Maternal & Child Community
Pregnant after D

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnant after D

I had a D&C on July 15th.  I took a pregnancy test on Thur and it was positive....I have not had a period.  I went to the Dr. on Friday they took my HCG levels and it was 1870 they took more blood and today they called me and told me they went up to 4973.  Wow I am pregnant.
I have read sooo many things and even talked to different Drs about the issue of getting pregnant right after a D&C.  I have found more support on your body will get pregnant when it is ready.  It just seems like there is nothing out there to support waiting or trying again.  I would love to find someone out there that is pregnant right after a D&C to see how they are doing....we could give each other support. I am very scared.
I'm so happy for you! I think when the time is right it's just right and I've heard just as many stories about women who have gotten pregnant right after a miscarriage who have carried healthy babies as opposed to the alternative. Congratulations! Now I wish I had gone ahead and given it a try..hopefully soon...:)
I got prego right after a D&C. My baby just turned 4 mo!!! good luck!!
Well no sense worrying now YOUR pregnant
You just deal with what comes, I have to know others who have become pregnant shortly  after a d&c  or gave birth (My mom had a baby and one 9 months later (one in and one out))
So that wasnt much time to recover either and ALL WAS FINE
Good luck and best wishes
I had a d/c July 12th and swore I was pregnant right away again (wasn't but I'll be trying again this month). Of course I had tons of 'Oh my God' questions. My MD told me I can start trying immediately (although to wait one week after d/c to avoid possible infection). We waited 5 days  when I thought sex wouldn't hurt. Basically, my MD said your body only knows it's pregnant- then starts all those wheels turning. It doesn't know it just went thru this, had a d/c,etc.- just the new hormones doing their thing. Our bodies are incredible and marvelously resiliant. Your strong and healthy- just look how quickly you got back to being able to host a pregnancy again!! It is only a reminder of the miracle us girls are able to do- get pregnant and carry a baby!! Good luck. I will be trying on day 8 and hope to report a + hcg by the end of September!!!
hello, i had a second miscarraige (miscarriage) at 11 weeks on june 13,2005, i had the d&c on june 19, im now 10 weeks pregnant. im very afraid of having another miscarraige (miscarriage) i was highly stressed during both pregnanceys. I pray that this baby makes it. good luck to you
I just want you to know that I have had 2 miscarriages and know how you are feeling , I am praying for you.
Hello, I have never posted, just read postings, but I felt compelled to send you a message of support.  I also have had two miscarriages,the last one being 8/23/05.  Both were considered "missed miscarriages."  I had no bleeding, no pain, the fetus just stopped growing for some reason and it was discovered both times at my 12 week appointment because no heartbeat could be found.  I was heartbroken both times and am wondering now if I'll ever be able to sustain a pregnancy and have a healthy baby.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you to keep your chin up and I'm sure it will happen for you, and hopefully for me as well.
I had a D&C on July 1st 2005, I had a missed miscarriage we thought we were 12 weeks but baby had died at 7 1/2 weeks. We are now pregnant again!! I got my period 4 weeks after D&C and we concieved 17 August so that makes me 6 weeks tomorrow. I am very nervous but trying to stay positive. HCG levels were low at first but they have picked up now. I'm booked for an ultrasound at the end of this week (can't wait). Has anyone else been in this situation? What was the outcome? I really hope there is a little heartbeat there.
Hi Nick 32, just wondering how you are going now? Hope well. All seems to be going well for us. Had the ultrasound at 6 weeks saw a heartbeat 108bpm and all looks to be normal. Tho I am still nervous after last time. At the moment I'm 71/2 weeks, just want the next few to hurry up. Good luck to all.
This is my first time posting on anything so I hope this is the right place.  I had a missed miscarrage (miscarriage) at 11 weeks after seeing a strong heartbeat and fine ultrasound at 8 weeks.  I had a d&c 8/29/05 and am waiting for my period.  That was my second pregnancy, and both pregnancies happened on my first attempt. HAs anyone here followed that pattern or is it much harder to get pregnant after the D & C?  For those of you that are pregnant I wish you lots and lots of luck for a happy healthy pregnancy.
Hi Jack, just wanted to let you know when I had the d&c I got my period normal time (32 days). And then got pregnant straight away I am now 7 weeks and so nervous. Hope you get pregnant again straight away. Easier said than done but try not to stress. It is common to get pregnant after a D&C. Keep me posted.
Thank you for answering...that is great news.  I just got my period today, 29 days after d and c, so hopefully I'll be lucky like you.  I wish you the best of luck, try not to stress either and keep me posted.
Hi All - I have just been reading some of your notes there. I am 28 and just miscarried my first pregnancy at 9 weeks & had a D&C on Tuesday. You all know the pain and loss, but I am staying positive!
I would love to try right away again and I feel I am definitely prepared for it mentally - however I am not sure how soon I can try.
