Maternal & Child Community
Pregnancy and extreme pain/pressure in vaginal area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 25 weeks pregnant.  This is my first pregnany and I am over weight.  I have been having extreme pain/pressure in my vaginal area.  Sex does not affect the pain.  It is worst at night.  When I am sleeping and turn over, I can barely turn.  When I get up and go to the bathroom at night I can barely walk due to the pain.

My doctor tells me the baby is sitting really low but would this cause this much pain and discomfort?

Is this because of my weight?

Would this have to do with abnormalcies in my cervex that were detected at last pap?

HELP!!!!
Guess that would depend on 'what' abnormalities were found at your last pap.....you didn't explain that part.
But yes the baby sitting really low could cause "that much pain"..... especially if you have to pee.
LOL, there are MANY of us here that are suffering with the exact same predicament.  It is perfectly normal and I can barely roll over while sleeping either.  My babies head is engaged (sitting very low) and that will do it every time.  Try sleeping with a pillow between your legs to remove some of the pressure.  Be careful though there have been instances where the pubic bone has cracked due to the pressure, when getting out of your car do it with your legs together rather than one at a time, get your husband to help you get your legs up on the couch, little things like that.  Whatever you do don't do what I was doing.  I would put pressure on the pubic bone to try to make him move but dr. said that is a big nono, you may be cutting off oxygen to the babe.  Best of luck, take some comfort in knowing that there are others out there going through the same thing you are, ohh the joys
Based on what you wrote, you may be suffering from a condiction called Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction (I posted down below a few days ago).  I've recently self-diagnosed myself with it and I'm going to talk to my doctor at my next appointment.  It has to do with all the wonderful horomones loosening our ligaments, especially the ones that hold the pelvic bones together.  However, they get too loose sometimes and there's a lot of weight/pressure down there, and that's what causes all the pain.  It's like our pelvises just can't quite support everything, so it hurts.  It affects my SI joints in my back too.  Sometimes I'll be walking in the mall and get a sharp pain in my SI joint in my lower back.  I find the pubic pain is worst in the morning, and I hobble a lot as I get up from my desk and move around.  I have also found that if I am active one day, the next day is when I suffer the most.  So it has screwed up my walking schedule, although I still try to get out a few times a week.  You can look up some articles on it by 'googling' the term, but as for pain relief, there ins't much unless you get some type of anti-inflammatory or belt.  AND, it gets worse...yay for us!!
i am 20 weeks pregnant i am slim and have pressure between my legs wha could it be?
i am 28 weeks pregnant, having severe vaginal pain/discomfort when i stand, sit, walk, more, etc, asked my doctor, he didnt seem concerned, just told me to take it easy and drink lots of fluids, can any one help me please
talk to your doctor over and over until someone listens to you and make sure that you find out if it is just pregnancy pain or if it is this Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction because if you have this problem and your doctor does not know then something worse could happen. i told my midwife who dismissed it as just pregnancy pain and then i talked to my actual doctor and he gave me pain meds with acetometaphin in it that is safe for me and the baby to take when it gets too bad and he now monitors me more closely and this is my third baby so no wonder things dont work like they use to. but when you talk to your doctor it is embarrassing but be specific about where it hurts and other details it does make a difference.