Maternal & Child Community
Pregnant 1st Period After Miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnant 1st Period After Miscarriage

Hi Everyone! I just found this site and appriciate any advise that can be offered.
I had a m/c at the end of Nov at 6wks (I was on the otho evra patch when I concieved), my first period afterwards on 12/26/05 and recently found out that I am newly pregnant again. Just over 6 wks counting from my last menstrual period. I have a 4 year old son and had no complications at all during that pregnancy.
I am really scared that I will miscarry again. I also had an abortion at the end of the summer (2005) due to a very bad situation of how the pregnancy happened.
My dr did 2 blood hgc tests at 4 weeks, and 4 1/2 wks which have come out normal.  Immediately afterwards I had one day of VERY light, dk brown spotting. I am scheduled for an u/s tomorrow at 4pm.  I was having some pregnancy symptoms when I first found out - sore breasts and an achy back - but those have mostly stopped? Is that a bad sign? I have read many theories online about the dangers of conceiving so soon after m/c.
My questions are:
1) How dangerous is it for me to be pregnant so soon after a m/c? Does the abortion over the summer raise the risk of problems? I don't understand why pregnancy symptoms would stop at 6 wks.
2)  My dr's estimate I actually concieved 1/8. I will be 6.3 wks at my u/s tomorrow counting from my last per.  What should I expect to see? My dr made it sound like I should definitely see a heart beat, if I don't is something certainly wrong?
Thanks so much for calming the nerves of an anxious mommy-to-be (I hope).
I wouldnt worry too terribly much. Some doctors say that your body will know when it is ready others say to wait a few cycles so I guess it depends on who you talk to. Good luck and just try to realx and not stress out about it (I know easier said then done)
I think the waiting is dependent on how far you are in the pregnancy were when it stoped and if you decide to have a d&c or not.

I miscarried in September.  The baby's heart quit at 9 weeks 4 days.  I had a d&c.  My ob told me to wait 2 periods.  I did and am pregnant now.  I'm 9+ weeks and everything is fine.  I saw the baby yesterday.  I think they like you to wait if you have a d&c because they scrape your uterus and the lining needs to strengthen.  There are many women out there who get pregnant right away after a miscarriage.  I can't tell you a miscarriage is out of the question but I don't think you will have any problems.  As far as the abortion.  It is the same procedure as a d&c.  It should not have any bearing on weather this pregnancy makes it or not.  There are many women out there who had abortions and went on to have successful pregnancies after.

I do understand the stress.  I had two miscarriages in the past year.  I'm a nervous wreck with this one.  Good luck.  Please keep us posted.
i was told to wait at least 3 cycles.....but i didnt and got pregnant the same month i m/c. my son is now almost 6 years old.
Sorry, I hit "Post Comment" before I answered the question about symptoms.  Don't worry about that.  I've had zero symptoms with this pregnancy nor did I with my two successful pregnancies.  My sister is about the same amount of pregnant as you and is having no symptoms and neither is a friend of mine who is also 6+ weeks.  The ultrasound is going to give you the most information at this point.  You should see a heartbeat tomorrow but if you don't, you are still early enough that you could have ovulated late and aren't quite as far as you thought.  

The dark brown spotting was probably implantation bleeding.

Again, good luck.
Clearly everyone is different... In my case I miscarried in Dec. waited 1 cycle and we just finished "Trying" to get pregnant again. My doc. said wait one cycle. If you are healthy and with no outstanding factors to prevent you from having a healthy baby, then you shouldnt worry.
Wish you luck!
Baby dust******
How long did you have to try before you got pregnant again after your D&C? We just tried again for the first time since mine...
I had my d&c september 2nd.  I had my first period on 10/1/2005 and got pregnant in December.  I didn't try in October or November.