I gather that some of you got pregnant right away and I hope I am as lucky, however, I am wondering did you wait for your  cycle to return or did some of you get pregnant literally straight after your miscarriage or D&C?
I would really appreciate any feed back you can give me.
Thank u!
Hi Kate, I am currently 8weeks 3days and very nervous. Yes I do know how you feel it's a very empty feeling. I couldn't wait to try again just to have that feeling again and to be sure I could have babies. I did wait for one cycle as my Dr and nurses suggested. They said to wait to be sure all is OK after the D&C. My period came on time (indicating all was good). And lucky for us we got pregnant straight away. We had a heart beat check again today and all is going well. I can't wait for the next few weeks to pass by. Keep me posted on how you go. It is recommended to wait for at least one cycle but I think this is just to make dates easier. Ask your Dr if your not sure. Good Luck, thinking of you.
Thank you for your response, it definitely helps to hear from someone who has gone through it.
I am delighted to hear your news - that is fantastic & I hope we will be as lucky!
You must have been so relieved to see that hearbeat today... and hopefully the weeks will fly by for you!
Let me know how you go!
Hi My name is Naunakhte and I'm 20 yrs old. I had a D & C August 10th ( this month ) and on August 12th I started bleeding extremely bad  to wear I had to have a blood transfusion because They did not remove all of the Baby from me on the 10th so I had to have another D & C on the 13th. My baby hadn't had a heartbeat in 2 months and each time I went to the E R 6 times within a month for stomach pains they only checked me vaginally for like STD's and that kind of stuff... is that normal? Will I be able to get pregnant again since I had 2 D & C's? how do I know when I get my period after the D & C? I''ve been bleeding for over 5 days now ( since my D & C ) is that my period or is it just bleeding from surgery? Please write back because I'm scared and desperately want children of my own
Thats awful that you had to have the D&C twice. After my D&C I had 2 days of heavy bleeding then about 5 more which seemed to be like a normal period. I was told to wait one cycle to try again to be sure all was OK. My next period came on time. I am now 11 weeks pregnant and still very nervous can't wait to get past week 13. We have seen the heartbeat twice and heard it once. I was also concerned about all the things you are but hey I'm pregnant again now and all seems to be going great! How far along were you? Lots of people say its common to loose the first baby, I found that a little comforting. I also had pains in the first pregnancy that I haven't had during this one tho I had no bleeding. Really nothing can be done so we have to hope for the best. I'm sure you've heard this but with your age and if your in reasonable health you should have no problems falling pregnant and then carring the whole way. The statistics are so high for miscarriage and the fact that doctors tend not to do any testing until you have 3 in a row is a far indication (I think) that it is common. I know you just can't wait and then when it happens you'll do nothing but worry. I know how you feel and hope all goes well. Keep me posted. Good luck and if you feel your not getting the support or all answers from your doctor seek a second opinion. Good Luck.
Also, believe me the second time round the doctors listen to you more, for example: in the first pregnancy I said to the doctor I had some pains and the response was thats OK if there is no bleeding. However this time I said I wasn't sure how all was going and they sent me straight off for an ultrasound which eased my mind. As for having 2 D&C's I don't believe that makes any difference at all. Also I was told the bleeding after the D&C was form the opp, that stopped about 1 week later then 4 weeks after that I had a normal period. As for testing for STD's the doctors probably wanted to rule any of them out to make sure you and the baby were safe, altho it probably didn't make you feel good? Sorry I've gone on so much.
I have found so much support reading these posts. I'm 28 and had a D&C last Friday. 1st pregnancy and no heartbeat at ultrasound at 12 weeks. Had a couple days of bleeding and then all of a sudden today (a week later) lots more dark blood. My doc said to wait for one full cycle as well before ttc. Good luck to everyone who is going to try again. It seems like everyone I talk to had this happen at least on their first attempt and sometimes more. Seems to be very common but doesn't stop the hurt. It's funny how you look forward to having a baby ever since you are a toddler and play with your babydolls, and then when it happens it's the most wonderful feeling full of worry and anxiousness. Once you start to embrace it you find that it is taken away from you as suddenly as it was given. Anyways, sorry to go on and on...
Hi my name is Birbal and I'm 26 years old. I had a D&C on Sep. 19,2005. I still have not had a period is that normal? So how soon should i start trying again to get pregnant?
I am 10 weeks pregnant. I had my 1st ultrasound this past Friday and its showing I'm only 6 weeks with no heart beat. My hcg level was very high, over 7000. It will be tested in 48 hrs to see if it has dropped or if it is higher. If it is higher there is a chance for the fetus to grow. Has anyone else gone through a similar situation?

