Maternal & Child Community
Postpartum depression/anxiety
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Postpartum depression/anxiety

I have an 8 month old daughter and last weekend I had a major panic attack and dibilitating anxiety. I literally thought I was losing my mind. I went to the doctor and she told me it was more than likely postpartum depression but I have more of the anxiety symptoms. I was put on klonopin and 10mg of Celexa. I feel better but still not myself. It has just been a struggle trying to take care of her and deal with this. Is anyone else going through this or has been through it. I just want to feel like myself again.

Thanks!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1984870_tn?1326511576
Not to worry i went through this with my 1st child just take it easy if you have a support group make sure you also let them know communication is key! Mainly if you cant deal with the baby its not bad i did not want to be around anyone i would always cry for no reason i think best what worked with me was having an understanding support group hope this helps. Good Luck:)
Blank
i am going through this same thing, i gave birth to my 2nd son 5 weeks ago (they are 12 months apart)...started feeling short of breath, dizziness, left arm and jaw pain etc etc...went to the er numerous times, had everything under the sun checked, everything came out clear........but i cant seem to get rid of these panic attacks. i am on lorazepam and am going to start seeing a psych/therapist. did you?! did this help?! has it ended for you yet?! i feel like this will never end!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank