Maternal & Child Community
Pregnant after an ablation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Viewing 601-739 comments:
I would not recommend to anyone having there tubes tied. I would go another route for BC. That is what led me to getting an ablation b/c it made my periods so much worse. I have been to so many doctors for so many different symptons, of which all started after I had my tubes tied. Do some research on PTLS (post tubal ligation syndrome) before you decide to have your tubes tied. I wish i never would have had it done.
I too was terrified of the thought of a c-section. The only way I would be able to see my daughters birth is if I opted for a spinal block, therefore I was totally awake thru the c-section and hysterectomy!  It was not bad at all. I was actually really peaceful during the whole thing. Too be honest I had a harder time recovering from my first daughters birth, due to tearing and stitches.
hi all hope you are all doing well, thanks for the input ashworth  :o)
well i seen yet another dr yesterday as mine had cancelled his clinic, so i seen another gyne she was lovely and did her best to answer my questions, i had a microwave ablation in december 2007 aparantly i have a one in 40,000 chance of conceiving the fact that i only have very light periods and they have only just started doesnt increase my risk,
she said that because of the scar tissue from the ablation and previous surgerys for cysts and endrometrios the damage to my uterus is beyond repair and would not cope with a pregnancy.
i have to go for further scans on febuary 19th vaginal and abdominal so they can check my cyst if it has grown they will then book me in for surgery it will be then that they will decide if its worth saving my ovary or not.
so it seems whatever way i will not be having any more babies :o(
love and light
michelle x
How are you doing?

I had a lot of contractions Wed. night. They were about 5 minutes apart but never were painful. I figured they were just more Braxton Hicks.  I took a shower and went to bed, wondering if I would be going to L&D that night.  I made it through. :-)
I had a Dr. appt that next morning. She frowned that I didn't call, but my cervix is still a-o-k.  She told me to drink lots more water and if the contractions happen again to drink 3 huge glasses of ice cold water which should help them to stop.  
  She also said she had been talking to my specialist and there is only one part of the uterus/placenta that is of concern, so if they can get it separated then I will not need the hysterectomy.
I hope everything is looking as good for you.

Jodi
Hi All!!  I hate not having internet access at home!!  My ears get to ringing though and I come here and there is always someone wondering!!  

Stacy I am SO glad to hear things are still progressing for you!  WHAT A BLESSING!! I have continued to keep you in my prayers and constantly wonder how you are doing.

Jody glad you are hanging in there!! I continue to fight with my blood pressure and sugar levels!!  It is all so very frustrating but will do whatever it takes to make sure my boy is healthy as he can possibly be!!!  Sugars do just as they said just keep going up as hormones go up! Blood pressure has been doing better since I have found out I was dilated and have stayed down!!

Found out last week that cervix is opening i am dilated between 2 and 3 and starting to thin and Kegan was 4lbs.  Specialist says he does not feel we need to start steriods yet! Hope thats the right move.  I saw OB today but he did not check me he said he did not want to stir things up anymore!!  OB says my days are numbered he would see me next week if not before!  They have said no accreta which is a blessing!!  I start surviellance at the specialist next Wed.  I will do my best to come back and check on you all and give an update!!  I usually only get to a computer on doctor days!

For those of you trying to get pregnant PLEASE consider all the risk factors because all the crud makes for a VERY LONG pregnancy and there are enough concerns in a perfectly normal pregnancy!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!  KEEP REMEMBERING GOD IS IN CONTROL NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE WANT TO BE!! He will continue to take care of us all and His little miracles He has created!!
So happy to hear from you!!  Glad to hear you are still hanging in too.  Hopefully Kegan will be patient a little longer.  A co-worker had her baby at 32 weeks and she didn't even require oxygen.  I think we are both pretty much safe if they decide not to wait.

Are you going to have a c-section or are they letting you go vaginally?  I would be so scared that they miss any part of an acretia and the placenta does not separate.

If everything continues as planned my c-section will be at 38 weeks (between March 20 and 26th).  

Keep hanging in there girl!