Thanks,
Hebbie
Hi Hebbie,
I hope all is OK with you  and the little one. I have heard of this happening before and heared both good and bad outcomes. I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks but bub had died at 71/2 they could see in the ultrasound where it was starting to come away, could they see that with you? I was also certain of my dates so Iwe knew there was no chance of that. Fingers croosed for you. At the time it doesn't make you feel any better but people kept saying to me at leaset you know you can get pregnant and now we're pregnant again and so far so good, tho I'm a nervous wreck. I have a Dr's app tomorrow and hope to hear heartbeat then on Wed we're 12 weeks! Keep me posted I really hope levels have gone up and the heartbeat is able to be seen. Its not unusual to not see a heartbeat at 6 weeks.
Hi Ylime,
Thanks for replying to me. I got my HCG levels back this morning that I took Friday. Friday my level was 7000 but it had risen to 9000. They want me to come in Wednesday to take another ultrasound. I don't know if this is a good sign or not. Has anyone else been through this????

Thanks,
Hebbie
Well I guess thats a better sign than having them not rise. Good luck with the ultrasound
hi everyone.. i had a d&c on 9/21 and have not gotten my period. one day last week and one day this week i got sick on my way to work and had to pull over like morning sickness. took a test and negative, but can still be early.  my doctor scared me and said don't get pregnant until after a normal period. what if i am, we didn't try, but we werent that careful either. will i be ok. any advice?
Hi, I am new here. I also had a d & c on 9/21 after the fetus stopped growing. I went to the doctor on 10/13 for a check up, he did an ultra sound and told me ovulating. Needless to say I am a nervous wreck. My period is 4 days late. I have had 4 miscarriages over the last 10 years but the good news is I have a healthy 9 year old daughter. All my other misses I didnt have a d & c. Anyway, just looking to be around women who are having the same experiences. Thanks!
Hi. I'm new to this site. I am 30 years old and just had a M/C and a D&C. I got off the pill and 3mo later got pregnant the first time we tried with unprotected sex. I had an ultrasound at about 7 weeks and showed a heartbeat which was GREAT! When I went for check up at about 11 weeks ultrasound showed no heatrbeat and a fetus of about 8 weeks old. I had a D&C 1 week later. It has now been 2 weeks since D&C and I want to get pregnant right away but Dr. told me to wait at least 1 cycle. I am having a hard time finding readings on if it is o.k. to get pregnant right away, everyone seems to have different ideas. Can anyone help?
I have been told the same thing, that is to wait to try to get pregnant again. I also was 11 weeks pregnant but the fetus was 8 wks in size. I really think it is best to wait like the doctors say but that is only my opinion. I pray that I am not pregnant this soon because our bodies need time to heal.
this web site has definitely helped especially reading success stories. seeing that we all were not too far along, it seems that our body could recover fast. my doctor also said that is was good that my test was negative meaning that my hormone leveles are back to normal, but i need to take a test in  a few weeks. i hope everyone has success and lets all keep our fingers crossed !
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know and give you a bit of hope. We had a miscarriage this year (June) at 11 weeks (tho baby died at 71/2) I had a D&C and waited one cycle as doctor recommended, then we fell pregnant that month. Its been a long 12 weeks but we've made thru the 1st trimester and we just had the 12 week ultrasound today and all is looking really good. I'm still a bit nervous but so happy so I hope all of you are as lucky and get to be excited like us ASAP! Good luck to all. And if you can wait the 1 cycle like the doctors say then that way when you do fall pregnant you have one less thing to stress about(altho that waiting was the hardest) Keep me posted on how your doing. Good Luck.
Emily
I had a D&C September 20, 2005 I was 8 weeks.

I've been on the pill for years (8yrs), I think I had a period but not sure, I was bleeding for 2 1/2 days no cramps no heavy bleeding it was more not heavy but not light. Did that make sense?
I had intercourse right after my period (if it was a period).
So what is a normal period?
I've read that your period after a D&C can last up to a week or two, thats why Im confused.
My breats are kinda hard, more heavy..lol (I had a period) October 20, 05)So does this mean I can be pregnant?
I miscarried because I had a urinary tract infection, that I did not know I had, people told me that frequent trips to the bathroom was normal, I had no buring and stuff so I really didnt know I had a UTI.
Lastnight 10-27-05 I had this weird cramp like I was going to have a period, I took some motrin and like 10 minutes it was gone, so confused.

