Pregancy after Ablation
Hi all, I have been reading a lot here but most questions and answers seem to be dated.  Im 43 years old and I had ablation 2 1/2 years ago.  It lightened my periods considerably but I still have them.  At the time I had the ablation done, I was divorced and not planning any more children.  I have since met and married a wonderful man and we would like to have a baby.  Everything I've read is so discouraging.  Im guessing my age alone will keep me from conceiving but adding having had ablation to the mix makes it look impossible.

If I can't have a baby we are going to look into adoption.  What is the process to find out if it's possible for me to get pregnant?  What tests should I have done first to see if I can?  Any help would be great.  Also, I'd love to hear stories from women who are in my situation and their experiences.

Thanks!!!
Go see a reproductive endocrinologist, your ob-gyn can give you a referral.  The first question is obviously how much of your endometrium is left, and he or she will be able to test this by ultrasound or even by doing a 'mock cycle' to see how you react to hormones.  He or she might want to take a look by camera inside your uterus also.  In the meantime you'll probably go through something to assess your number of remaining eggs or how well you ovulate, I am just guessing.  Anyway, see an RE and take his or her advice.  Don't try to get pregnant if your uterine lining is inadequate, it is very dangerous.
I have no exprience with this but I would definitely go talk to your OB/GYN before hand. My concern would be that if you did conceive that there wouldn't be enough linning for the embryo to securely implant.
mhv
I don't know where you live, but there is a doctor in California that specializes in scar tissue in the uterus.  His name is dr. Charles march.  He is an amazing doctor, and if you are interested I can private message you his email address.  He will answer your email for free, and let you know if he thinks you can do anything to reverse your ablation.   I actually saw him for scar tissue, and after being told by 2 different docs that I needed a surrogant, carried twins to 36 weeks.  You do have age against you, but there is always the option of donor eggs or donor embryos if you can reverse your ablation and get some healthy endometrium growing and are not successful using your own eggs :)