Good luck, I hope you are able to conceive soon.
OK I AS WELL LOST MY BABY AT 6W IT WAS MY FIRTS AND THEN I GOT
PREGNET 5 MONTHS AFTER AND MY OBGY WAS VERY UPSET WITH ME SHE TOLD ME I DIDNT GIVE MY BODY A CHANCE TIO HEAL AND THAT I COUL SUFFER ANOTHER I WAS VERY UPSET BUT  THANK THE LORD IM NOW 27W GOING ON 28W ON MONDAY BUT WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT ITS NOT A GOOD THING YOU GOT PREGNET SO FAST BUT EVERYTHING CAN STILL BE OK JUST TRY A STAY OFF YOUR FEET AND DONT GIVE UP HOPE AND IM VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS AND MY GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR ANGELS! GOD BLESS YOU! AND TO ALL TTC BABY DUST TO ALL******************
My ob said to only wait one cycle.  My baby died at 6 weeks and I m/c on 1-3-06.  I am having af now and will TTC starting next week.  Every doc has different opinion.  I think if they tell you to wait longer is mostly for emotional recovery and to better date your new pregnancy.  Good luck!
THat's so great, my LMP was on 12/25/2005, but I have a 34 day cycle, so I ovulated on the 15th, girl I BD every other day, and I am now 5w 5d, I'll be 6 weeks on saturday, I too had a miscariage, girl but God is good, just keep on praying and God will do the rest, wishing you God's richest blessings. My EDD is 10/07/2006.
Hello everyone, I am new here but have been reading all of your posts and I have to tell you it really gives me a lot of hope.  So thank you all for that!  I had a missed miscarriage at 10 wks, the baby was only 8 wks, I was devestated!!!  My fiancee and I really wanted this baby, and were looking forward to it more than anything we had so far in our 8 years together.  In any case it's nice to find someone who understands.  Even though that was a terrible loss, we have grieved and accepted what happened and are ready to ttc.  I had my 1st cycle after the D&C that I had on 1/6/06, I waited like my DR suggested, and I was just wondering how long it might have taken any of you out there to get pg again?  i am so ready to be a mom and hate to think about how long it might take.  Also, I was diagnosed w/ PCOS b/c of abnormal AF's but started to have a regular cycle for the past 8 mos. will this play any part in me getting pg again?  And what is dh? Thanks again for the motivation.
i have had several miscarriages,and by that i mean i hav ebeen pregnant 17 times and at least 3 of those were tubal pregnancies. i am sorry for each and everyones lose and can sympathize. it is hard on your body and that is why your doctors ask you to wait. by waiting a little while you increase your chances to have a healthy pregnancy, not to say that women cant or dont have one right after a m/c. make sure doctors check your progesterone levels. after all i went thru i finally found out i wasnt producing enough to stabilize the preg. i had so many m/c that i had scarring and that is why i had the tubals. this is what the doctors are trying to prevent by asking you to wait. one lady stated that the ultrasound will tell you what you need to know. she is right to some extent. it will give you clarity that is for sure. or should i say sanity. both really. they will be able to see if the preg is in utero nad developing at the correct rate, as well as give you a more accurate idea of how far along. alot of women have brownish light spotting in the beginning and it is called implantation bleeding. it is normal. keep getting your hcg levels and make sure those progesterone levels are ok. try to relax if you can, stress= bad. i know it is hard but give it your all for you and your baby. good luck to you all and may you all have happy and healthy babies.
with you being almost 28 wks when was your conception date?
I too had a miscarriage just last Friday. I did not have a d&c. They told me to wait two months. Does that mean two months including the miscarriage or two more AF's after this ends (if it ever does)???
it normally means 2 cycles. i had a natural m/c ans they said 1 cycle is ok to ttc but only if periods are regular, thats why they tell you to wait longer i think.
Hello Everyone, I am new to this website. I too suffered a miscarriage it was my first pregnancy. I experience it at 10 weeks,(Janaury 20, 2006) the baby only made it to eight. I did not hear a heart beat. My husband and I were devistated. I also found out when they did the ultrasound to make sure I had lost the baby they found a large cyst on my ovary. I am going to the doctors today (Feb 24/06)to have another ultrasound done to take a look at the cyst, it is more than likely I will have surgery to have it removed and will be able to concieve (conceive) again. I am 29 and very healthy, it only took my husband and I 2 weeks to concieve (conceive). My question is to you all, It has been 5 weeks since my m/c and have not had a period yet. My doctor said I would get it between 4-6 weeks. My husband and I have had sex after the miscarriage, could I be pregnant? Thoughts?