Thank you,

HI, I AM A FIRST TIME ON HERE. BUT I HAD A D&C DONE ON SEPTEMEBER 2ND, AND I STILL HAVENT HAD A PERIOD YET. WE DID WAIT UNTIL ABOUT 2 OR 3 WEEKS TO PLAY BALL AGAIN, BUT I DONT WANT TO GET MY HOPES UP BY GETTING A TEST YET. WHAT SHOULD I DO? I HAVE THE CRAMPS LIKE I AM STARTING BUT MAN NOTHING AT ALL. SO I AM KINDA SCARED THAT IF I AM PREG AGAIN THEN THIS MIGHT BE ANOTHER SIGN. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE. THANKS
I finally found a site where I feel like I can post and other's will understand. I was 12 weeks along when I found out I was miscarrying. That was on Oct.17 and I had a D&C the next morning. I had a normal ultrasound at 8 1/2 weeks. I saw the heartbeat so I thought everything would be ok. The baby was measuring at 7 1/2 weeks but the doctor said that could be because me and my husband are short. I never thought nothing of it. On Oct.13 I started to have achy pressure in my lower abdomen. Then for the next few days I had light brown spotting. It was the weekend so needless to say when I paged the doctor a nurse called me back. She said everything sounded fine and that I probably had a UTI. I didn't worry. Then that Monday morning came and as soon as I stood up a gush of blood came out. It was awful. I spent all day at the hospital. I am writing all this and now I hope I am posting on the right forum. Sorry ladies if I'm not. So after about 5 days I had a unusally high sex drive. Have any ladies ever had that after a D&C? Yes I grieved and am still grieving but that hasn't stopped me from wanting sex all the time. The doctor said to wait 2 weeks but I couldn't. My husband and I have had sex 4 times since my D&C. I am going to try not to over these next few days. Silly but I am afraid the doctor will know. I guess I am just confused as to why I would high such a high sex drive after such a devastating ordeal. Although if it results in me being prego right away...I will be happy. Even though I am still trying to get over the shock of everything that has happened thus far. See me and my husband tried for 6 years on and off (he was in military and deployed for some of that time) to conceive. So this preganancy was a shock and a blessing. I know I am rambling on ...sorry...I just really needed to get my story out there. I don't really have anyone that can relate to my story and my husband is great it helps to have other ladies that have been through similar situations. If anyone has any advice...information...I would appreciate it. Also congrats to all the ladies that have conceived successfully! It is such a blessing.
Hello All, I'm a first timer posting. I had a D & E on Oct. 20th when I was 11wks 5days. Ultrasound revealed that baby stopped developing at 6wks 6days and they called it a blighted ovum - they couldn't see a fetus only a sac. I was devastated and still am! I went in a few days earlier for a vaginal discharge (it was watery) and they told me it was a yeast infection (YEAH RIGHT!) so the next day I was spotting and i called to tell them and they said not to worry that I was spotting b/c of the vag exam. So I tried not to freak out until the next day when I was spotting bright red blood. I went immediatley to the clinic and got an u/s that showed the results I mentioned.  Ended up going to the ER just to be told that I had to schedule the D & C for the next day...the worst part of all this was the waiting and finally realizing that weeks had gone by and my baby was already gone. I am trying to take things easy b/c I have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter and she needs her mommy to be strong. I am anxious to start trying but my doc said to please try to wait at least one cycle so that I can heal internally. I was going to try before my first period but the more I read the more I realize that I have to let my body heal...I think this is the hardest thing to do is wait. I am very hopeful after ready these posts. This has been my therapy, reading your stories. Thanks for sharing and may all of "us" be blessed very soon with another bundle.
hi just had a miscarriage on sunday night. i was twelve and a half weeks pregnant and im 19.  was loosing so much blood that they had to do the d&c there and then and they put me on a drip cos i nearly fainted.  i felt ok after the d&c and stayed in overnight.  came home yesterday but was in awful pain and still am. its a pain all over my body and im barely able to move or walk. its in my back, stomach, neck and arms. my throat keeps drying up aswell.  bleeding is not too bad but my stomach keeps making noises which sound something like a volcano errupting(might have exaggurated a little there). i went for my scan last monday, and they told me there was nothing in the sack and that i might miscarry in the next few weeks.  just want to know if anybody else has had pains like these and also if its ok to fly on friday its only a half hour flight.
Hi everybody. I am so glad to have found this site. For the past 2 1/2 months I have been on babycenter talking to other pregnant women who were due in May. Now I am here because 2 weeks ago I had a miscarriage. I was ten weeks along but the baby had died at 9 weeks. I knew something was wrong that last week of pregnancy, but physically I felt fine so against my better judgement I didn't call my dr. not that she could have done anything.

Anyway, I had the D&E two weeks ago and today I think I am ovulating.  I didn't think my cycle would start so quickly so I called the dr. and the nurse told me that it was entirely possible. I am so happy. My dr. told me we can start trying after I get one period, so if I get my period in 2 weeks we can start trying again. That is all I want to do now - get pregnant again. Has anyone gotten their period one month after their D&E? I didn't think it would happen so fast.

