Maternal & Child Community
Pregnancy after Tubaligation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnancy after Tubaligation

I had a tubaligation 10 years ago.  I was reading through some of the posted messages..It is mentioned that their tubes were cut and burned.  My procedure was done only with rubber bands closing off the falopian tube.  what are the more possibilities of me getting pregnant?  And will it be the same outcome of a tubal pregnancy?
Of course there is always reversal.
Heck I know two ladies in their mid 40's who had there tubes tied and still got pregnant.
Myself got pregnant while dh had a vasectomy (which is suppose to be better than having the tubes tied)
ANYTHING is possible!!
I now have my tubes tied to..so hoping that helps us out!
I have a friend who had a Tubaligation after she had two children as a single parent.  She later married a man without children and they decided to have a baby.  She had to have surgery to reverse the procedure.  They tried for a few months and became pregnant with a baby boy.  Approximately, two months after his birth, she became pregnant again.  He too is a boy.  Good luck to you!!!!!!
my SIL is feeling the same way. She is 37 and had my nephew July 13 and she had a horrible prgnancy. She also has problems with her heart ( a heart attack at 30) and takes stuff for colesterol and such, you know all the meds that are bad for preg. so she had to stop taking them. So when she had Ian they decided to have the Tubal done because of her health and now she wants another baby. I am going to tell you what I told her....no matter what you have had done if God wants you to have another baby he will give one to you.
I had a tubal pregnancy after having a tubal ligation.  The doctor showed me pictures during surgery of the pregnancy stuck in the tube, right above a metal band on my tube.  There was an opening big enough for a sperm to get through...but not big enough for the fertilized egg to pass.  I can't say for sure what your chances are, but if you only have the band, I would say they're definately higher than of those who had their tubes cut and burned.  If you are very concerned, talk to your doctor about this.  If you want children, get the bands removed.  If not then perhaps you should get an upgraded ligation.
my name is anna i had a tubaligation 10 years ago after my last son.i have become pregnat thank the lord up above that it wasnt a tubal.my baby is fine my due date is jan.1,2008 and its a baby boy.the only thing i have to say that this my mircle baby.
owww wow, a new years baby....congrats!
I HAD A TUBEIGATION 10 YEARS  AGO CAN I HAVE A BABY WITH OUT REVERSAL
i had a tubaligation 3 yrs ago. i want to do a reversal but- i recall my dr.saying it was non-reversal. can anyone provide any information?
I had a a Tubaligation almost 2 years ago and now I have had a period in 1 1/2 months. Is it possible that I might be pergant? And does anyone know what's the chances of having a normal baby.
I have two boys 12 and 7, I had a tubal ligation 6 weeks after second son was born.  I am divorced and my now boyfriend has a daughter from previous marriage, he had a vasectomy after she was born.
My periods have always been like clockwork except when I was pregnant, I am 15 days late and have taken 2 home pregnancy tests, and one at the GYN when I was 9 days late, they were all negative. I know anything is possable but the neg tests have got me aprehensive...With my youngest son my test was positive on the day I was to start!    
i had my tubes tied about 6 years ago and in the same situation new man has no kids really wants some of his own but the reversal is way out of our buget so what are the chances of it just happening on its own. mine was done with a clamp don't know if it is metal or a rubber band but i thought they just used heat to clamp them together .anyone got any advise
I have a rubberband around my tubes for 1 year now.My sister had her tubes done 1 year before me and she has been pregnant 3 times since then.I hope that one day GOD gives me the chance to be a mother again.I think it depends on who you are and what your body wants to do.What are the odd's of haveing a tubal pregancy and the baby surviving?I hope that all you woman get the change to be a mother again,I know how it is being unable to afford the reversal and just hopeing that you might get pregnant soon.GOD Bless to all...
Sorry it has been 5 years sincce i have had my rubberband and 6 years for my sister
its been 15 yr that i had my tubes cut and burn a yr ago i had them connected. i was told that my tubes were short and it mite take some time to get peg. i pray every day that god will bless me with a baby. i cry every time i start my monthly. but i wont let anothing  bring me down or let any dr tell me other wise. cause i have faith in god. so for any one who is in the same sitution dont give up belive that ur dreams will come ture.  ill will pray for the ones who have the story as me.
I have been involved with 2 women who got pregnant. 1 had an abortion, another claims she had a miscarriage and had a nervous breakdown. I suspect she also had an abortion. I'm in love with someone now who had a tubaligation and she believes shes feeling all the pregnancy symptoms. I hope with all of my heart and soul that we can start a family together, however I dont know what the complications or possibilities are. Is it really possible, what are the percentages, will sher be safe, will the baby be safe. I'm praying that it happens. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!
