Maternal & Child Community
Pregnacy while your tubes are tied

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnacy while your tubes are tied

Hello my name is nkenge me and husband have been togethe for 15 teen years.Well 9 years ago had tubed tied the pomroy method.Worse mistake in my life.And wanted to know is there any one out there ever became pregnate while there tubes were tied.Right we are praying for a finacial blessing so we can have a tubal reversal.But if any one have any info please let me know thank you.
Of course there have been women who become pregnant after a tubal ligation....there is a slim failure rate associated with all such procedures, regardless of the method.
However, it is not likely to happen on its own, especially after all this time.  

I wish you luck raising the funds for a reversal.  
I personally know two people who have become pregnant with their tubes tied...
Myself have become pregnant with dh had a vasectomy So it does happen  But I think the odds(so my doctor said are rare)
how did you do..someone told me to have sex around the end of your period...is that true? can u still ovulate when your tubes are tied? im 30 yrs of age and i got my tubes tied 3-07...now i hate that i did it i want more kids....
Hi!

Usually women (in many cases) ovulate 14 days after they started their periods. Sperm can live in you up to 6 days.

Having your tubes tied, clipped, burned does not stop you from ovulating, you still ovulate, you just had the "road" to your uterus blocked...that's all.

Having many intercourse at specific times does not make your chances of getting pregnant higher once you had your tubes tide...what you need is either have it reversed or pray for a miracle that your tubes will grow back together...it happens.
i have 2 kids and i am 24 about to be 25. i have had my tubes tied and burned. but now i have been having bad pains in my overy area and i have been late with my peirod it and the only time that it has happend was when i was preg. so i went and got a preg. test and it came out positive. i want to know is it posiable to really be preg. and what should i do.
hi i'm 40 yr old...my last child is 18yr 5 in total. i had my tube  tied cut and burn after his birth in 1994... its 2012.i thought my period was coming because i started spotting then it went away.....i'm not trying to get pregnant and i'm never late......i'm so scared to take a test.....getting pregnant is the last thing on my mind.
Could I be pregnant after a tubal almost 8 years ago just had a missed period abd neg hpt from the dollar store a little skeptical
I had a tubal done after I had my daughter 4 months ago and now I am 9 days late and before this my last two periods were normal.. I am feeling nauseous and my breasts are tender. We were not being safe as I had my tubes tied! But now that I feel the way I do I am concerned and now I have found out that it is possible! But it is possible to happen that soon after?  
I was 4 days late and it came for 3 days and stopped my boobs itch All I want to do is sleep n I was 255 pounds now I am 234 pounds and I don't really eat but my bully still grows like getting bigger and I need to know what to do