Anyway, I feel the pain of everybody who had a miscarriage. I realize how attached you can get to your baby in such a short time and they for no understandable reason they have to take it out of you. It is the most horrible pain in the world. My husband cried, but I don't think he felt it emotionally the way I did. Please know that my sympathies go out to all of you.

Amy Lynn
FAITH 06....So sorry to hear about you ordeal. I know how it is once your realize the baby has died that you thought was still living. My baby died shortly after my 8 1/2 week ultrasound but I did not know it till I was exactly 12 weeks. It has been devastating. The hard part I guess is thinking I had almost made it through the first trimester when in reality the baby had not been living for a while. Well I don't technically know the exact time the baby died. I do know it stopped growing right after my ultrasound so I will assume it died around the same time. I also know how it is for doctor's to tell you the wrong thing and that makes me so angry. I am going through a huge ordeal with my doctor and well her nurse especially. I have a follow up appointment tomorrow so we will see how it goes. It is such a long story. I posted on here a few days back. Don't know if you read it or not but since then I have found out some new information on why I may have miscarried. I am waiting for my doctor's appointment before I post anything though. Again I am really sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. This forum has helped me to. Even if I get no responses ...just telling my story helps. Hang in there and much blessings with trying to conceive again.
KBKJ....I can't imagine what you may be going through. I had a D&C as well but did not have any pain. In my opinon you need to contact your doctor ASAP. I can't imagine this would be normal. I am worried for you and don't even know you. Not to freak you out because I could be wrong. It just seems you shouldn't be having so much pain. Also I would not fly if you are still without asking the doctor first even if it is a 30 minute flight. I hope you get better but again at least let your doctor know what is going on to be on the safe side. Take care .
AmyLynn....So sorry for your loss as well...It is so devastating when something like this happens. I miscarried as well...I posted some of my story on here last week. As far as how soon you get your period ...I have read anywhere from 4-6 weeks. I have also read of some women ovulating in 2 weeks. I don't know for myself. These are only posts I have read on other sites. I have not got a period yet. It will be exactly 2 weeks tomorrow that I had my D&C. I wish you all the best and I hope you can heal and be happy and have a successful pregnancy. We all wish that for ourselves and pray that it will happen.
I definitely agree about going to the dr. after the d&c
you should not be in that much pain. also does anyone know if it possible to get your period a couple days after d&c
i barely bled after the surgery then i stopped for a day and the next day i had bleeding like a period for 2 days.  it was really weird. i had a d&c on 9/17 and still no period. the weird thing is ,is that i checked my ovulation calendar and if i counted the heavier bleeding day as my 1st day of period then my most fertile day was oct.6th which was the day i went for my check up and had sex for first time since surgery.  i have pg symptoms, but i'm scared. you just don't want to get your hopes up. i feel for everyone on this site and i'm glad we all have an outlet. keep strong.
This is my first time to write...I had a D&C nearly 2 years ago after giving birth to my son.  Two weeks after giving birth I had a high fever and was feeling terrible.  The doctor discovered that I still had placental matter in my uterus which hadn't come out with the afterbirth.  The D&C went fine and I was feeling better afterwards.  But since then I've noticed my periods are different (I have spotting for several days before the actual period) and I get an achey (achy) feeling "down there" which is unusual.  In the past I never had spotting, and my cycles were longer.  I"m not sure whether these are symptoms from the D&C or from changes after having a baby...or what.  Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has noticed changes after having a D&C like spotting between periods, changes in your period?  Another friend of mine who has had a D&C (and about to have another tomorrow) has noticed changes, too.  
I'm going for a D&C tomorrow. I had an ultrasound at 6 wks and saw the heartbeat and then went in on Friday 1/18 for a regular visit. The baby was there but no heartbeat. My Dr said something went wrong within the last few days because the measurements were 9wks. I'm choosing the D&C I can't wait any longer to wait to see if I will miscarry on my own. My Dr. told me we need to wait 3 months before trying again. This is so stressful since my fiance will be leaving in April to go to Iraq for 15months. I'm 32 so time is of essence. I'm going to discuss this further with here I'm hoping we can try in March and April. I will keep praying. Hopefully we can get pregnant before he leaves or when he comes home on leave.
I had a simular experience as you i went for my 12 week scan in Jan and found out that the baby had no heart beat and had died at 9 weeks. me and my husband were heart broken. we was told the same as you to wait 3 months before trying again. we waited and i fell again in May, however i had a m/c just over 2 weeks ago. i as 6 weeks pregnant. I did not need a D&C this time as i had a complete miscarrage (miscarriage). I am not waiting this time as i am 33 and know exactly what you mean by time being of the essence. I do not feel as though waiting helped last time. so fingers crossed for us both.
This is my first time posting a comment on this site.  First I wanted to thank everyone for sharing their personal stories as they have all helped me find strength and hope.  It is helpful to know that I am not alone.  

