Maternal & Child Community
Pregnancy after having tubes tied?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnancy after having tubes tied?

I had my tubes tied almost four years ago. The past couple of weeks I have been vomiting,eating everything in site,tender breast,heartburn,constipation. I took 2 hpt and both were negative. I feel pregnant. Im not sure if that is from wanting to be or not.I had my period for 2 days then stopped. Now I feel like I am going to start again but nothing. Anyone have a clue as to what is going on because I sure dont. I want more than anything to be pregnant. I have 2 wonderful healthy children now I really would like to have a girl.
I just have a question. If you want another baby why are your tubes tied? You don't have to answer, but why don't you have them untied??
Good Luck either way and I hope you have good news!
well I had still born twins then had my oldest son then had 2 miscarriages then had my youngest son. I didnt think my body could go through any more. I want to have them untied but insurance wont pay for it.
it cost about $10,000 and its not guarenteed.
oh my, im sorry for your losses, I know it is hard. I especially could not imagine losing twins stillborn, My heart goes out to you.
How much does it cost to untie them?
I had my tubes tied for almost two years . I have 3 wonderful health children so now i want to have another baby . I have been vomiting, eating everything in site,headacks, I feel pregnant.Iam sure or what is wrong .Maybe i just want another baby. I want more than anything to be pregnant.
are you late for your period?  I had my tubes tied almost 7 yrs ago and recently found out that I am pregnant!! I was like you and wanted so bad to get pregnant but just never in a million yrs did i think it could happen without a reversal!  keep in touch! you and i are the most recent posts in here. if ya need to talk i am here.   jenn
the same thing is happening to me
Hi, just wanted to say you are not alone I had my tubal done 11yrs. ago when I had my son.Dh and I have for the past few months talked about going to mexico to have my tubal reversed but he said if it was meant to be it would happen and now I'm 9wks.1dy pregnant,so my point is if you want it bad enough give it to god and he will give you your heart's desire...good luck and just believe it can happen. The doctor that does the reversals in mexico is Dr.Roberto Perez @ www.riobravoreversal.com.The surgery cost $2665.00.
congrats!!!!   It was meant to be.....i wanted a baby so bad too.  Im so happy!
I'm kind of in the same boat. I had mine tied almost 6 years ago. Now i'm 3 weeks late with very tender breasts, increased cervical discharge, sleep disturbances.....the whole gammit. My fiance is currently deployed.......but got to see him for one day about 4 weeks ago. I have no idea what is going on. But i WANT to be pregnent too.
That would be very tough to lose four babies and have two stillborns... I have only lot one and can't handle it!  I hope that you get what you are looking for and end up pregnant with a healthy baby!  Best Wishes.

i am going through the same thing as everyone has stated above did anyone find out if they were pregnant or was it just wishful thinking
i was pregnant....the baby was in the uterus too....that was amazing BUT.......i had to have a d&C on august 11th.  the baby just stopped developing, i do not know why. I am going back to see the doc in 3 weeks to get a special test done to see if my tubes did untie or if there was just a tiny hole in the tube that the sperm found thier way through.  i am hoping that they really are untied! i regret having that tubal ligation done!! i think that us women should think about that long and very hard before having it done!  
i feel every one.  i have three wonderful daughters.  i was in a really bad marriage and i thought i would never get out, and i didnt want anymore children with him.   i finally left him  about 5 months ago and now i have met this really great man who is so wonderful.. he has no children of his own but would love to have one once we both graduate from college.  im 26 and he's 29...  we have talked about it and are willing to save money  for the reverse.  I really regret having it done.  