I wish all you ladies all the happiness and hope all of you like me will be a mommy one day. Lots of well wishes Canada Girl!

Hi everyone!

I also suffered a m/c on Feb.17th,2006.  I was 5w 2d but baby was only 3wk.  That was my 1st m/c as I have 4 other children froma previous marriage.  I recently got remarried on Jan.25,2006.  My husband and I are wanting one together.  I had a tubal reversal on Dec.2nd,2005 and conceived on our wedding day.  I know that was fast.  The statistics say it happens 1 in 5 pregnancies or 15% of women m/c.  I guess it was my turn. My infertility dr said we can start trying agin right now.  I didn't need a d&c as my body expelled everything and my hcg levels went down to a negative number.  How many of you have gotten pg right after a m/c also before your first cycle?  How many carried full term the second time right after m/c?  Any info would be greatly helpful.   Should I listen to my dr and start trying right now?  I guess since I was so early in my pregnancy.
Hello All,

I just wanted to update you all. I had my appointment last Friday (Feb 24, 06) with my OB, and everything with my cyst is okay, they are going to operate to take it out and once I have healed, we can start trying again. So probably by May we can starting again for a baby. I also got my period. Hooray! LOL.

For PaulaO6

My doctor said to wait one full cycle before you try again. I have been looking on many websites and may women like us go to have have a successful pregnancy after a m/c. SO I wish you all the best and hope to hear the next time you are pregnant and me too.

i have also just had a miscarriage - i was 10 weeks but the baby was much smaller- they didn't tell me when they thought it had died or how big it was or anything.  i am desperate to be pregnant again but am unsure about how long i should wait.  i have read places that you should wait at least 1 month but can't figure out why - plus a lot of the guide lines seem to refer to people who have had d&c's.  i would also like to know how dangerous it is to get pregnant again before having at least one period after a miscarriage.  has anyone got any experiences of this -either good or bad?
I lost my baby at 19 weeks on March 3, 2006. She was so beautiful and I miss her so much. This was my first pregnancy and my husband and I wanted this so badly. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to have a period 4 days after delivering a baby. How long should we wait before trying again. We have an appointment in 6 weeks to get the results back from the tests on the baby. I just want to be pregnant again so bad, I miss having my baby girl inside me. Any suggestions.
i to miscarried at 8 wks 4 days . went to my ob on 8 weeks 6 days for a ultrasound and he said the babys heart just stopped beating . i was very hurt   i could not belive it i went for a second opion and it was true . it was terrible my husband and my children were in the room waiting to hear or see the babys heart beat and they instead heard the babys heart just stoped ... now im also very concerned   i had a roothcanal done  when i was 8 weeks 4 days im wondering if that was the reason .my doctor said it has nothing to do with it ... i think hes just trying to save his butt. just wondering what any one no's about dental work at your first trimester write back...  god bless you all and keep the faith ...
I am new to this site but it has given me a lot of hope and I want to say thank you to all of you. i recently had a missed miscarriage on 2/12/06. I was 8 1/2 weeks based on my last period. I had fist trimester bleeding and my doctor sent me for an u/s. On u/s the found that the baby had not developed no more than 6 weeks. i was devistated. This was my first pregnancy and I was really excited. I was broken hearted. I did not know what to do. My doctor told me to wait for 3 cycles, but my body feels so ready for this that I just cant let go of the feeling of being pregnant. The was the best feeling in the world. I was told that I would have a regular period 4-6 weeks after my m/c. I had sex after I stoped bleeding and I stll have not seen my period. Could I be pregnant? Is it to soon? I thought it only applied to women who had a d&c that they had to wait 3 months. I passed everything on my own. I want this more that I want anything. do any of you have any advice for me?

