Maternal & Child Community
Pregnancy and vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnancy and vision

I am 23 weeks pregnant and just went to my opthamologist yesterday and he said that my vison in my left eye has decreased from 20/30 to 20/50 since February.  He also said that I had slight swelling behind the eye and is sending me to see a retinal specialist.  Has anyone experienced vision changes or swelling of the eye during their pregnancy.  I find it odd that my vision has only changed in the one eye.  Please Help!
this is completely normal, and im actually suprised that your opt. is sending yuo to a specialist.  usually everything goes back to normal after the baby is born.  when I was pg with ds, and i wanted to get glasses, the store refused to serve  me, telligme that it would only be good for a few months.  I dont think you ahve anythign to worry about.:):)
I see what i call flashing lights 4 times a day. the doc said its just on of thsot preggo symptoms.  he said they should go away after i deliver. i havn't been to an optomitrist so i'm not sure if other that what type of eye problems i have. i know i also have blurry vision but my doc said thats norma  also
Oh yeah. This is my 4th baby and Im telling you if I get pregnant again I will be blind!! lol. I seriously used to have the BEST eyesight. Now.... it's horrible. I know it's from pregnancy. I actually need glasses, but Im stubborn and refuse to wear them lol. I wouldn't worry a bit. I don't know about the swelling because I have no idea when it comes to the eye what is what, or if something swellls if that's a bad thing. But I am sure you're fine. Good luck to you and the baby!!
I think that this is pretty normal b/c one day I was sitiing in the bookstore and I couldn't read a sign and I started to get worried b/c I never wore glasses and can read the smallest words, but I learned that my vision is I guess impaired b/c of pregnancy...Completely normal