Well Im almost 21, And I have been on BC.. And I had my first child on the pill.. And then I started taking them again, And now I am pregnant again, Due in Mar.. And I want to get my tubes Tied..Because I was on the pill both times, the pill seems not to work with me .. If anyone can give me adivce on what I should do let me know...Thanks
I was 25 when I had my son and had my tbes tied b/c the doctor said "oh you should have them tied b/c that was my 4th  c/s and it could be dangerous to have more kids" so I listened to him and had it done mind you he was a new doctor to me and not the one I had with my other 3 kids and the doctor I had with them had told me that he would'nttie them b/c in his opinion I was too young to make such a life altering decision like that b/c who knows what the future holds ...and he was so right.And that was the biggest mistake I ever made by not tking that into consideration and letting the new doctor talk me into it but god works in mysterios ways and whatever his will is that's what will happen and I am 16wks.3 days now and very happy.So what I am saying is think long and hard about it and even look into other methods of protection.

Good luck ,just my 2 cents.
i have been tied for almost 6yrs. and i want to baby too. my husband does really bad.. did the drs tell you why it happend? wish you all the best
I have had my tubes tied about 6 1/2 years ago, I have prayed for another baby and I am having some signs that point to being pregnat but the home test show neg. so my question is did you have to have a blood test or did the home test work for you, I am going to my Dr. on 10/04/2007 I really don't know what to say, She knows how bad I want to have another child and I'm afaid it might just be wishful thinking on my part since your mind can play tricks on you, I don't want to sound crazy when I talk to her.
hello just wanted to know if you are pregant i have my tubes tied an reallyyyyyyyyy want a baby to plzzzzzzz prey for me...
hey everyone , just got some questions and comments i would like to share . first off i had my tubes tied in october 2004 right after my second son was born i remember the doctor asking me during getting ready for surgery how permenent do you want them done but i dont remember what i said because of the drugs so i am not sure exactly how they tied them . not sure how to find out . for the past year my periods have been irregular so for the past three months ive not had a period ive spotted the first month i am having sever headaches dizziness nausuea cravings and weird cramps. i took a ept a month ago it was positive but i couldnt believe it my husband and i want a baby so bad i didnt want to get our hopes up ,  i have two boys from my first marriage he has no children and we are very young  ,so about three weeks ago i bought a more expensive one those that are digital and it was negative not sure what to do please comment on my sitiuation let me kow what yall think we pray every day for a blessing i just pray that god fogives me for the huge mistake i made three years ago .
I am also in the same boat...here is my story....  I have three children.  My youngest is 7.  I had my tubes tied after she was born.  Now my body is playing tricks on me.  My period was a few weeks ago..but during my period it stopped right dab in the middle and started up the next day.  I am fatigue, nauses, my boobs hurt like He** and I am cramping.  So, I took a test last night and was negative.  I went and saw a nurse practioner and she examined my breast and found nothing out of the ordinary and is now sending me to have a mamogram (mammogram) done (im 34 yrs. old).  She didnt really want to hear my other symptoms.  Now, if I am pregnant and its growing in the tubes then I am in trouble.  I have heard so many stories about females getting pregnant after tubes being tied but now I am getting my hopes up and meanwhile my body shows more symptoms.  By the way I almost gagged yesterday when my friend ordered a fish filoet...my favorite!!!!  I am scared to talk to anyone I know just because if I am not then they will be dissappointed also.  Were in a situation where it could be a good thing or a bad thing.  I am not for getting a reversal as much as I want one I know that once we move to a bigger house I could always do foster care.  So, thats my story.  I will be taking another pregnancy test tmw, not an off brand like I did yesterday.  Good Luck to everyone!!!
