Postpartum hot flashes--when do you get your brain back???
I had a C-Section on 9/21.  DD only gets up once in the night now usually around 4am (I am not breastfeeding).  The problem...once I am woken up, I find myself soaking wet with sweat.  Is this a side effect post partum?  It is so bad that it takes me more than an hour to fall back to sleep as I get so hot and thirsty.  I am 34 and believe it not to be early stages of menopause LOL!

Another thing....my brain is shot!  I am wondering when will I regain my short term memory back?  Everyone tells me I have fallen off my rocker (always repeat myself, etc) I plan to go back to school this spring to finish and am not sure will my brain be able to handle the studying and will I be able to retain anything?  I LOOOVVVEE my baby but really am dying to get myself back again.
It's just the hormones, totally normal.  I can't remember when it got better for me with my son, but I know they should warn you about these things!  My little guy was colicky and I was so sleep deprived I assumed the brain thing was from lack of sleep, but I believe the hormones get ya too.  Hope it passes soon, just mention it to your Dr.,see of there's any advice they can give you.  Congrats on your baby!
I had the sweats after my c-section for a month or so.  I would get especially sweaty whenever my DD breastfed, in the beginning.  I cried a lot too.  Over ANYTHING.  It's been 6 years, and I think I'm okay now.  I still have a bad memory though. :)