Pregnancy and Doxycycline
I found out I was pregnant last week (probably about 4 weeks) I am taking prescription Doxycycline for an std as well as my skin. I read that there can be a risk to the fetus but it has not been found to pose a threat in the first trimester. Is this true and can I finish the remainder of my prescription (10 days)?
I think you need to contact your doc right away to see what his/her opinion on the med is.  Good luck.
You need to discuss it with your OB first.  
Heres the website on safefetus.com
http://www.safefetus.com/DrugDetail.asp?DrugId=330&TradeName=Doxycin&TradeId=3838
Doxycycline is a category D so consult your Dr right away.
I was on menocycline for Acne and my doc had me discontinue a few months before TTC because it is harmful to the fetus (mostly teeth deformaties) ... and especially during the first trimester. I would call your Doc right away before taking any more.
i would definitely speak to your doc before continuing with it, but before you freak out let me tell you i was just on doxycycline during my ivf cycle - i took it from after retrieval and just took my last one yesterday morning (right before transfer). I would think if they were so worried about it so early in pregnancy they'd be cautious to prescribe in an ivf cycle, but then again i did finish it right before the transfer, but probably still had some of it in system by transfer and after. so just ask your dr. so you can ease your mind. i'm sure you're ok now. maybe he'll just tell you not to continue. speak to him.