Post partum bleeding/Open Forum
It has been one week since I had my baby and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long I should expect to bleed?  I change my pad every 2-3 hours or so and there is always something on it (like a moderate period)  Is this normal?  I can't remember if any nurses or doctors told me how long this would last.  Is bright red blood OK?  I do have a lot of stitches and hemmrhoids so I don't know if that makes any difference.  My stitches should be almost healed.  They told me a week or two before they would dissolve.  I haven't had the courage to look for myself.  :)

Anyway, just wondering if bleeding is normal and how long it should last.  Thanks!!

Amy
Congrats on the Baby!!!!
After I had my son (C-Section) I only bled for about a week, and yes it was pretty red.
Congrats again and good luck.
Congrats on you baby. Do not worry. Your bleeding may take a while. As long as you are not cramping and bleeding extremely heavy it is ok. I think I bled for about 10 days and then my AF disappeared for 9 months! The body is just dealing with all the trauma it went through a week ago and it will take a while to get it all back together. Enjoy your baby!!!
Good morning! Congratulations with the new baby!!!!!!  Does anyone know of a oain in yoiur belly button??
Hi Amy,
Yes, bright red blood is completely normal.  I bled for almost 6 weeks.  

It may seem like you're going to stop and then you'll probably start up again.  If you do a lot of fluctuation like that you might be trying to be too active too soon.  Take lots of time to rest and don't push yourself too soon.  

Good luck!
Hi amy
As far the bleeding goes your guess may be as good as ours:) W/ my son I never had alot of bleeding not even the first time I stood up after having him. However I did bleed for 10weeks I never went a full 24 hours w/ no blood, but it was never heavy just very annoying:) I was even breastfeeding the whole time. I think my situation was one in a mill. I've never heard anyone do the way I did, but the DR just blamed it on hormones & I had a wonderful CB experience so I figured if this is the worst I'll make it:) Also I knew a woman that had 10 kids (all her own) & she said she always bled longer w/ her girls than the boys. I think the general rule of thumb is 4-6weekds BEST WISHES LOVE & PRAYERS TO YOUR NEW FAMILY
I bled for almost 6 weeks. I think that's pretty normal with a vaginal delivery (3-6 weeks). Congrats again on your DD!
I bleed for about four weeks.  It stopped for about a day and then AF showed up for another 5 days.  Congrat's on your little girl.
I don't know about the pain in the belly button, but was wondering if your spotting stopped.  I just wanted to let you know that I had 3 episodes of red blood bleeding during my pg.  I am now 10w1d and have not had red blood in a couple of weeks and my baby looks very healthy on u/s with a good, strong hb.  Bleeding doesn't always mean something is wrong.  Just watch out that it doesn't get heavy and start passing clots.  Either way, give your dr. a call if you haven't already.  Most dr.s will do an u/s to check on the baby and to see if the bleeding is coming from around the sac or not.  Good luck.
The spotting has stopped. There was one and a half days of actual bleeding so we'll see today I am testing again.