Maternal & Child Community
Pregnancy symtoms(symptoms)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnancy symtoms(symptoms)

I have irregular periods that range from 28 days to 40 days, I am on day 25 of my cycle now and I have had very tender breasts for the past 6 days.  I tested this morning beacuse I was sure it would be ++ because it is the same tenderness I had with DD, but it was -.  Can I already be having symptoms before it will show up on a test?
It's possible, but not likely.  Usually when there is enough hcg in your system to cause symptoms, there is enough hcg to show positive on a test.

Sore breasts can also be a symptom of AF, even if it's not something you experience every month.

Definitely take another test though, preferably the day you're late using FMU.

Good luck and baby dust!!!
I had many symptoms before I had a positive test. I was going crazy on here wondering if I was or was not. I was planning to wait till my missed period but I couldn't bare it. So one morning I woke up with a full bladder and ran to the br with pt in hand. And I got my BFP. I'll be 2 1/2 months next week now.
Oh yes definatley. My boobs were vein-ee and sore before I could have possibly tested positive. I was also a bit bloated and a little emotional.

Good luck to you.
I agree jackie....The veins in my breasts were so visible my bf asked me if I was pregnant before I even thought about it.
Thanks, I have never had them to be this sore, it's like if I roll over at night and hit them I wake up with tears in my eyes they are so sore.  I had a miscarage in Feburay and my body has not been the same since so this could just be something new thats happening!
AF stands for Aunt Flow - isn't that cute?
Is the soreness mostly in your nipples or is it all over the breasts? I had a m/c in April and we tried again last month. I was so sore I thought for sure I was pregnant but wasn't. I remembered back to when I was and my nipples were extremely sensitive but the rest was just slightly tender. Was that the same for all of you? I am feeling that same soreness again (not in the nipple) and am so afraid it is a sign of my period (I would say AF but I dont know what that stands for!)
The first time that I was pregnant my breasts were very sore as well.  I could not even think about sleeping on my stomach.  The first pg test that I took was neg. a couple days later it was positive.
That is too funny!
Mine is sore mostly around the sides and bottom of both breasts, but not at the nipple at all.  They are still just as sore today as they were the first day they started 7 days ago.  Do you think that is a AF sign if it is not sore at the nipple?
I had a cycle on May,31,2012 and went off on June,4,2012 I had sex June 19,2012 unprotected the very next day my breast nipples became sore I though it was due to ovulation but they have been sore for 11 days and counting. I think i could be pregnant but i am unsure because of my irregular cycles that range from 28-35 days. Have anyone experienced sore nipples right after conception ? Any advice or comment will help