I have had a tubal ligation 10 years ago.  I am to wed my 48 year old beloved on May 3. I am 38 years of age.  I pray to God he will give me a miracle pregnancy of a little boy for a wedding present.  I pray this in the name of Jesus and through the intercession of St. Vincent Ferrer.  
HI I'M A MOTHER 31 YEAR OLD MOTHER OF 6". MY OLDERST IS 15 AN MY YOUNGEST IS A SET OF TWINS AGE 6, I HAD MY TUBE TIDE,RIGHT AFTER THERE BIRTH,THE SAME DAY.NOW THAT THERE GETTING OLDER ME AN MY HUSBAND WANTS MORE WE ALWAY PRAYED TO HAVE THIRDTEEN,BUT AFTER THE TWINS I GOT SCARED,BUT WITH AN THE GRACE OF GOD I THINK IT WILL SOME DAY HAPPEN.WE WANT TO HAVE MY TUBE REVISE,SO WERE'RE JUST GOING TO COUNT. TO PRAY ON IT.
I am a 35 years old, and a mother of three. I had a tubaligation 9 years ago. My finacee and I really wants to have a child together but I didn't know it could be possible because my tubes were lasered and I was told I could never have another child. Due to hard times back then I thought my decision was final. If there is a way to reverse them I would do whatever it takes to give my  future husband a baby.
I HAD A TUBALIGATION  CUT AND BURN  AND I WAS JUST TOLD THAT  I AM  HAVEING  A BABY  I AM   4 WEEKS  THEY  TOLD ME EVERYTHING  LOOKS GOOD  I AM SO HAPPY  AND  SO IS MY HUSDAND SO DO NOT GIVE UP
I am 23 and have 2 little boys that I absolutely adore, they are 20 months apart. While I was pregnant with my second son it was really hard, I was newly married and was getting ready to have 2 babies in less than 2 years. I was overwhelmed, so we decided that we needed something other than the birth control we were using b.c it wasn't working. I was VERY undecided while signing the papers tearing up, but I was reassured that 2 was enough. I completely REGRET my decision, I pray every day that I can have the chance to have a little girl. I love my boys, I just always wanted both boys and girls. All I can do is pray and if God sees fit than he will make it happen if not then maybe I'll have granddaughters. It is good to hear that it is possible after the cut and burn surgery though.
I am 36 years old. I had a tubaligation(cut/burn procedure) about 5 years ago. I have met a wonderful man and we have been together almost a year. We would like to have a baby together. We are trying to get all the info./experiences from some of you that have been through what I am going through NOW. I know that there is hope for us through God! Please leave you comments and experiences with me! Thanks in advance!
I had my tubes tied and burned in 97 and in 2000 I went to the OB to see why I was feeling like this and he thought I was depressed and sent me to an IVF doctor. The only proble is in 2001, I lost twins and almost my life. When I told the OB that I was pregnant he laughed at me. I had to go to another doctor and get the test done which was positive. I lost one by miscarriage but the other was in my tube which was explained to me the tube must have unwrapped causing a small hole and because the burn was also in the back I would have to have a DNC. Before I could get a DNC I passed out, went to the hospital that would not listen to me. I bleed internally for 16 hours before an OB would come in because no one believed I was pregnant because my history in my files. If you are planning to get your tubes tied I do not recommend you having them burned this way if they unwrap you have a chance of the sperm making it all the way in. Good luck to all.
I am 42 yrs old. I have a tubaligation 15 yrs ago. I want to know what are my possiblity of having a reversal tubaligation surgery and getting pregnat?
I had my first babygirl on June 8, 2008. We knew she would have some defects. What we werent prepared for was the doctors rush to tye my tubes. while I was laying on the table, after my c-section, We noticed that our daughter was far worse off than they had said and we asked them several times was she going to be ok? and they simply replied- she will be fine, now lets get these tubes tied. After getting several " she will be fines" we agreed to have them tied, we do have 4 boys, so this made our family complete... or so we thought... I signed the agreement after the proceudre while i was still numb from the spinal... I had my babygirl for 9 days .. then we had to let her go..June 17, 2008. I feel robbed, cheated, and misled. I would never have had them tied if they didn't reassure me that our baby would be fine. I miss her so dearly and I know that a new baby can never replace her .... but now I can't even make the decision to have another because my "tubes" were stolen from me.... anyone know if a reversal will work and where to look?
