs ago,been trying for a baby for a year,people are tellin me im too old :(,any advice greatly accepted x mand
Take Agnus castus!!!  I have a 14 year old and never fell pregnant again due to high prolactinaemia.  I started taking AC on first da of cycle and fell pregnant that cycle.  Unfortunately I MC, maybe I was just not ready.  Been back on it this month, fingers crossed.  Agnus Castus you can get from Holland and Barrett.  Good Luck!
I have been having unprotected sex for the past 3 days.today is the day before my ovulation starts.Are my chances of of getting pregnant  high?
Very good!specially if ur wanting a girl.sperm can live in ur uterus for up to 5 days,so have sex for the next week!good luck!