God bless all of you and good luck....
I had a natural miscarriage at 7 weeks on 2/21/06.  It was my first miscarriage.  We had been to the dr the day before becasue I was bleeding and cramping.  They did an ultrasound and we saw the baby's heartbeat and it was around 180.  The dr said everything looked fine.  But the next morning I lost the baby.  I was devasted.  I have a 22 month old son and my husband and I had been trying to have another.  It only took us 2 months to concieve (conceive) and then to lose the baby was so hard.  I was in a lot of pain and bled for about 6 days, which was a constant reminder of my sad loss.  My dr told us to wait 1 cycle and then we could start TTC.  I have not had my first cycle yet.  Does anyone know how long it will take?  I haven't been back to the dr since I miscarried 3 weeks ago.  The strange thing is I feel more pregnant now then I did when I was pregnant.  Does anyone know why this is?  I feel nauseated and tired and my breasts are sore.  I am not sure why I feel this way. Could I be pregnant this soon after a miscarriage?
I had a miscarriage on 2/11/06 and i have not had a period yet.  I was 6 weeks and my levels were very low.  I past everything on my own according to my doctor.  I have been feeling pregnant and i took some hpt the fist was neg. on 2/06/06 and the last two have been positive with the lines getting darker.  I go to see my doctor on the 16th of march to find out if i am or what is going on.  Have you taken a hpt? or called your doctor?  I think it is possible, i have read alot that you should wait ttc but then some doctors say that trying right away is okay too. I just hope that everything turn out alright
i dont know if you are reading this, but i had a miscarriage/D&C on 1/5 and didnt get my first period until 2/17.  so it took me 6 weeks and 1 day.  You can get pregnant after a miscarriage so be careful and use protection.  With a D&C your uterine lining is scraped out and is real thin afterwords.  If you do get pregnant, you run a higher risk of miscarrying again.  Wait to TTC until after your 1st period.. Its hard, but worth the wait in the end.  

I am sorry for your loss.