8 years after i had my tubes tied i want a baby so bad do u have any suggestions
i am a mother of three my youngest is two years old, i love them to death and i really made a terrible mistake of getting my tubes tied. My body is playing tricks on me my boobs are hurting really bad my appatite is crazy and im a week late on my period. i really do hope that i can have kids again. I've just been so upset because i regret getting my tubes tied and i cannot afford to get them untied. so please pray for my family cause we are wanting a baby girl
HELLO ALL, I AM NEW.. I HAD MY TUBES TIED A LITTLE OVER 4 YEARS AGO AND I WOULD ALSO JUST LOVE TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY GIRL... I HAD A PROBLEM LAST MONTH THAT SOUNDS LIKE SOME OF YOURS, SORE BREASTS, SLEEPY, NAUSEA, YOU KNOW, THE WHOLE 9, AND , MY PERIOD WAS SPOTTY ON AND OFF, SO I THOUGHT I WAS PREGNANT TOO, BUT, ALL THE TESTS SAID NO, YOU ARE NOT! I WANT ONE SO BAD, AND, I HATE IT WHEN YOU GO TO THE DOCTOR THINKING YOU MIGHT BE PREGNANT AFTER HAVING YOUR TUBES TIED B/C THEY ALWAYS ARE LIKE, NO WAY, AND THEY KIND OF ACT LIKE YOU ARE STUPID OR SOMETHING, BUT, I HAVE HEARD OF LOTS OF WOMAN GETTING PREGNANT AFTER T.L. AND EVEN MET ONE THAT WAS DUE ANY DAY WITH TWINS... I HAVE LOOKED INTO THE REVERSAL AND IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE, IT'S $6000-$10,000, OMG THAT JUST MAKES ME SO SICK B/C IT ONLY COSTS 2000 TO GET THEM TIED, I GUESS I'M GONNA KEEP PRAYING AND WAIT ON MY MIRACLE TOO LADY'S, GOOD LUCK WITH ALL OF YOU...
hi 24 here, I have 4 kids( a 5 yr. old, 27month, 15month, and 3 month)after getting my tubes tied, last month, I personally would go crazy if i got preggo again, but then again it is recent for me. I might later on. Evryone gave me a hard time having the surgery. But after have such a scary deliver w/ #4 i was glad to do it, doc said if she would have been bigger she wouldn't have made it, & she was only 7.1, so those who are wanting that mircle good luck
my husband and i r really wanting another baby. i had my tubes tied 2 years ago. but i have had some of those symptoms. i havent been feeling like myself lately. i already have 3 girls. they r 4,3,and 2. im glad i had them done but then again im not because i really want a little boy. im not sure if i am ready for a fourth baby. i may be just going through a stage of wanting another one. my plans though r to adopt a little boy.
okay i am new to this site and i am a bit scared.  I had my tubes tied about 5 years ago and i was in a bad marriage so i thought it be a good idea.  I didnt want anymore kids i already had two and i was in my early 20's.  I have been dating this guy for 4 years and my last period was on nov. and its the middle of jan.  i am not sure if I want another baby and i have to admit i was a little excited when i missed my period but i took a couple of preg test and it said positive and negative. My body does not feel right and i feel pregnant or maybe its just wishful thinking. I know its in Gods hands.  I think i am too just going on the stage of wanting another one and maybe i just feel this will be my last chance since i am getting older. i dont know i am also scared about the pregnancy being tubal
I also am having wierd symptoms. I hadmy tubal done this past May and I am really regretting it. I have met a wonderful man and we are to be married soon and we really want a child of our own. On January 12, I wiped (sorry if TMI) and got a pretty good size of pinked tinged mucous. I thought I had been ovulating. I dont remember when my last period was. I believe it was at the end of December. I am extremely tired and breasts feel full. Do you guys have any suggestions for me? Too early for pregnancy test? Should I even bother?

A little about me: I am a single mom of three kids (6, 2, and 8mths). Thanks ladies! :-)
I had my tubes tied 3 years ago and have been have a lot of the same problems you women have been having. My period late, sick, eatting alot, and more. My husband and I have been wanting another but I have taken test and they say negative and now I am going to the dr to see what is going on.
I just found out that Blue Cross Blue Shield will cover one sterilazation or reversal per person per life time. I hope this helps. I have four beautiful children and when I had my son their dad practically forced me to have my tubes tied. Here it is 2 years later and I want a baby more than anything. We are getting divorced and I have known my curent bf for 5 years and we have been together for 6 months.
