Post-partum hip and sacro-iliac pain and leg tingling during breast-feeding
Hi. I had my baby 2 and a 1/2 months ago. I had a normal vaginal delivery. During the last 3-4 weeks of my pregnancy, i had severe pain in my right sacro iliac and hip joint. I had to limp while walking and could hardly turn over in bed. I have a moderate degree of scoliosis since i was a teenager. Even now, if i walk a lot or stand for a long time, i feel pain in my right hip and groin. I am 5 feet tall and my pre-pregnancy weight was 100 pounds. During my delivery i weighed 140 pounds. I now weigh 130 pounds, but that's been the same since 1 1/2 month. Did i put on excessive weight? I am breastfeeding my baby exclusively. When i feed her, i feel a tingling sensation in the leg on the side i am breast-feeding. Do u think it's normal?

Please do reply as soon as u can
Mrs. Worried :(
I would say that your spine is pressing on the nerves that go down your legs. When you bf, you tend (or I did) to lean to that side,and your shoulders are up a bit. You should let your dr know and try massotherapy. I love my chiropractor, but I don't have scoliosis.Hope you feel better real soon and congrats on the baby and bf!