Pregnancy after tubal ligation
I am a mother of 5 children, my youngest being almost 3 years old. I had a Tubal Ligation about 2 and a half years ago. I really didnt want to get it done and the doc knew that. He only burnt about 4cm at each end of both tubes. He did not cut them at all. my periods have been pretty regular but now I am almost 2 weeks late and have been having typical pregnancy signs...I have not taken a test yet...I am scared to. Could I be pregnant or is this just in my head? If I am pregant it would be pretty weird since in the past month and a half I have been looking into a  tubal  reversal. My Fiance and I are wanting a child together. So this would be perfect timing If I am. Is there anyone who can give me advise or anything?
There is absolutely no way to know until you take a test.
How on earth could we know if you are pregnant or give you any advice. The only advice that can be given is to tell you to take a test.
yes please take a test and let us all know the results
Well I took a HPT last nite and it did come out negative. I still have not started my menstral though, so I will just wait it out for another week to see what happens. I have so many signs of pregnancy. But I will keep an update on here.      
If your doctor "knew" you didn't want a tubal ligation and did it anyway, he is guilty of not only malpractice, but assault.

How did they get you in to the hospital to do it against your wishes?  If you said you didn't want it done, how did they get you to sign the consent form?

Did they forge your signature?  Give you anesthesia and drag you into the OR to quiet your protests?

How on EARTH  did they do surgery you didn't want done?
Oh Im sorry if I did not explain better...I did agree to have it done but I wanted it done a way that can for sure be reversed. What I told him is "The way I am looking at it is that if I can afford a reversal then I can afford to raise another baby. So I will have it done if it is for sure reversable." Then he went ahead and did it. I did not ask any questions on how it was done because I trusted him. I wish I would have. So about a month ago I called the doctors office and wanted them to tell me how he did it. The nurse called me back and told me that the doc "probebly" cut and burned it. She didnt even look up my reports to know for sure...but I was mad and said "oh no he better not have done all that!" And I explained to her what I had told him before the procedure was done. She didnt seem to care and said well its not reversable either way, it permanent. I was so upset and just put it out of my mind for a while until last week. I called the office again and told them I wanted a copy of my pathology reports from the tubal ligation surgery. The next day I picked it up. And come to find out that he only burned about 4 cm of the tube on each side, no cutting or tying at all. So I faxed the report to a Doctor in California who does tubal reversals and he called me this morning and told me that he can reverse it. So right now I am going to wait and see if I actually start my period as I am late. I have not started yet. And I am having signs of pregnancy. Noticeable breast changes, freaquent urination, weight gain, fatiuge, and so on. So I will keep this updated. I am hoping I am pregnant so I dont have to go through the reversal process.
It could be a phantom pregnancy because you are wanting to be pregnant that badly.  I hope for your sake that you are pregnant though, it will save you ALOT of money.  :)
It's been another week... what happened? Were you pregnant?