Pregnant - but progesterone levels not good
I am close to 6 weeks pregnant and my progesterone levels are lower than normal - 7.5.  Is this a sure sign of miscarriage...really worried.  I have not taken any progesterone - should I be taking supplemental progesterone??  My doctor last week did not think it was necessary...but want to know if anyone has gone through this in the past and what have they done??
I've been researching the issue of progesterone a lot.  What I've read is that there is no harm in taking progesterone, and once a pregnancy starts, vaginal progesterone works better than shots or pills.  Your levels are really low; my doctor put me on supplements when my progesterone was 21.  Progesterone will not save a pregnancy if there are chromosomal abnormalities, but it can help protect a viable pregnancy.  I think you should consider switching doctors asap; go to an ob-gyn, if you're not already. God bless!
Thanks so much.  Going for an US tomorrow - keeping my fingers crossed.  My HCG has been doubling - it's the progesterone that is troubling.  Will get and Rx for the supplemental progesterone.
Thanks for the advice
I am taking progresterone because my levels were low and I've had two miscarriages because of it.  I am 11 weeks and I've never been pregnant this long, so I believe progesterone is helping.  If your doctor is telling you it's not neccesary, I'd say switch doctors.  It can't hurt to try and save your baby with progesterone supplements.  I would demand a prescription for it.  Good luck and let us know how it goes!
My progesterone at 5 weeks was 10.2, and my doc put me on it once I started to spot at 6 weeks3days... I am on 25mg suppositories twice per day, and I continued to spot until almost 10 weeks, but now I am almost 14 weeks, not spotting, and little one is progressing as he/she should :)
Good luck you, God bless,
I don't think I've ever had my progesterone levels checked. After my miscarrage I asked the Doctor to check them with this pregnancy and He said he doesnt bother with those levels that they don't mean much.  Of course I have read much different.
my doctor checked mine since i had a misscarriage previously. my level was 31 and he said that was just about right so a level of 7 sounds really low. i hope your doctor gets you on some supplements and this baby sticks around.
Unfortunately, Ultrasound results were not good.  Saw the sac but no embryo - so that the D&C yesterday.  Doctors felt pregnacy was not a viable one - not sure if they just say that so you don't feel miserable - still really sad.  Guess the only thing positive from this was that I can get pregnant naturally. My first baby was through IVF.  Thanks for all the advice.
I went in for my blood work at 8 days after a 6 day egg transfer of 3 embroys at the blastocyst stage.  My Estrogen and Progesterone were good b/c I am on the shots, pills, and patches, but I am very worried that I am not pregnant because the nurse said my HCG was less than 1.  Has anyone ever had such a low HCG that early and still been pregnant.  The nurse said my levels were good and it was too early to tell, but I am reading differntly from others experiences.  Please Help!
I have just been informed that my progesterone level is 0.54! My HCG is 18900, I think I'm around 6 weeks. The doctor just prescribed me progesterone suppositories.  After reading these posts, I didn't realize eating before taking the progesterone test affected the results. I did eat breakfast before my test, could that be a reason why it's so unusually low? Has anyone ever heard of the progesterone level being that low during pregnancy? I'm dreading that this will be a miscarriage. I have one beautiful daughter now who's 4 and I've been trying to get pregnant for 4 years. I went in for my ultrasound today and they didn't see the fetus yet, just the sac. I'm going again next Friday to see if it develops.
Hi I'm 30 and this is my first pregnancy I'm 7 weeks thought that I could not get pregnant every thing wad fine until I started bleeding I went to emergency they did a us  and said that there was a heart beat went to see my Dr 2 days later I was spotting then he drew some blood and called me two days later and said my progestone level was low he put me on progestone suppositories just wondering if anyone has home through this a had a successful pregnancy any comments I would appreciate it I'm very scared and really want this baby
I havent had to deal with this but starting the supliments is the right direction to go,  and spotting in the first trimester is a common occurence... try to remind yourself that your levels should be going up now and think positive thoughts! you didnt lose your pregnancy at the lowest levels and now that your levels should be going up thats a good thing! stress can be harmful so try to do something thats relaxing like a warm (not hot) bath or get a massage, go for a nice walk, anything to get your mind off the topic... think positive and try to relax! take care!