Maternal & Child Community
Pregnancy so soon after miscarriage? (Update)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Just wanted to let you know it is possible to get pregnant wthin weeks of a miscarriage. They think i had a blightened ovum (sp) The very end of Sept. Hcg was gone the middle of October. And now they are telling me I am  2-3 weeks pregnant again!!! I am still in shock and don't believe it, until they do my hcg again. I was not planning on this soooo soon. But that's ok, if the baby is ready then so am I =)
I think it's safe to say it IS possible! Wow, good for you. Hope you have better luck this time. Please keep us updated. Best wishes!!!
congrats!!!!  yes it's very possible to become pregnant so soon...I too went through that.

unfortunately all mine ended in m/c...3 in the past 7 mos...

Hope all the best and many many prayers that this baby is strong....GOD bless
Yippee!!! thats fantastic. i was wondering if u'd post to reveal the result 2day.  as u know im wondering if i might be going through smthg similar-probably wishful thinking judging by the responses i got to the msg i posted earlier 'Ovulation-stupid question'.  u are probably just one of the really lucky few and i sincerely hope ure luck continues this time!  really pleased to hear ure news.
Congrats, I pray your new pregnancy will go safe and sound for you :-)

20 weeks pregnant currently, and also suffered a blighted ovum as well
Have they done blood work on you?
Your questions aren't stupid, we all have so many questions, especially after a mc. You could be pregnant. Like I told you I have had all the same symptoms as you and I turned out to be. I also thought it would be to early. But my doc said you can ovulate while you are still bleeding after the mc. And sometimes you ovulate right away just because you are so much more fertile. I say go with your gut, if you feel like it could be, take a test. Just remember this soon, you could get a false positive. Now, I know most people are probably thinking i'm nuts, and i'm not wanting to get your hopes up, but theres a 50 50 chance. And you never know. Take care, dont stress and keep me updated!
Congrats!!! I to got pregnant right after my m/c.  I m/c March 14 and got pregnant at the end of March and now I am 33 weeks pregnant with a DD.  She is healthy and continues to kick me actively everyday!!! Can't wait to meet her! Good luck to you!
Yes my numbers came back at like 80 which would put me about 2 1/2 3 weeks along i believe.That is higher then it was with my first pregnancy. They will do blood again tomorrow to make sure, and won't get the results until Thursday.
Congrats!  I did the same thing after my blighted ovum.  Baby is doing well and kicking me as I type this.  Hope you have a healthy and safe pregnancy!
Congratulations!!!!  I am hoping I can say the same thing soon.  I M/C Sept. 21.  I thought I was prego last month but ended up I wasn't.  So I am praying I am this month.  I have to wait and see.  Good luck to you and may this one stick!!!  Blessings!!
That is great!!  I tried after my m/c, but had no luck - it took me another four.  I'm very happy for you :-)
C~O~N~G~R~A~T~U~L~A~T~I~O~N~S!!!!!!!! I hope you have a healthy 9 months.
hey, this may be a silly question but how long after a misscarriage does it take to ovulate?  I had a light flow after my D&C and a week later it's heavy, should I expect it to completely stop before flowing again?  When should I start the ovulation tests I misscarried 2 weeks ago. Can anyone help with that?
When I M/C it was like a normal AF then is started my next AF 35 days later.
I had a d&c on october 4 and actually had no bleeding afterward.  Then on the 9th I started with the normal kind of bleeding with my period.  Ending heavy on that Friday and stopped.  I ovulated on the 23 or 24th.  So, it could be that the bleeding you had was your period.  My Dr. said it was unusual, but some women with really regular cycles do that.

Since I am 39, and had already had a period, he siad it would be ok to try again.  I ovulated on the 23rd or 24th so, hopefully, I will have a BFP next week!

Congrats - aimntrev - you give me hope!!!!
My dr. is advising I wait 6 months (which to me seems like forever) before ttc again, I don't want to wait and either does my significant other.  He is afraid however to have sex since my d&C because the dr. said to wait 6 weeks, I feel fine and ready but he is afraid it will hurt me physically.  My dr. even wants me to go back on birth control before even ttc again.  I feel really sad about that.  What do you girls think?
I didn't have to have a D&C, so I'm not to sure about that. My doc did put me on birth control for 2 months, before my m/c to help regulate my cycle after depo provera, and I wasn't ovulating. The first month on birth control pills, is the first month I ovulated since the depo shot, and I got pregnant the first month! I guess you have to do what your doc says, they know whats best for you. I guess I haven't really heard of waiting 6 months, but every doc does things differently. it was not my intention to try to get pregnant this soon. We only had sex once when I thought i was pregnant because I was spotting, and then the docs office told us to abstain until 7 days after the spotting stopped, they think I had already miscarried at that time, and maybe got pregnant again. I will find out more once I get the results back today..I don't really think it is possible, but we will see. I am sorry for your loss, and hopefully you can get pregnant and have a happy and healthy 9 months as soon as you can start trying again. Most of the people that I know had to wait 1 or 2 cycles, but I think it depends on how far along you were too. I was just 3 or 4 weeks along. And my brothers best friends wife lost a baby at 4 1/2 months along and they had to wait 3 cycles...
thanks your advice has been helpful, it gives me hope that we will be able to conceive again.  We had to try for 7 months before my last pregnancy that ended at 3 months.  I am feeling sad that my dr.s advice isn't what I wanted it to be.  I go in to get my hormones checked today so if they are near normal again I think we'll start trying since I got my first cycle since my D&C.  I have to go in weekly for hormone level checkups for the next 6 months?  Isn't that kindof a long time?
I had a missed miscarriage at 7 weeks (I had a miscarriage 13 years ago and have since had 4 healthy daughters ages 11, 9, 7 and 2) and had a D&C on 26th September. We were told to wait for my first period before trying again.... Out of interest I did some ovulation tests and detected a LH surge two weeks after my op.
We were using barrier methods up until 4 weeks after the op but then haven't been so careful  as I thought my period was due 2 weeks after ovulation..... Today I am 6 weeks +3 days after the op and still no period. I did a HCG test this morning which was negative- what is going on?! I thought it was pretty accurate to say a period is due 14 days after ovulation- and I know I ovulated- so can you ovulate more than once a month? If so could I be pregnant and it be too early to for a HCG test to tell?
STUPID QUESTION ALERT*** :-)