Right after Christmas 2007 I found out that I was pregnant and I called and scheduled a dr's appointment.  My husband and I were so excited.  Two days before the appointment I started bleeding.  It was light and the blood was pink.  I called the dr's office and they sent me for an u/s.  The u/s showed that I was 7 and 1/2 weeks but there was no heart beat.  Later that night I had horrible cramping and miscarried.  It was a complete m/c.  My husband and I were heartbroken.  At the end of September 2008 I discovered I was pregnant again.  I had been good about keeping track of my period since the m/c so I knew that I was almost 5 weeks along.  I went to my 1st dr's appointment at about 7 weeks and everything seemed fine.  I was given orders to schedule an u/s and my husband and I went for the u/s when I was 8 and 1/2 weeks pregnant.  To our surprise I was measuring about 7 and 1/2 weeks and there was no heartbeat.  We were completely devistated!  I think the second one hit us much harder b/c I did not have any symptoms of any problems and we were expecting everything to be okay.  Since I had no bleeding or cramping, my dr redid bloodwork to test hormone levels.  When they showed that the numbers had dropped, we scheduled a D&C.  I had the D&C the other day.  Physically I feel fine however emotionally I feel drained.  I hope that I can get pregnant again sometime soon. I am 30 and I am scared that if it doesn't happen soon I am going to be too old.  I am glad to know that I can get pregnant but it really doesn't seem to be easy for me.  I hope that this D&C will make it easier for me get pregnant in the near future and that the next time it will be a viable pregnancy.  Has any one heard whether or not D&C's make it easier for one to get pregnant?  And do they maybe help prevent another miscarriage?  I fully intend to ask my dr at my next appointment but if anyone out there has any information they could share I would appreciate it.

Best of luck to everyone who is pregnant again and to everyone who is ttc yet again.  
I had a D & C on March 20th 09" my husband and I are now trying for the last 2 months and has not been succesful at all. I also had a scare this month, I have my cycle for the 2nd time this month. Has anyone had this happen? I think it's stress, it scares.
Doctors typically say to wait a month or two after your miscarriage.  From what I've seen of the medical literature, it doesn't look like it's dangerous to start trying right away.

I am Jewish and our tradition says to wait two weeks.  I had a silent/missed miscarriage at 11 weeks.  No symptoms whatsoever.  As soon as my brain got the news (after the ultrasound) it must have told my body.  Within a week I had a natural miscarriage (painful!!!).

We waited the two weeks and are having unprotected sex again.  Isn't that a lot of information to share with a bunch of strangers!  :)  I've felt tired and barfy the past few days (MC was little over one month ago), and am wondering if that means I'm getting my period or something else.

I never posted a comment before but I had two misscarriages one at 6.5 months. I thought everything was fine but I went in to the doctors the day before my wedding and was excited to see how my little boy was doing and then the doctor couldn't find a heart beat and I felt like it was a horrible dream but the doctors confirmed it, my little baby boy was gone. So I called my guy and told him that I am going to the hospital since there was no heartbeat and I have to deliver our baby. I just remember that I had to call everyone and I cancelled our wedding. It was werid but the time I delivered my baby I was supposed to be saying I DO's. But anyways after that happen I got pregnant right away and this time I was determined not to let anything happen to this little baby but I started cramping and bleeding at 8weeks and I felt like there was something wrong but the doctors keept telling me that everything looks normal and the heartbeat was 185. So I was so happy and then my husband and I made appointment to see what the baby was and I was so nervous since what happen last time that I wanted him to go with me to the doctors. Then we went and waited forever it seemed and the doctors checked everything out then he couldn't find the heartbeat, and thats when I knew the baby was gone. I did ask the doctor if he can tell me what the baby was and it was a boy. Then I had my D & C eight weeks ago and still haven't had a period. So I believe that I am pregnant again. I want to take a test but I am so afraid if I am then I could have another misscarriage. But my thing is that God only gives you what you can handle and third times a charm. :)
I had a D & E at 15 weeks, because my twins were monoamniotic, which means they are identical twins, and they share one amniotic sac and one placenta. They were boys, we found out at 13 weeks, and at that ultrasound (6th) they were already dangerously tangled in each other's cords. Although both babies were measuring at 13 weeks, one baby had an enlarged bladder. It was very large and seemed very odd. My perinatologist said nothing except that it was enlarged. They were whispering to each other, the doctor and the sonographer, and I was in tears for my babies, knowing it wasn't a good sign. They set up another appointment for two weeks because there is nothing they can do for either baby this early, and in the same sac. So we waited, and at the next appointment they were both gone. I didnt know losing 2 babies I never got to meet would hurt so badly. I feel empty and heartbroken. I wanted nothing more in life than to have babies with my best friend, husband and love of my life. Now that I've had a D & E, I dont know how my body will tolerate another pregnancy. I've heard a lot of bad things and just hope they didnt mess my body up because they didnt even tell me the risks and now it's too late, already done. And at an abortion clinic, which I didnt expect and hope to never experience again.
I'm 19 and have jus suffered my 2nd miscaraige and had to have a ERPC on the 18th march 2009 same as as dc I think! I'm really devestated as I'm a nursery nurse and am already back to work and really started to feel the stress of will I ever have kids? Is it a problem with me :(  
Last Sunday (March 28th) I found out that I had missed miscarriage.I was 10 weeks but baby died at 8 weeks. I went to ER because small beading and I left with dead baby in my belly.I had D&C on Wednesday and they told me to wait with sex  for6 weeks and not to get pregnant for 3 months.Now I'm reading here that pregnancies happens right after procedure. This was my first pregnancy and it took me 1 year to conceive (I used DepoProvera shots in the past). Why do they want me to wait?
I had a missed miscarriage of mono/mono twins.  I had an US at 12 weeks (3/30/10) and they were fine and another US at 13 (4/6/10) weeks and no heartbeats.  I am completely heartbroken.  I had a D&C on (4/7/10).  they have also told me to obstain from sex for 6 weeks.  I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks back in december and started my period about 28 days later.  I am hoping to have a period in 28 days again.  They mentioned to maybe have 1 period before trying again.  I go to the doctor for my follow up appointment on Monday, 4/19/10.  I hope they do not tell me to wait 2-3 months.  I know that when I get pregnant again I will be terrified and I know that I will not be able to replace these twins, but I feel like the only way I will feel better is to be pregnant again.  I am so sad and heartbroken.
Well, I'm going to use myself as an experiment. I had my D&C 4/22 and I...well we'll say tried ;) for the first time last night. I'm not going to try again though because I might have a change in plans. We've miscarried twice now and only one D&C. I'll let you know how it goes. It's been less than 2 weeks since the D&C.
And there's the answer. Positive test after one try a week and change after my D&C as the conception date! :)
How is it all going now?
This all has been extremely hard.