Also, I tested + on HPT until 4 weeks after my D&C.  If your hormones were high at the time of MC then it will take longer to leave your system.  This will make you still "feel pregnant" until the hormones have left your body.. Good luck
Hello new to the board.  I also had a m/c on Febuary 17, 2006.  I was about 10 weeks.  It was my third pregnancy.  The doctor ended up doing a d/c.  I was just curious..how many weeks till you start having a period again after having a m/c??  I bleed for 5-7 days after m/c but now it's been 3weeks and no period.  I'm worried..breast are starting to get real sore.  I really didn't plan on getting pregnant so soon after m/c.  Was very hard to to lose pregancy, 1st m/c.  Any information would be helpful. Thanks :)
Thank you for replying to my message!  It's good to hear that some women dont start their period till 6 weeks after m/c.  My husband has been worrying me about why I haven't started my period yet...but when i told him some women dont start till six weeks after m/c he stopped worrying as much.  So hopefully my period will start again soon!  Thanks again for the info.  You were very helpful.
Hello all, just adding my experience to your string here.  I found out that I was pregnant on Jan 24 then confirmed by a bHCG on Feb 1.  I had a follow up bHCG on Feb 2 and when the results came in on Feb 3 the levels were falling.  I estimate that I was about 6 - 8 weeks pregnant.  I since then completed the miscarriage on my own with no D&C,  my levels went from 500 on Feb 1 to 25 on March 4.  It was a long ride but I had what I initially thought was AF on Friday March 10, however the bleeding stopped after 1 day.  I had my last bHCG test on Monday so I will find out tomorrow if my levels are back at 0 or if my suspicions are correct and I am pregnant again.  I estimated that I would have been 10-DPO on Friday and that is when the bleeding started.  Since I had no complications with the miscarriage my doctors did not tell me to wait. This baby making is quite a game I am finding.  I hope to be pregnant again soon!
My Dr. called me just now and said that my bHCG is 2 but can't tell yet if that is a 2 on the way up or 2 on the way to 0.  Ah the waiting begins.
I conceived on November 29, 2005.  I started spotting on Jan 25, 2006.  Had an ultrasound on Jan 26, 2006 empty sac baby no heartbeat.  The size of the baby was about 7 1/2 weeks.  I had a D & E on Jan 27, 2006.  After procedure no heavy bleeding just brownish spotting for about 2 weeks.  On Feb 23, 2006 I had a colposcopy for abnormal paps previously ( Dr. explained during pregancy that I would have to have cells checked because of two abnormal paps).  After procedure no bleeding cramping or spotting.  Until Feb 27, 2006 I bled for one day heavy bright red blood.  No signs of period or pregnancy.  We have been having unprotected sex since Feb 9, 2006.  I am not sure if I had a period after procedure (colposcopy).  It will be 7 weeks since D & E on 3/17/06. I have read some women go 12 weeks after D & E before they have a period....any suggestions????? Also I was trying to conceive for about 10 months prior to miscarriage.  I am now 38 years old...and I am devestated about losing my baby..but I am wanting to try again..any suggestions????  Results from colposcopy came back OK just have to be retested in 6 months.....
Personally I have the feeling that Doctors can not predict or estimate pregnancies it is too vast a science.  Maybe it is becuase it is not a perfect science, everybody is different and maybe in fact too different to say "this is the textbook answer, this fits everyone's situation".  Because you are over 35 you fall into a high risk category so maybe you should seek out a fertility specalist?  Try a place that will help you understand your body,  if it is any consolation my mother had me when she was 43 years old.  Try not to get down about it, it won't help you and it wasn't your fault.
That is great news, you are lucky becuase it took me over a month for my HCG levels to drop after my m/c (started Feb 3) I just had my last blood hcg and it came back 2.  Congratulations on your new pregnancy I hope it goes well for you.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss again, that it really hard to deal with.  After my m/c it seemed like everyone at work was either pregnant or their wives were pregnant and baby chit chat went on for hours.  I didn't tell anyone about my situation and I never asked them to stop talking about their upcoming joys but it was (and still is) hard to hear about them.  I think that I might be pregnant again but I refuse to take any HPT's (spending money on those tests!)I am scheduled for another blood test this Saturday as my last one (my Dr. wanted to make sur that there was 0 hcg in my blood and since it was 2 last check I am due for one more.)  I hope the hcg is on it's way up.
I lost my baby a month ago and am now expierencing sore breasts i took a test today which was negative last time i had this i was pregnant i cant help but to wonder if it was my fault i lost because i took 2 negative tests then did a bungee jump but was still pregnant 2 weeks later or maybe its my body as my twins were 12 weeks early and my son 4 weeks my head is so confused please help
All of these things happen for a reason, I am sure that your bungee jump didn't change the outcome.  Don't make yourself crazy thinking what you could have done differently.  I read somewhere that even if you stay in bed from the second you get pregnant there are no guarantees that you will carry to term.  Sometimes your body has to cancel a pregnancy due to chrosomal problems.  Think of it as a blessing in disguise.  How long ago was your first M/C completed?  (BHCG levels back to 0)
\Hi everyone first time posting but I have been reading all of your stories since before I miscarried, and I can sympathize with you all. I knew I was miscarrying even though the Dr said no. I ended up miscarrying on 3/16/05 naturally at home. I had a vaginal u/s on 3/11/05 was told was 6 weeks 1 day I knew I was 8 weeks 1 day.Dr said hcg levels fine but that it was difficult seeing the heartbeat since the embryo was 6 weeks or less.They also said I had a cyst on my left ovary but since it was less than a centimeter no need to worry that it should disappear after 1 or 2 cycles. My husband took me to ER on 3/16 after i miscarried and it was confirmed by another vaginal u/s that the miscarriage occured and that it was a complete abortion since there were no traces left in me. I am so anxious to be pregnant again my daughter is six now and I guess my question is can I still get pg without having the cyst removed? and is it safe to start having sex again since it is said to wait  1 week for every 2 months of pregnancy.  BABY DUST TO ALL.....
hi ive miscarried 3 times last year but 6 in total.ive got a chromosone problem.the last 3 had to have d&cs as i had delayed miscarriage.each time the bleedin after and my 1st period were all different i lost my last baby at 7 wks a mnth ago and a bit worrid as all ive got is brown blood and that it.not a proper period could i be pregnent again?
testing fix
Im 39 and recently became pregnant for the first time after only three weeks of trying since stopping the pill.  We took a relaxed approach and I was amazed at how quickly it happened
best of luck
I MISCARRIED DEC 12 AND JUST TOOK A TEST TODAY IT LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT ME POSTIVE IT I STILL FAINT BUT I CAN SEETHE OTHER LINE IS THERE A HIGH CHANCE I WILL MISCARRY AGAIN OR IS IT BAD THAT I MIGHT BE PREGNAT AGAIN???
hi i got pregnant it was unplanned but a blessing i fount out on september 26th, i had my first prental visit on nov 9th.
My DH and I were so excited but were devasted after hearing no heartbeat and going through 3 u/s had a d&c the following day when i woke up my doc told me the baby died at 8 weeks, i had no clue i tried to get preggo b4 af didn't work had a weird af it came on dec 10 28 days later but, bleed again on dec 6 and didnt stop cuz af came couldn't tell what was which my 2nd af came on jan 5 it was normal i got the clearblueeasy monitor, im like 2-3 dpo and feeling weird im praying to the Lord up above to give me a blessing this month i want to be preggo again and have an October baby will see in two weeks
sticky baby dust to all of us!
My wife had a miscarriage in late August and had to have a D&C. She has started her cycle last week and had very heavy bleeding with a lot of abdominal pain the first 2 days. Is this normal?
hi i had a m/c on 1st jan i was only 5 6 weeks gone.. im just a bit worried i might be pregnant again as i dont no when im to get my period. plz give me some advice

