Maternal & Child Community
Possibly Crazy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Possibly Crazy

I have a special situation.  It is kinda long and complicated.  So, I went on Implanon 6 months after my 4th was born and had it for 18 months.  It was good at first then I started bleeding randomly and got really really angry at everything.  So I had it removed.  I was to start the Nuva Ring imediatly but didnt.  Partly bc I was enjoying feeling normal again and partly because I didnt know about the need to use protection 7 days before you have it removed and I wasnt sure if I could have fallen pregnant.  So, I waited about a week then I on a whim went to visit my husband while he away with the Navy.  We used the spermicidal films but I dont how good those work.  My friend randomly popped up on FB and asked if I was pregnant.  That was wierd but since she some how just knew when I was pregnant with the youngest she advised that I take the Nuva Ring out (this was a week after seeing my husband).  So I did. 3 days later I had withdrawl (withdrawal) bleeding.  The day it started hubby came home and we bd'ed.  I put the ring back in.  Bled for 3 days then took it out about 2 days later.  During the time we bd'ed twice while bleeding and once after, and after I took it out.  I am pretty sure I o'ed during that week ( I think about a day or two after removing the ring).  So that would make me 3 or 4 dpo today.  I have not really noticed any symptoms other than being EXTREAMLY gassy the past two days.  Also, I have been spotting since the day I belived I o'd.  Mostly brown but some red (darkish).  I dont really know what to make of that.  So I guess the questions are what do you think the chances of my being preggers is and why am I spotting?

Thanks for any advice.  I know this is a bit crazy, or maybe its me thats crazy, but this is all crazy none the less ;)  
Tags: 3dpo, 4dpo, nuva ring, bloating gassy, spotting