Hi yall, I'm a mom of 2 children with autism 6 & 8 (15 mo apart).  I lost ALOT of extra blood having them.  I came very close to dying with my second.  My ex-husband and mother insisted I get my tubes tied.  I didn't want to, but I did it at their guilt trips (if you chance having another baby you'll die and leave these two without a mommy).  I told the doctor I didn't want it done, that I wanted to have the option of having more children, and told him I was being pressured into the surgery, but went ahead and signed the consent forms.  He gave me a wink going into surgery saying "I am going to clamp the tubes with little plastic clamps."

Now  I am in a serious relationship with a man, who I am going to marry, and he has no children of his own.  We have sex a few times daily, and don't use any other type of birth control.  For the past week or so I have been super SUPER moody, more so than my usual PMS-I-hate-the-world kinda moody.  My fiance' got some news through a very, shady source that made him have to go back up to Wisconsin (we live in Texas), yesterday, for an indefinite amount of time (1-4 weeks).  I got so very upset.  I believe in him, but it just came about really shady, and I am scared to death.  I feel better today than yesterday, still a bit unsure and now  I'm also having some very light, brown and red spotting today.  My period isn't due for about 10 days.

Could I possibly be pregnant and the stress causing me to spot?  I'm feeling very... bloated?  I feel very large on the inside (hard to explain).  I've been really really tired, but I am also adjusting to his sleep schedule which is very very different from the one I am use to.  He can survive on like 4-5 hours sleep, and I'm one for 10 hours daily if I can get it.  I haven't been sleeping well at all for a couple weeks, especially the last week.  I am starving all the time.  I could eat all day long if I let myself.

Would a pregnancy test be accurate this early in the game?  Aaack! LOL I am so in need of answers!  
Hi, I am Sarah.........I had my tubes tied almost 2 yrs. ago. I am soooo depressed over my decision. I pray to the Lord Jesus to PLEASE let me have another child. I DON'T care about the sex. I have NEVER regreted somthing so much in my whole life. Somtimes I sit and think " what would the baby look like??" Good luck and God bless those of you who would like another baby!
I was talked into a tubal 23 years ago because I was 22 and the doctor said I had two already. My adult children has been a blessing and they are both healthy active adults. But I have wanted another baby for so many years it hurt so bad. I assumed I couldn't have any more because of all the stories I was told about if your tubes were tied, cut and burnt there is absolutely no hope. And then after a while my age played a factor in it. Until I read online some comments from women my age having miracle babies after 40. I am healthy and very active. I want a baby so bad I smell baby powder, lotion and go into the baby section to just look. I would love to have the tubal surgery, but can't afford it and insurance said if I pay out of pocket they MAY reimburse me. If I could pay out of pocket I would have had it done already. I have tried writing people to ask for help, but haven't been successful. I've never my entire life asked anyone for anything, but I found myself asking in hopes of a miracle. Maybe with Prayer someone will hear me and I will have my miracle child.
im 24 years old. i have three kids and had my tubal done when i was twenty two. about two years ago. when my third was born i decided that i didnt want anymore so i got my tubes tied cut and burned. I've started to regret it lately now that my youngest is turning two. i got pregnant with all three of my children while on the depo shot. lately ive been experiencing major mood swings, extreme fatigue, headaches, tender breast and now the last few days nausea that wont go away. o yea ive been eating everything! i hope im pregnant i would love to have just one more. i feel like i was too young to make that decision. please pray for me.
Any of u that has got pregnant after a tubal what state do u live in im in your all situation and i want another baby so bad i pray to god everynight for a miracle baby
i had a tubal ligation back in 2003 and he cut both tubes and made it permenent he said i wont ever get pregnant but i also have all the sihns vomiting,cramps,and my periods are not like they should be never on time either i dont have 1 or there late i really want more kids i have 5 already but we want more
hi everyone,i know exactly how you feel,i have 3 healthy boys,10,12,14 wich i love with all my heart and soul,but after my last boy the doctors made me tie my tubes i was only 25 years young,and i am so depressed i want just one more child so bad i wanna feel pregnant and be pregnant so bad the stupid doctors really messed up,they said i had to do it cuzz i was to fat at that time but now im not im pretty healthly and im ready for another child im almost 36 years young and i really want to give my boyfriend of 5 years now soon to be my husband a baby he has no children,and i too feel pregnant as i speak,i pray to the lord after 10 years i am finally pregnant cuzz god is more powerful then any doctor in this world miracles happen everyday...and god doesnt charge a dime,god bless all you beautiful women and dont give up cuzz i believe in miracles...
I had  3 boys  ,I'm 41 I also had  my tubes tied,it's been 11 years ago the last 2 months I ve shoting ,the first 2 days don't do anything,then some spoting ,and then 2 days . it useally 7 days  but lately been 5 days  done,I also want to have another baby ,wishing  a mircle in my  life  right now of a baby girl  I so must  love to have ,pray everyday 11 years  when  had it done,I  feel so bad ,depressed of  it.There times  I feel I could  be a chance  it could happen ,hearing ,seeing  I not alone on this
How did u feel when u got pregnant with ur tubes tied? Did u miss a period and did u take a pt?
How did u feel w,hen u got pregnant with ur tubes tied? Did u miss a period and did u take a pt?  I had my tubes tied 4 years ago and now I want another one. G
i know it's been a long time but what did you have was everything ok
I have had my tubes tied for five years now I regret getting them tied. I have four wonderful boys.do anyone know if bluecare helps pay for a reversal I really want it reversed I listened to someone.now I hate that I got them tied.you all pray for me that I get my miracle baby tht I want
hey im too nervious to go to a doctor for many weeks now i am sick to my stomache  nausia eating looking at food being hungry makes me nauscious  ( please excuse my spelling ) and ohhh my god the acid stuck in my throut when i laid down for a week or so is awfull keeps me up all night hot flashes dont like my breast messed with at all more emotional than usual cant fit into many of my clothes everything is more tight and barely fits im out of breath and feal  so swollen its so not fun right now  BUT MY TUBES ARE TIED CUT AND BURNED SOOOO HOW CAN  IT BE PRECNANCY  , oh and the going to the bathroom thing is a problem what should i do  , I WOULD LOVE TO BE PRECNANT AGAIN
I had my son 3 years ago and just found out that my doctor durning my csec put a rubber band around my tubes and burnt them nw I feel pregnant breast sore always hungry and sick to the stomach took hpt it was negative my periods are normal could I be or nt help
hello my name is jennifer... im 26 years old i had my tubes tied via c-section after my 3rd child in feb of 2011. i had my period at the end of last month but my priods are irregular and always have been. the past 2 weeks i have been having problems like tenderness in my lower stomach especially when i lay down then it really bothers me, i have had headaches, slightly nausious here and there. and last night and today i have had lower back pain plus alittle bit of heavyness in my chest. could i be pregnant or not because i haven't had problems like this any other time i get really to start my period?
Hello. I came across your response to a womens post about gettig pregnant after having a tubal.I seen on yor post that you suggested a doctor in Mexico riobrave (something like tis). I was wondering why you suggested this person? Did you do any research on him and his business? I too am interested in a reveral. I have heard mexico is cheaper but I am scared about the safety, credibility of the doctor. Can you tell ho you came about suggesting this dr and place? thanks--sarah
i had my tubal 3 yrs ago and now im late tmi lots of discharge and i cry all the time im not a softy i think im going to get it and nothing could this be could i be prego im so hungry but dont want to eat like i have know clue whats going on with me please help ?????/
i have been crampin like im on period when i have to use the bathroom i had my tubes tied 15 months ago i have all these symptoms headaches back hurts my belly looks bigger but losin weight and the thing that really bothers me i went to er 2 nights ago with the crampin told them i had my tubes tied the dr came in n was listen to my belly wit the thing they listen to ur heart n stuff n said i see we have a baby on board n did aa test it was negative but when i had my little girl 2 years ago they did a blood test after not havin a period for 2 months n when i was 4 months it finally showed up on a urine test. what could i do to find out i do not have insurance n it would cost 100 to see my regular dr n i cant aford that. plz send me an email i need advise ***@****
I had my tubes tied,cut and burnt 10 years ago and now i feel like i am in labor and feeling a lot of pressure on my ribs and breathing like i am in labor, and also gettin nausea and light headed all the time specially nausea at night when i smell food. Also gettin bigger in the belly area and i hardley eat alot anymore. I wish i knew what is wrong with me
This thread is very very old, started in 2003.  Please begin your own thread, and let me know if you need help doing so.

Pregnancy after tubal ligation is rare, but it can happen.  It is extremely important to see a Dr. as it does increase likelyhood of tubal pregnancy, and that can be quite dangerous if left untreated.  Unfortunately there is no option but to see a Dr.  Can you go to a free clinic or something?  
So I had my tubes band about 4 years ago and I think I am pregnant I have been sick tender breast tired is it possible to be pregnant
Hi ladies,

First I would like to say its refreshing to know they're other women out in my exact same situation. I am to be married in a year & my soon to be hubby & I want another baby after my last child who is now 6 yrs old. I had my tubes tied & burned. Is it possible to still have a baby with a reversal or what can we do??
Did I do anything differently to make the baby like take something or sum my Tubes been tied now 11 years
i am going throw the samething was in a bad marrige to but now i am with the love of my life but have my tubes tie and cut but i feel like i am pregnant i had my paraid but feel sick want a baby so bad dont know if it can happen leve it up to god for both of us i pray for u to
I'm 28 and have 3 children (2boys and 1girl). I had my tubes tied 2 1/2 years ago after I had my daughter because I figured I finally had my princess and i was done. Well needless to say my ex-fiance turned out not to be the prince charming I expected and we went our seperate ways. Now I have an AMAZING husband and we want so bad to have another child (preferably another princess). He has 2 children from a previous relationship (1boy and 1girl yea, i know, you can about imagine Christmas time, lol) We feel as though our family will be complete if we had one to bond each side. We are both very religious and we're praying that the Lord will answer our prayers. Could all of you hopeful mothers pray for us and we'll do the same for you! :)
All of these stories are soo insperational.. I've have my tubes tied for 6yrs. My husband and I are dying to have our 4th!! I'm giving it to God&keeping my eye on ovulation!! Praying that it works for me as well as so many others!!
hi I have been experienceing the same things I got my tubes tied in 2007 and my boyfriend and I haven't been using protection at all.  I had a period last month but only for two days. I have been feeling sick to my stomach and I feel like something is weighing on my bladder. I just don't know.  any advice
Hi im 29 yrs old and lost my son almost 4yrs ago soon after I hide my tubes tide but now I haven't had a period since March and im always eating feeling nauseated headache and my feet swells. I took 2 tests both was negative
Was you pregnant? I had my tubes burnt in 2008 after my 3rd child , now that I'm re married we are planning on have them undone in Feb but I've been sick for the past week feeling prego big time !! I'm a week late . I took a home test but it was negative , I'm nit sure what going on ?
I had my tubes tied 9 years ago and can't afford surgery or ivf.. I didn't make the choice  to get my tubes tied my ex husband did.. I wish i hadn't bc my current husband and i want a baby so bad.. I've tried red clover and deep tissue massages to help reverse them but no luck... But i pray everyday that god will give us a true blessing.. Please pray for us.. I would be so happy and complete if i was given the chance to bring our tenth child into the world..