T51
I had a non-pregnancy related D&C on December 29, 2007... The doctor gave me the ok to TTC and I still haven't had my period. I am having all the pregnancy symptoms but getting negative HPT and a blood test... Does anyone know when you usually ovulate or get your period after a D&C?? I just can't shake the feeling that im pregnant but getting REALLY frusturated that i am not getting any positive tests..
hi i lost my baby on the 14th march 08.... we really want to try again for another baby...... i feel ready....
i havent had another period and not sure when i will....
can anyone help me?
i havent been to the doctor since i found out...
i am confused and dnt really know what to do...
ang x
I like you lost mine 2 days after you..  We also want to try again im so anxious to start trying and like you i feel ready nothing wrong not pain but No period either.. i am frustrated about not having a monthly yet because i want it so i can start sooner not have to wait 2 months for my first monthly so im hoping and praying that this is my lucky month to get it back!
I have read it could take anywhere from 4-12 weeks to have your first period it depends on the person i guess and there body..  Why have you not been back to the doctor?  I had to have a 2 week check up did you not have to have that??  How far along were you??  My doctor told me to wait 3 months before i start trying agina not happy about that so i don't know what im going to do!

Good luck if your concerned about anything call your doctor
hey, i was 7-8 weeks. he told me that everything wouldbe fine and to go for my scan and if it had all come out naturally then i was ok.
then i later found out why i lost my baby... it was an infection that some women get when they fall pregnant....
we have been trying for a year and when i found out i was over the moon bt very shocked, coz at the time we hadnt really been trying...
we have been trying bt i have read not to .... so now am even more worried!!!!!!
x
My period came 8 weeks after my miscarraige (miscarriage) (I had a complete/natural miscarriage).  My OBGYN did say if I didn't have my period after 8 weeks to call him so they could examine me.  The next period after that was 2 weeks late and I had noticed that in general I cramp a lot (on or off my period) and the MD said that it is normal for that to happen up to 6 months after a miscarriage.
my son and his g/f recently miscarried twins at approximately 3 mths.  She went in for her ultrasound and they found no heartbeats.  They also think that they found a baby in the womb at approx 3wks gestation....is this possible?  We are confused....
This is my first post - great to see so many women have the same issues as we have!  This was our first pregnancy (after only TTC for 1 month), and 1st ultrasound indicated baby was not as far along as we thought, based on size and heart rate.  Went back 2 weeks later, and there was no heartbeat.  Had D&C this past Monday, feeling okay about it - my dr says to wait 2 menstrual cycles, but we're going to try after 1 (though not intensely).  Hoping it will be as easy this time, but my cycles are irregular.  I'm just wondering how long before pregnancy symptoms go away?  Only symptom I had while pregnant was breast soreness and growth (not complaining about that at all!) - but it would be nice to hug my husband without wincing! :)
I recently had a natural miscarriage (my 1st pregnancy) that started on Nov. 9 (STILL spotting). I too am wondering when it is safe to start trying again. We are definitely going to wait until I have at least 1 period, but is it better to wait until after your 2nd period? I was told 2 different things...1) they prefer 2 periods only to determine due dates better, but you can get pregnant after 1 period with no increased risk for m/c and 2) my Dr told me its better to wait for 2 periods because of increased risk for growth complications...has anyone heard this?
I started my m/c on Nov 9 (still spotting from it) and I, too, had breast soreness and enlargement during my pregnancy (I miscarried at 7w6d). My breast soreness started to go away soon after I started spotting, and about 1 week ago the soreness was completely gone. The pregnancy symptoms will continue to decrease as your hcg levels decrease. My breast soreness was completely gone and my hcg was still 7100. I think everyone is different.  
Hi to all....