I had a missed miscarriage in June this year. I thought I was 12 weeks along but the ultrasound showed that I was only 7 weeks and there was no heartbeat. When I was just 3-4 weeks along, we had to go to the ER because i had ..like a light brown spotting and we had a U/S done there...we saw the heartbeat and heard it..and..knowing that our precious baby was alive and isn't any more is the hardest.

I had a D&C right after I found out because they said it had already been 4 weeks since the baby died. The D&C wasn't as painful as I had imagined. I did feel like I was hit by a car the first day..experiencing pain EVERYWHERE. Its been a week TODAY since my D&C and I am very encouraged by all of these posts ti keep my chin up and try again when my body is ready.

I am in the military, and next time I get pregnany,,, I will be getting out because that is the hardest part of being a woman in the military. You are expected to be strong, keep your bearing..and not cry..but this is without a doubt the hardest thing I have ever experienced.

Also, a positive pregnancy test right after a D&C usually just means that there are still hCg levels still currently in your body. When you are pregant, every day they duplicate. BUT after a D&C you're body still acts as if it is pregnant and the numbers, instead of duplicating, knock down on a daily basis. It is supposed to take 4 weeks usually to release all of your hCg levels
Hi, i have just been reading all your comments and decided to post too... i had a D & C after a missed misscarriage on 2nd June (9 weeks), heartbeat had stopped at 8+3. I have not had a period since and last week i tested positive! How far on could i be? Anyone else in the same situation? Thank you all in advance xx
Hi , i had M/C on july 16 ,the dc said that we can try right a way , so we have been trying , i wish i can get pregnant soon :)
I am 27 and recently had a D&C last Wednesday after no heartbeat of mono/mono twins.  Thiswas our first pregnancy.  I was 11 weeks pregnant but only measuring 6 and the heartbeats had stopped.  The doctor told me to wait one cycle before trying again.  The D&C went very well; no pain and only light bleeding which has stopped.  Does anyone know of anyone who has had mono/mono twin miscarriage and become pregnant with twins again?  Has anyone become pregnant right away after a D&C and had a successful pregnancy?  My doctor didnt explain why to wait but she called and said everything was normal that came back from the D&C.  I want to be pregnant again as soon as possible but want to take the right precautions.  Suggestions?
Waiting one cycle after a D&C is good because they scrape out the lining.  So if you get pregnant before your first period the baby can have a hard time attaching increasing your chances at another miscarriage.

I had a D&C at about 11 1/2 weeks when hte baby stopped at 6 1/2 weeks too, it's not easy, I'm so sorry for your loss!  We waited until I got my period (I had the D&C on Nov 30th and got my Period on Dec 30th).  We got pregnant on the first try and I'm now just about 34 weeks with one healthy baby.  As for your chances for another twin pregnancy, my guess is it's about the same as before.  I haven't seen any solid research on women having twins after a miscarriage, but I have heard stories of women who get pregnant shortly after a miscarriage and have twins (when they are in there 20's and have no family history of twins).

