Preemie baby
My baby was born at 30 weeks and she is still in NICU. The doctor just called and stated she has to have a blood transfusion because she is anemic. I would like to get advice from other parents thats been through this same thing,
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I am sorry to hear about your baby. The preterm babies often have problems—anemia, hormonal, infection, feeding issues, breathing issues etc. However, a 30 week baby usually survives all odds and is a great fighter. The cause of anemia could be preterm. However, other causes will need to be looked into. Blood transfusion will help overcome the anemia for now, and help your baby be strong and fight infection. Discuss with the specialist taking care of him. Take care!

I have a friend that had her son when she was 25weeks 2 days along and he has had to have a few transfusions as well. Sometimes he needs one just for the fact that they were taking blood from him to do tests. They are so small, so a small amount of blood loss can really affect them.
Hope your baby can come home soon!