I had my miscarriage when I was at my 8 weeks of pregnancy (June 21, 2009, fathers day somemore). Me and my husband are really sad about the miscarriage because we've waited for this preganancy for more than 5 years after my boy, now 5 years plus... I got my period back today (July 18, 2009). The doctor told me to wait at least 3 cycles before getting pregnant again. Is it necessary? Because I can't wait to get pregnant again, one thing to consider is my age, I'm coming to 38 end of the year. I'm thinking to try again after my menses gone. Any help? Or anything I have to check with the doctor before I get pregnant? ie: progesterone level....

Mom-of-one88
I'm so sorry for your loss and I know how you feel.  I can say this because I had a miscarriage in July at 8 weeks, after not having used birth control in 20 years.  My story is a little different because I'm 47.  I experienced the same difficulties and never could conceive again, but for a much longer time.  My baby just turned 23 and I'm grateful for her; however, I did not want to stop at one child...I wanted a whole house full.  My doctor could never figure out why I conceived so easily the first time but could not thereafter.  I took fertility drugs for 2 years.  My doctor at the time just labeled the problem as a "hostile environment"...I was too acidic and basically killed the sperm.  I tried everything I knew of at the time to conceive, short of IVF....course that was before instant advise via the web!  Imagine my shock to be 4 weeks late and thinking it was just the advent of menopause, finding out I was pregnant.  Sadly, I started spotting when the pregnancy was confirmed by lab work.  My HCG level was high (the pregnancy hormone) but my progesterone level was really low...about 3.7 and it should have been at least 13.  Progesterone is needed to carry the pregnancy through to 10 weeks, when the placenta starts producing its own.  I've not had the next period yet; however, that usually takes 4-6 weeks to happen, from what my current doctor says.  I am really torn about whether to try again...I mean, actually TRY this time.  I've been married to my second husband for 15 years and we do not have any children together.  It would be exciting, but then I think, I would be 67 years old when the child is 20!  Anyway, my OB said to wait one cycle and would probably be more likely than ever to conceive this time.  The doctor also told me to use contraception, as you could still ovulate and conceive during this recovery period.  I've found some really good information for helping nature along at the following website: http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/preconception/58015 Insist (not ask) that your doctor have labs done to check your progesterone levels during, I think, the ovulation time frame...because if the level is not high enough, you won't conceive and may not be able to prevent spontaneous miscarriage if you do.  If your current doctor won't, find one who will.  We have to be our own advocates for our health care sometimes.  We're too used to letting our doctors tell us what's best.  Best of luck to you and your husband.  Let me know how things turn out : )
I everyone.  I've read all of your stories and I've said a prayer for all of you including myself. I share in your worry, and pain.  We are connected by the same fears.  After spotting and some bleeding I had an ultrasound.  It detected no heartbeat, and that the fetus was only 7 weeks, when I  know I was 10 calendar weeks into the pregnancy.  They sent me home with a "wait and see" attitude" the following Friday I miscarried. This was in Sept5th/09.  Its now Oct 11/09, I just got my first period. I guess they tell us to wait because judging by my flow this isn't what my period usually behaves like.
I wish the same happiness for all of us.  There's nothing we could have done differently to prevent this.  Worry will never change the outcome of things.  I have to believe we're given the opportunity to be stronger after learning from the lessons that hurt us most in life.  
To all of my sisters good luck!  May we all concieve (conceive), may we all have healthy pregnancies.  Thank you for your stories they have given me hope. LFT:)
i found out i was preganat two days ago,we were so happy .. found some light bleeding i went to the hospital only to find out i was having a miscarriage i was only 3-4 weeks pregnant,my question is should i have the d& c thing that cleans me out? no1 has told me about this... i really want to fall preganant what should i do
Im no professioinal but i dnt think you actually need a d&c, since its so early in the pregnancy. Im sorry for your lost. I had a miscarriage not to long ago, it hurt but im avid in getting back in the game. my husband and i have been our normal amount of sex (unprotected of course) which is almost everyday, not forced but just always. Also if you were miscarrying the hospital would have recommended it... the day i found out i was miscarrying the dr sent me to get the d&c that day (but i was 12 weeks gestation) baby was only 8 weeks...
I know this is late, and you're probably on your way to a healthy pregnancy, BUT I want to share my two cents.  Eight years ago I had  MC, and then (unknowlingly) conceived my daughter two weeks later.  The dr. thought my positive HCG levels were left over from the MC.  She had my blood levels checked, and sure enough, pregnant!  I didn't even have a LMP to give the doctor. :)  

