Aa
A
A
Close
Post-partum hip and sacro-iliac pain and leg tingling during breast-feeding
Hi. I had my baby 2 and a 1/2 months ago. I had a normal vaginal delivery. During the last 3-4 weeks of my pregnancy, i had severe pain in my right sacro iliac and hip joint. I had to limp while walking and could hardly turn over in bed. I have a moderate degree of scoliosis since i was a teenager. Even now, if i walk a lot or stand for a long time, i feel pain in my right hip and groin. I am 5 feet tall and my pre-pregnancy weight was 100 pounds. During my delivery i weighed 140 pounds. I now weigh 130 pounds, but that's been the same since 1 1/2 month. Did i put on excessive weight? I am breastfeeding my baby exclusively. When i feed her, i feel a tingling sensation in the leg on the side i am breast-feeding. Do u think it's normal?

Please do reply as soon as u can
Mrs. Worried :(
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I would say that your spine is pressing on the nerves that go down your legs. When you bf, you tend (or I did) to lean to that side,and your shoulders are up a bit. You should let your dr know and try massotherapy. I love my chiropractor, but I don't have scoliosis.Hope you feel better real soon and congrats on the baby and bf!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Post-partum hip and sacro-iliac pain and leg tingling during breast-feeding
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources