Maternal & Child Community
Pregnancy after tubal ligation, negative HPT and blood
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnancy after tubal ligation, negative HPT and blood

I almost feel stupid writing about this.  I think I might be going crazy. I have been feeling some symptoms of pregnancy, but now I'm not sure if I'm making myself feel these symptoms or if they are real.  I had a tubal ligation 1 year ago.  I have been feeling on/off nausea, difficulty digesting, sore breasts that feel heavy, some headaches, abdominal cramping, bloated, passing a lot of gas - I mean A LOT. I've been so moody - screaming one minute, crying the next. I have montgomery tubercles (not sure if they were always there).  I had my period on Aug 23, but it lasted only 1 1/2 days instead of 5 days - it was abundant 1 day (not just spotting). BUT, on top of the other symptoms, my middle child - a boy (I have 3 children) has been soooooooo clingy to the point of not wanting any of the other kids to touch me, I even have to eat holding his hand.
I took 10 HPT and 1 blood test and they were all negative. Am I going crazy??? Is it secret wishful thinking? I know I probably can't handle another baby, but deep down inside would really want to be pregnant....Does that make sense???
I've decided to go to the Dr's tomorrow and see what's going on. I will ask for a sonogram, but feel a little silly demanding one with all the negative HPT and blood test. I guess they will also look for menopause since I am 40 y/o.  I'm scared they will say "It's all in your head!" :-(  Anyone had a similar experience or has heard of a similar story? I need validation!!!
UPDATE: Ok, now I feel really stupid.  They did a sonogram and I am definitely not pregnant. They are checking me for thyroid problems, perimenopause, cysts, etc. The Dr also said it could just be an "off" cycle and everything will get back to normal in a couple of weeks.  Although I kind of wished I was pregnant.  But I'm really trying to get that out of my mind, knowing how impossible it is. I can't set myself up for disappointment month after month every time because I'm not pregnant.  I don't know what happened, I've had my tubal ligation for a while, never thought about it twice, never wanted to be pregnant, I was fine with it - and now I find myself wanting to be pregnant! Women, who can understand them!!! hahahahahahahaha.....Good luck to all of you!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...