i am going to be 32 in December, just had my first pregnancy which ended up in a M/C on Halloween morning...it was only a few weeks along, more like a chemical preg. I bled from Oct. 31 thru Nov 6. It seemed like a reg period. I had the signs of ovulation last weekend so I tried again (even tho doc said to wait a month). it has been only a few days after intercourse and i have been urintating more freq and have a little ache in the breasts? can anyone tell me if its possible to get preg in the same month u M/C? a second question...is it possible to have cervical mucus and all the signs of ovulation, but not release an egg? thank u for sharing any info you have and i pray for each and every one of u here...it is so nice to finally know i am not alone :)
First of all congrats on all the girls who gotten pregnant again
Baby dust to all of you girls. I had a miss m/c our first doc appt. we were told the pregnancy was lost the next day on the 10th i had a d n c and i was told after recovery my b aby died at 8 weeks and i was 11 weeks so 3 weeks i was carrying a died baby with no clue its so devasting its me 8 days since my d n c i had a reg 23 day cycle for years i dunno when i will ovulate i want to buy an ovulation kit. but dont know when to start it!
Help me with my crazy questions
I too have gone through some of what I'm reading here. I found out I was pregnant in the beginning of November and I miscarried at 7.5 weeks; the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I went to the ER and for checkups to confirm it, also passed a large clot which pathology says had to fetal tissue.

I mentruated from December 21 to December 25, but it was very light. I normally go 6-7 days heavy, and Ive always been irregular until this past year. Very recently I have been moody and emotional as well as exhausted, gassy, hungry more often. These are the same signs I showed before along with urinating more frequently...which I havent noticed if I am now or not. The emotional part is what tips me off.....I cry or tear up at most everything. Also some things gross me out that didnt before, such as cleaning my ferrets litter box.  Ive done some research and obviously it IS possible to ovulate and get pregnant before you have your first period after a miscarriage. I really feel inside like I am pregnant, and I have already started taking the precautions necessary such as taking my prenatal at night and eating a bowl of Malt O Meal every morning for extra folic acid.

I dont believe I didnt anything wrong the first time, but I definately want to be extra careful this time around. *Fingers Crossed ;)* So good luck to myself, and good luck to all you girls out there! I hope all is well for each of you.
hello my name is cynthia i was 8 weeks and 4 days along with my 3rd baby . and on feb 27 i had to be rushed to the er cause i was bleeding a little bit and cramping . it took till march 3rd to pass the baby and the day after that i passed a few med sized clots . and for a few days i had no pain at all the bleeding looked like it was over . then early this past sunday night i passed 5 large clots and was in so much pain .. but sence then my bleeding is back to all most gone .. me and my soon to be husband  want to have a baby so bad .  i have not had sex in like 2 to 3 weeks . well  we did have sex today and i know it is stupid but is there a chance i could get pregnant once again . we are hoping and praying . the bleeding is not bad at all sence i had the miscarriage  my bleeding has been real light and not at all heavy . my doc said to wait 6 to 8 weeks before trying again but i just could not do it .. the baby we lost we wanted so bad and it hurt me to lose the baby . i waited 10 yrs to get preg again i lost my baby on my oldest daughters 11th birthday . im 38 yrs old and was on bed rest casue my doc said i was high risk due to my age . i was all ways so sick and weak . can some one please tell me is there a chance i can get pregnant again sence im still bleeding but it is so light . thank you for any help you can send our way .
You can most certainly get pregnant again, and again, and again. Don't give up hope. That is not a stupid question at all. Just keep trying and it will happen for you. God bless.
-Carmen
THREE miscarriages back to back-

I had a miscarriage in May, got pregnant by mistake less than 2 weeks later, had a 2nd miscarriage, and accidentally got pregnant AGAIN less than 2 weeks later!
Following the doctor's orders to "wait until after one cycle" was a lot more difficult to follow than I expected!

So my question is, if you get pregnant right after a miscarriage, are you at a higher risk for another miscarriage? Or is there something else wrong with me?
i just had a miscarriage on jan 1st thiz year n i took a pregnancy test jan 31st n it kame out positive is their any chance ill have another miscarriage kuz i got preg in tha same month ?????
I recently had a miscarriage just 1 week ago. After having ovarian cists and doctors had to remove 1 ovary I was so scared of not being able to have any children. Now that the pregnancy didnt result as we had planned my boyfriend decided to go back to his old ways. So to all women who still have support  from their men after these tragedies. Give him ur all cuz they deserve it:)
i just mc n just stopped bkeeding but i fell pregnant during a period n mc at 11 n half weeks could i fall pregnant while bleexing Fter mc