My daughter is 7 1/2 now, and healthy as an ox.  No worries!  I hope that all is well with your pregnancy.
I just recently suffered my second miscarriage, and had an ectopic in July.  With that being said, I've been pregnant 3 times, in the last 9 months, and still do NOT have a baby.  I am incredibly broken and feel very defeated at this point.  All I want is to have a family.  I'm a healthy 28 year old and so is my husband.  We just recently underwent testing of all sorts to see if there are any underlying problems that are preventing me to carry the pregnancies to term.  If you or anyone else reading this has had 2+ miscarriages, can you please tell me if any of you have healthy children?  If so, did you undergo testing and receive some answers or were you simply told that miscarriages "happen?"  I am a person who needs answers and is looking to gain as much knowledge as I can before I am ready to move on.  If you can, please help.
I mc at 16 weeks no straight explanations dr said it s nothing I done got preg again 10 months later and had another mc at 21 weeks my water broke early went to hosp they put me on bed rest to try to see if they can save the baby at 24 weeks but I ended up giving birth 2days after I started to bleed and had ultrS placenta was living the uterus so I had no choice but to give birth and hope that shr would be alive but unfortu not I have no sickness history and while all those things was going on her Heart b was 165 and I had no infection or fever i had contractions hours later  it s been two weeks I m stil bleeding I m in a urge of starting again how soon can I start trying.
i had a misscarrage just 1 week today 20th, i was 12 weeks but they died at 8 weeks thats what hurts the most, i carried them dead for 4 weeks unknown, i was booked for dc,on the tue but after being told on the monday what had happened i started bleeding, then on the wednesday, i went into labour around 9iish, then the babys came out at 12.12 pm, ive never felt so devistated,. what hurts more is i thought my partner was abole to handle this but its hit him like a brick today, and i dont know how to help him, hes your typical man beleivees that men shouldnt cry and keep there feelings to them selfs but it hasnt worked that way can someone help us this is our first misscarage we have 3 alraedy, thank you!!!
I had an abortion November 15th and bleed like 2 weeks then on December 12th I started bleeding again. It was dark blood like a normal period, was this my period and when should I ovulate. My periods has always been normal every 28 days. I'm trying to conceive again only after 47 days.
I had a miscarriage on Dec 28 , 2011 and now I am pregnant again hope everything goes well .. anything can happen
Hiya
I also had a m/c 2 and half weeks ago I was 8 weeks pregnant :-)  I was wanting to know how long to wait before trying again?? My doctor said there is no problem in trying again as soon as bleeding stops and u feel comfortable in doing so. This was my first pregnancy and I am 40 now so it's late to start trying. It was an unplanned pregnancy but was getting very used to the changes in my body. We have decided we want to try again as soon as possible but not sure when???
Teresa :-)