Pregnancy and 5th Disease???
I got to work this morning and a co-worker of mine told me that her grandaughter has 5th disease and that if anyone that is pregnant has been around her in the past three weeks, they need to know about it. So she told me. I have a call in to an OB nurse but does anyone know how serious this is? Should I be concerned? I did hold her when she was here. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Here is a website that might help you better understand what fifth disease is:

http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/fifth.html

There is only a very small concern if you were actually exposed to the child that had Fifth Disease.  I would wait to hear from your OB nurse, but I don't think it's a major concern.  Only 1% in woman that are exposed to someone with fifth diseas will miscarriage or have other problems.  Just try and relax.
I was exposed to fifths disease when pregnant with my son,  I had to have weekly blood tests for 1 month to determine if I was immuned.  I was.   It can be very serious when pregnant but just because you were exposed does not mean you will get it.  Take care and wait for your ob to call you.
Thanks everyone. The RN called and since I have an appt on Monday she told me to let me doctor know. I am 7 wks, 4 days pregnant today. I know that I had 5th disease a couple of years ago as an adult and she told me that is good and that more than likely I am now immune and that there isn't much reason to worry. But the doctor will address it on Monday. I think baby and I will be fine.
Since you had it a few years ago you would most likely be immuned.
I wouldn't worry.