I had my tubes cut and tied after my third child. She is now 5 years old. I am in the process of filing for a divorce from my husband of 12 years. If I am ever blessed to re-marry I want to give my new husband a son or daughter of his own. Can I have a tubal reversal?
I had my first daughter when i was 20 yrs old but during her pregnancy I had a scare and I was put in bed rest. I got pregnant after I had her when I was 19 1/2 weeks I had a misscarriage. So after that I was devastated I waited a while but was on birth control and got pregnant I was able to carry on with the pregnancy but was put on bed rest. I had my daughter then after a few months I got pregnant and had a misscarriage at 3 months the doctors said it was a tubal pregnancy so I waited and got pregnant was also put on bed rest and had my son. I figured I had gone through alot so I wanted to get my tubes tied I didnt want to put my family through another misscarriage. after 3 years of the operation I am late on my period. I Dont know what is going on. Could I be pregnant? Let me know what you think.
I am 39 years old I had my tudes cut and burned? 8 years ago when my son was born. I thought I had no choice. I was in a relationship bound for hell and I didn't want to bring another child into the mess. Needless to say that is over and now I'm with a man who wants me to have his child and God knows I want to with all my heart! I had been alone for so many years never even trying making sure I was protected "anyway" condom use always. But now here I am feeling the longing to carry a child again. It's been here for a very long time and I hate the day I signed the papers. This is the first month we have gone with out other protection my auntie Flo is usually on time I have about a week left to see what happens. If all of you whose heart is like mine will pray for us I will be praying for you all as well. What is the success rate of reversal for cliped and burned reversal?
I'm 32 married to a wonderful man with four greats kids (16g,11b,9b,and8g). I had my tube tied cut and burned (i believe but unsure) after my youngest. We only did it with a lot of pressure from family, I never really wanted it. Know I have all the symtoms (symptoms) of being pregant could it really be possible. I would love it and be a mom again. Or could it be that my sister is pregant and I want to be sooooooo bad. I pray every night that I am but I don't know what to do. If anyone has any thing that might help.
I had my tubes cut and burned 3yr almost 4 yrs ago. I do desire to have another baby. I have been feel a slight pulling in my abdomin (abdomen) area on one side. I called ask a nurse and she told me there is a slight chance of being pregnant. I am bugging out I took a urine pregnancy test last monthy and it came back neg. I have been having craving for thing. But i wonder is that My mind playing games on me. I wont be upset if I am but going to the doctor explaining this makes me look silly. I read that a lady had her tubes tied and burn 3yrs ago and had a healthy baby. To god be the glory if he desires for me to bring forth another seed I will be a willing vessel. Just trying to get some support from other women.
i am 38 yrs.old. and got pregnant when i was 15. and that was in the tube. i never got pregnant again (  thought) in  2001 i had surgery to hav e fibroids removed, after going to my 6 wks check up. the doctor told me that there was no need of even trying.i cried and cried and became severely depressed and still have no children. what do you ( anyone) think i should do? because i would love to have at least two
i am a 38 year old , i had 3 kids . 2 from my first marriage, 1 from second marriage both relationships ended in abuse. I finally  got out.
After my third child with the pressure form the family they made me get my tubes tide that happen in 2000. With some bad situations gone wrong. and now I am in a relationship with a man he is 35, he wants more kids and I want to have more kids, but I don't know if we can afford a reversal. I heard that people can get pregnant what is my possibilities.
I am 32 yrs old .I have 2 beautiful kids (1b&1g) .My youngest is almost 4yrs. old.At the time we thought that 2 kids 1of each was enough,so the day after i had my daughter i had a tubaligation done. ( just tied ,i believe) I often regret that decision . Anyway ...is it possible to get pregnant after such a short time after tubaligation was done & to carry a healthy baby?
I am very regular w/ my periods.I haven't had my period since October, then in November i spotted for 2 days & now December 2 still  NO period.My breast are very very sore.Although i have taken 2 home preg. test a few weeks ago,they were negative.Could I still be pregnant?I have doctors appt. on Sat.I hope & pray !! God luck & God bless to all of you!! Please help anyone with advice! =)
I am 20yrs old and i have two beutiful blessings one is 2yrs and the other is two months old. I got my tubes CUT and Burned and know i keep regreting what i did. I signed the papers right after giving birth to my son Damian i had a really tuff pegnancy and at the time it was a good idea o so it seemed. Now that i look at my two children i pray to GOD to send me another blessing i feel so stupid for doing what i did. I have read some of this storys and they touch my heart i will pray for everyone who finds themselves in this situation. Remember that god if powerfull and prayer is too. Jesuse gave sight to the blind and he raised from the dead. So i belive god can bless us with more children dont lose HOPE.
