Maternal & Child Community
Postpartum hot flashes--when do you get your brain back???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Postpartum hot flashes--when do you get your brain back???

I had a C-Section on 9/21.  DD only gets up once in the night now usually around 4am (I am not breastfeeding).  The problem...once I am woken up, I find myself soaking wet with sweat.  Is this a side effect post partum?  It is so bad that it takes me more than an hour to fall back to sleep as I get so hot and thirsty.  I am 34 and believe it not to be early stages of menopause LOL!

Another thing....my brain is shot!  I am wondering when will I regain my short term memory back?  Everyone tells me I have fallen off my rocker (always repeat myself, etc) I plan to go back to school this spring to finish and am not sure will my brain be able to handle the studying and will I be able to retain anything?  I LOOOVVVEE my baby but really am dying to get myself back again.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It's just the hormones, totally normal.  I can't remember when it got better for me with my son, but I know they should warn you about these things!  My little guy was colicky and I was so sleep deprived I assumed the brain thing was from lack of sleep, but I believe the hormones get ya too.  Hope it passes soon, just mention it to your Dr.,see of there's any advice they can give you.  Congrats on your baby!
Blank
I had the sweats after my c-section for a month or so.  I would get especially sweaty whenever my DD breastfed, in the beginning.  I cried a lot too.  Over ANYTHING.  It's been 6 years, and I think I'm okay now.  I still have a bad memory though. :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank