Maternal & Child Community
Pregnancy right after M/C

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnancy right after M/C

I found out I was pregnant on August 8th when my throat started hurting and I had a fever. I took a blood test and was about 2 weeks along. the test showed that my hcg level was really low and continued to take more test to see if it would increase. It did not and I m/c at 4 weeks. I bled for about 2 and a half weeks and the doc said that I should get my period about 3 weeks later. It has been almost 4 weeks. I did not have a D&C as my doc said that my levels were back down to zero. My throat started hurting again like it did before and not feeling too well so I took 2 pregnancy tests and they both came out positive. I read the instructions and it stated that if I m/c within 9 wks of taking the test that it could give me a false positive result. Could this be a false positive if my blood test from the end of my m/c came back at zero? Now I am scared to even call the doc because what if i am preg and its the same as before??? I dont know if I can go through it again and we were not trying to get preg so soon. But of course if I am pregnant I would pray for a healthy pregnancy! Any words of advice???
Sorry about your M/C.  If your HCG level was back to normal,  it will not show up positive on a pregnancy test, unless your pregnant and the HCG is rising in your body.  Once prego, the HCG level should double every 48 hours.  I recently suffered a M/C at almost 5 weeks.  The day of the M/C my HCG was 92.2, two days later 23, and two days after that 2.  When they tested and my HCG level was 23, it still show up that I was slightly prego.  I laughed and said, How can I be slightly pregnant?  Could you imagine your teenage daughter coming to you and saying, "Oh by the way Mom, I'm slightly pregnant."  The level was dropping but it was still showing up faintly.  If you have dark lines then I would guess your pregnant again.  Don't worry about your Doctor.  They are there to help you.  If they make you feel uncomfortable or like a fool...then get one that doesn't.  It is stressful enough without the support of a good Doctor.  Remember, they work for you and you pay them....not the other way around.  Good luck to you and keep us posted.  Blessings!
You could very well be pregnant again, but try not to worry as your chances of another m/c is slim.
You are your most fertile after a pregnancy, your drs will do right by you don't hesitate to call them.

You should confirm this pregnancy with them as soon as possible so that you and your dr can come up with a health plan to ensure the healthy life of this new little person.

I have been pregnant 3 times in the last 7 months.  My last becoming pregnant 3 weeks after my 2nd m/c.  Unfortunately, all 3 of mine ended in m/c but I hope and pray that you will not have to suffer another loss.

One is more than any mother/woman should have to go through.
God bless you and know that HE is watching over you and your baby.
Thank you! =)
Thank you both for your comments! I will call the doc and hopefully it will be good news! =)
Just wanted to say that I went in to the doc to take my blood test and hopefully will know tomorrow! I hope everything is ok this time around.
Keep us posted