My suggestion is make sure your emotionally ready to be pregnant again, if you are then start trying (although I do also suggest to wait until you get your period before trying again).
I lost my first baby at 8wk on 28th August, went for a D&C surgery on 30th August.  

I was devastated like everyone here.  

My gynea has informed us to wait for 1 cycle before ttc again.  While waiting for my first cycle, I am taking traditional chinese medicine to prepare my body for the next pregnancy.

It is comforting to find this blog where everyone of us know how it REALLY feels during tough time like this. The WAITING thing, SEEING expectant mothers..etc.

I want to take this chance to tell everyone here, including myself, not to give up nor be discouraged, as the saying goes, "There is always a Rainbow after the Rain.'

I went to the doctor last week on Tuesday Sept. 14th to my 12 week US to hear the babies heartbeat. But there was no heartbeat. We had seen the babies heartbeat at my 8 week US. I had a missed miscarriage and had to have a D and C on Thursday Sept. the 16th. This was my first pregnancy so my husband and I were devistated! We want to try again, but  not sure to wait until I have period first. I go to the doc. in 2 weeks and he said if check up is good can have sex again. just not sure how to calculate ovulation without a period. Reading all of the other post were very inspiring and uplifting. So Im ready to try again just dont know when.
Hey I just found this site and its given lots of hope for this month. I'm 22yo I have a 2yo daughter and have been ttc baby #2. I had a Mc because of blighted ovum, on 30june and had a suction curett the next day. Should have been  8 weeks. We were so devastated. We just wanted to ttc again. It took 10 long weeks for af to return and finally we are ttc. I'm currently on CD19 and looking forward to test day. Anyone fallen pregnant in the first month of ttc?
i am debating on taking a pregnancy test, we found out that we were 8 weeks pregnant on october 20th, only to find out on 11-1-2010 that we had lost our baby at 9 weeks, i waited until the 17th to have a d&c and then had a very rough go, i couldnt stop bleeding and finally had to have another D&C on 12/21/2010 and then bled until 1/8/2011 had u/p/s that day and the first few days after. we were not TTC when we got pregnant, and we are not TTC now, my husband doesnt want to have anymore kids and I do. so we are still in the debating cycle. i am thinking that i could probably test next week and see if it is positive, i know on the 5th i had a neg. HcG test from my dr, and i didnt start having sex until the 8th, so if i am positive of the dates that we would have gotten pregnant..
i recently had a miscarriage on feb 19th , at my first ultrasound they found that the baby had no heart beat and that it may have passed at 8 and a half weeks.. this was my first baby and of course this was so unexpected and i cried for days..i asked myself how in the hell did this happen..i was scheduled for and d and c on the 25th of feb and everything went ok..i had some spotting after for about two weeks and then it stoppped..i wasn't so much in a hurry to get pregant again, i will let my body tell me when its ready to carry one..the emotional toll on any woman for this subject is something words can't describe..i mean u dream of the day and when something like this happens, everything goes out the window..your courage to move on is timeless...but to all good blessings return to those who wait for them...so i count my blessings everyday and i made a promise to myself to live, breath,and laugh for the baby i lost..cause if he or she was here they would want me to...so i continue to pray and livie life for any baby that couldn't cry hard enough to come into the world and experience it....ladies keep your head up, pray everyday not just to become pregnant for your own mental and physcial well being...we need that comfort nd that close relationship with God and believe me he hears all that we go through and he is not giving up on bringing his children into this world at all,,,i will pray for others who just can't pray and more for themselves and for those who want to give up...take care and life,,for every moment in life...
I recently miscarriage also last July29.now its going to 2 weeks and i still have spotting..i will wait the day when im prepare to have a baby again...right now im still sad and depress knowing my 1st baby is already gone... Good luck for all of us...
Actually I am very confused,I was preg 10 weeks, I had sex with my husband on 16/10 and had a D and C on the 18/10, its been one week since but the wierd thing is I feel pregnant, yesterdat I vomited (25/10) and I am getting all the pregnancy symptoms again...is it possible to be pregnant?I know my body and I feel prego...I will wait untill 1 month to do a hcg preg test..but I was wondering if any of you have heard about any such thing as that.. Thank you for your replies.
Hi all I had a d&c on the 31st of jan after losing our baby at 11 weeks. We were told by our doc we could start trying straight away. For last 4-5 days I have been cramping and for the last two I have had a few drops of browny/pinkish blood. Could I be implanting?
very scared right now just had a d&c in feburary,2013 now i am pregnant again 2 months later praying my baby is okay this time dont want to feel that heart ache again