Maternal & Child Community
Pregnant 3 weeks after misscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnant 3 weeks after misscarriage

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice. I had a natural miscarriage 3 weeks ago. My husband and I broke a condom 2 weeks ago but I didn't think much of it being as it was so soon. I started spotting brown friday. I thought I was just getting my period but it did not come. I was also tired and my breasts were soar. i can't get in to see my doctor until friday but he sent me for an HCG test which came back at 304!!! I don't know what to do I'm still so terribly upset after losing the first child and I'm afraid Its happening again. I wonder if it's possible everything will be ok. I'm afraid to hope

Peggy
dont loose hope yes everything will be fine dont worry
wow i am expericianig the same thing i mean my m/c was 3 months ago and 3 days ago i started to spot and now its just brown with a napkin i thought it was my period again but can i also be pregnant again please let me know what your doc said but can i do a preg test now to see? and Hopefully it will be fine just don't take any stress
Just try not to think about it! I KNOW it's hard. My cousin is going through the same thing. She has had 3 of them. You just can't stress about it. That alone COULD make it happen again. So just take it easy right now. Take off of work a few days IF you can.
Have a second hCG test to be sure the number is rising.  If it is not, or if it  is dropping, you might have just gotten a residual number from the earlier pregnancy.  If it is rising, cross fingers, you might have a perfectly fine pregnancy.