Hi my name is Sabrina and I too had a tubaligation 14 years ago. The doctor placed a small clamp across the tube and told me that I would never have any more kids. Well I guess that God had other plans because I am sitting here 10 weeks pregnant with my fifth child.  
congrats to you!!!!
I had my tubes tied 3 years ago and I am wanting to get pregnant now..Will it happen I pray that the lord will let it..I hope it can happen with out reversal..If you know if it will please let me know.thank you..
I am 26 years old and I have a 6 year old daughter and a 4 year old son I have been truely blessed with my children...But after the birth of my son I had my Tubes CUT and Burned at that time i thought my marriage will last forever...I was so wrong...I now regret that decision..I have met a wonderful man who loves me and my children to death,,,the only thing is he dosen't have children of his own...when his nephew was born i saw the joy it brought to him and i broke down to cry becuase i want to give him a baby so bad now i can't... IVF is too expensive and tubal reversesal is only 3% guarantee that it'll work...Is there any hope i may still become pregnant?
I am 24 years old. I had my first daughter in 2005. I had my second daughter June 26, 2007. I had my tubes clamped after my second child. My 4 month old passed away from SIDS. Now I want to give my 3 year old a brother or sister and can't. I wonder what have I done. I feel so bad for my 3 year old who always asked about her sister. I know another baby would never replace her but, my daughter needs a bro. or sister. I am now a week late on my period. I have tender breasts and feeling sick. I pray to God I am pregnant. I always get my hopes up every month and then their shut done. Any thoughts abouty this?
I had a tubal pregnancy in 2000, The Dr's rushed me in for emergency surgery on Valentines Day. When all was said and done, the Dr said that they had to remove both of my tubes because they were not sure which tube I was pregnant in. I have two children 18 and 19. I am 39 years old and have finally met the man of my dreams. He wants a baby of his own because he has no children. How can I give him this baby, what are my options. I want for us to have our own miracle baby.
IVF is the only option you have.  You might try with your own eggs or with donor eggs.  It's very expensive, but at a good clinic you will have a good chance of success.
I AM 38 YEARS OLD WITH HEALTH PROBLEMS AND I HAD MY TUBES TIED AFTER I HAD OUR LAST CHILD 15 YEARS AGO. SINCE THEN I HAD TO HAVE A TUBE AND OVERY REMOVED SO MY CHANCES ARE EVEN SLIMMER OF GETTING PREGNANT. I HAVE NOT HAD A PERIOD IN 3 MONTHS NOW AND A HOME  TEST WAS POSATIVE. I JUST WONDER HOW ACCURATE THE TUBALIGATIONS REALLY ARE LONG TERM. MY HUSBAND AND I DONT KNOW YET WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO I AM A HEART AND LUNG PATIENT BUT WOW...THIS IS LIFE CHANGING!
Please join our new community, just press on the link below.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pregnancy-After-Tubal-Ligation-Surgery/show/599?camp=msc
I have had three children, my first daughter was from an x abusive boyfriend who stalked me for two years,and raped me after I was happily married.  I chose to have the baby, my husband at the time was sterile and I did not know it.  At first he welcomed the baby it was a way for him to be a father. He even gave her his last name and took good care of me and the prego.  He knew I always dreamed of a big family, Because many of my family members have died. When the baby began to look like my x, my husband became verbally hostile and resentful.  I left him and became a single parent for fear that he would resent the child in the end.  I don't regret having her, she has now made me a young grandma. When she was 4 I remarried and couldn't seem to get pregnant. My new husband had a low sperm count, but I prayed for two years and  miraculously got pregnant twice, two wonderful healthy boys. When the last boy was born it was during tragedy. My mom died of lung cancer the night before, and immediately I gave birth by C-section when my water broke the next morning.  I was devastated about my mom's death, and drugged up with meds to calm me down at the hospital and for pain, but my current husband did something terrible. He tricked me and told me I was only getting my tubes tied, not cut and burned.  He signed the papers for me and decieved me.  When the medication wore off, I read the paper work and realized what had taken place.  He took full advantage of my grogginess to make me sterile. 16 years into our marriage after that terrible trickery he did to me, he began to have an affair with my children's younger school teacher for six years.  I kicked him out when I found out and filed for divorce.  Now I am engaged to a man I am in love with, and that adores me, and we have often talked about having a baby. However, he  too has a low sperm count and my tubes have been cut and burned.  My fiance and I would love to have another baby.  I know it is possible, because, my daughter was told she could not have children, and she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl now 5 months old.  She fainted in church and it turned out to be a pregnancy. She didn't even know she was 3 months into the pregnancy.  I have been told by many preachers, prophets, and women that I  have met along the way,that have told me, it is possible.  One of the women had her tubes cut and burned and was 42 as she spoke to me with a brood of 4 babys in her belly!  So many people have told me that I would have "children" from my own loins once again.  I'm still a young 45 and everyone says I look like I am 35.  I am healthy, take no medications for anything at all and don't drink, smoke or do any kind of drugs, recreation, or prescription at all.  I know my tubes were stolen from me.  I know they were cut and burned, but I agree with the other lady on here.  If God wants someone to have a baby or many, it is and will be possible, I pray for all the women on here who want to have children.  Listen to this prophecy that God gave me of encouragement.  In prayer God told me that in these "last days" he was going to make up for all the aborted children in the world by having a "baby boom" in these "last days".  He said we would see an increase of children in older women, many multiple births, but especially women of faith would get blessed with children, and those that were barren would conceive, that nothing is impossible for God and for them that believe him.  Amen, I agree God bless you all.
