Maternal & Child Community
Pregnancy after tubal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnancy after tubal

Hello, I gave birth to my third child 9 weeks ago, and had a tubal ligation after delivery.  My tubes were not cut and burned, but rather, clamped off.  I was still told this procedure has a very high success rate, but now I am beginning to feel some signs of pregnancy.  I have not had my first period since bleeding has subsided from the delivery, but I know that it sometimes takes a few months for your period to return to normal, but I have also heard that you sometimes ovulate before having your first period after delivery.  Another reason for my concern is August and September just seem to be really fertile months for me.  All three of my children were conceived in August or September, and although my new baby is only nine weeks old, I also conceived my second child just ten weeks after giving birth to my first, so I know that it is possible.  Has anyone had a similiar experience they could share with me?  Getting pregnant after tubal ligation, especially so soon after a tubal ligation, and giving birth?  Please let me know.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
150483_tn?1212172156
My sis had a tubal 1 month ago after her fifth!Any way she was told to still use pertection(condoms) for a while.We were shocked sense her tubal was cut.She was told sense she is so fertile there could be a small chance.(So she decide just to not have sex for awhile till doc gave thumbs up)Maybe this is whats happening with you.
Blank
Thanks Nanis.  I don't remember them mentioning to use protection, of course I had just had a baby the day before I had my tubal ligation, and they could have told me a lot of things that I don't remember.  My husband and I waited the standard six weeks post partum, but then resumed normal sexual activity WITHOUT protection, thinking we were safe since I had my tubes tied.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...