SFC, P.S. Waiting on my miracle babys. I already have names picked out, that's faith for ya! God is an expert at giving us a "second wind" so don't be afraid to "fly" again! :)
could it be???????? i am almost 30 with 3 kids from prev husband. been with my guy now for 8 yrs and he really wants a child of his own but i had my tubes clamped 9 yrs ago.....i ask could it b because...i hav nausea, dizziness..slight pain on the right of my bellybutton, hotter then anyone else in the house, my breasts are sore but get that way with pms as well. along with these signs, i also had 2 dreams of being pregnant. and last night, heartburn which i havnt had since my youngest son....the only symptom i dont hav is a missed period. i am only 2 days late.....could it be!?????? pls help!
hi there,i got my tubes tide 9 years ago when my 3rd child was born,i pray and wish with all my hearth and soul that i will have another child with my boyfriend that ive been with for 4 years i get so drepressed and very sad when i see pregnant women out there i dont feel like a women anymore,i am 35 years old.and i was 25 years old when the doctors forced me to tie my tubes,they made me sign the papers,with all my 3 children i had c sections,thats why they made me do it i was so young and now at 35 im so sad becuase i want just one more i have faith in god i will get pregnant and have one more i want a girl now i already have 3 boys 9,11,and 13 i know god will do a miracle one day before im 40 till that happens im gonna be sad and deprressed every month,god bless you all always and forever if u believe anything is possible....
Hi I had a tubal in October 2008 and my period is not always regular I should be due today but there is no sign of it. I have sore boobs headaches cramping the wrks for 3 days already but nothing as of yet. I also pee a lot and my bladder or uterus feels full and when I do go to the bathroom I pee a lot or I don't pee at all but still geels full. Could I be pregnant? How long should I wait before I do a home pregnancy test? Thank you all for your time.  
I had my tubes burned?..I want another baby is it possible?..any reversal?..anything?
I'm 39. In 2 weeks it will be 7 years since my tubal, not sure if they were burnt and clip. In the past 2 weeks I've gotten a line down my stomach. Last month I had what was a light period, today I have very light spotting. I've taken several hot and they r all negative. I can hardly see anything on the tissue. What r the chances of pregnancy
Have anyone ever got pregnant after they tubes been burned and clipped or know of some one else
7 yrs ago 6~6~05 I got fix so I wonted have baby but now I want to have a baby I have a wonderful hubby n I want to have his kid I got fix in p.r n the pages I got r in spanish but my one friend tryed to see if she can look up the word on the page n she said my tubes was tied... :/ but its been 7 yrs that I got that tied :( n I been tryin to see if a become prego but nothing yet
My tubes are tied its been 10yrs now but I have been sick and I havent had a pierod in 3mths
Iam 32 and my tubes are tied but I feel sik to my tummy and my back hurts and my breast sre tender wat do u think its been 10yrs
Hi my name is trisha I had my tubes tide in 2008 of march21 I have bad pain n my chest in my lower back but what's really bothering me is I have missed my period n all I do is sleep n eat do u think I can be pregnant it is now 2012 September
I had my tubes tide 9 months ago and every since than I've be receive my periods till now i miss my period please tell me im not pregnant...