Jodi
Hey all, just to let ya know, we're still hanging i there :o) 26 weeks 4 days today. I've been knitting blankets to keep my mind occupied and haven't been on the net too much. I already have one done and am working on another :o) I get another ultrasound done on Monday. I had a real rough night the other night with several hurs of contractions. I am now dilated to 2. But we're confident all will go well :o)

I still don't have any details on having a c-sect or not.

Girlpower I'm SOOO glad to hear from you. I've been praying for you as well. Everything will be JUST fine!! :o)

JP drink lots of fluids everyday. Dehydratin alone can cause contractions. You don't have to be thirsty to be dehydrated. Truthfully, you should be using the restroom at least every 1 1/2 to 2 hours or less. I know that's a lot, but that's how you know you're not dehydrated :) Keep water at your bedside and drink everytime you wake up. I'm glad you're still hanging in there :o)

Stacy

It's been a long time since my first posting. I have an appointment next week for a hystersoscopy. I had my first appoinment last month with an OBGYN Specialist. I told him about my ablation and how my periods returned to normal the next month following the surgey. He was very optimistic and doesn't see any reason why I should not be able to have a sucessful pregnancy. He ordered the hystereoscopy to look at my uteine lining and my tubes, to ensure all looks good. Has anyone else had this procedure done? If so, I'd love some insight on how it went and if I should ask any particular questions. Thanks for sharing your stories, this sight has given me so much hope. I have all of you preganant mommies in my thoughts and prayers, take care.....~Stacey~
I'm trying to drink as much as possible. Seems like lately, though, that if I keep drinking then there is no room to eat. I fill up so fast. I do drink everytime I wake at night.

I took the day off today (and came home early yesterday). More of a mental health day than anything else.  I am just so tired and have been finding myself alot less patient with my students and my own kids.  I feel really bad about it because I am not one to fuss at my kids. I chewed out someone at the credit card company yesterday (but the more I yelled, the better response I got).  Then I just cried. My hormones are really screwed up I guess.

I slept until after 9 this morning and am just going to putter around doing little things today and resting all weekend. Hopefully on Monday I will feel better.

Are they still giving meds to stop  the contractions?  

Jodi

Wow Jodi~ you slept in til NINE! How dare you! :) I just wish i could take both of you under my wing down here in Florida! I'd wait on both of you hand and foot and you could be getting some much needed sunshine and warm weather! I am just in awe of how you both are doing so well ! Like I've said before, I am such a hospital/needle phobe, that I would never have made it through what you have endured, Stacey!
I am so proud of you both! I feel like we are all so close( Jewell and Allison, too) that I wish we could get together for one big baby shower and you girls could get SPOILED!
Holly- I am all for that idea, especially the Florida part!  Must be nice living in paradise.  We had a heat wave of 51 yesterday and it was sooo nice!  To you that probably seems chilly.  We normally spend a couple of weeks a year down in Florida and we decided to skip this year because it's so hard with Ava and she's too little to do the Disney things yet.  

Stacey and Jodi-  There are sooo many things I have from Ava that you are both welcome to have.  Jodi-I could mail them to you if you are interested.  Stacy- I could meet your hubby somewhere to drop them off. Jodi-  I have sooo many little girl clothes that would be great for Josie.  Let me know, I would truely love to do it.  It's such a shame to only use these things once.  They out grow clothes and toys so fast it's unbelievable.
Hi, I have not had thay procedure done but I do go monday for an ultrasound. They want to see how thick my specialist wants to see how thick my lining is after the ablation and if there is any scar tissue. They have had many women come in with an ablation and he says it is possible to have a successful pregnancy with an ablation if your lining rejunvinates itself, which can also be stimulated with hormones. They say if it has grown back to a thickness of 7mm that you should have no problem.
I had the hysterscopy today and the doctor said the uterine lining looks good and tubes look good (clear) with not too much scar tissue, he saw a lot of pink, good news!  He went on to say that if he didn't know I had the ablation, he would not have known the scaring he saw was related, very minimal.

The bad news was my cervix had a lot of scar tissue and this could be why I have not suceeded at getting pregnant. However, he said the procedure I had today may help, as he opened my cervix in order to view my uterus, thus making an opening through the scarring. He reccomended to keep trying the old fashion way to conceive and if nothing happens by July, he can insert a catherter around ovulation and inject my husbands sperm through the cervix to the tubes.

I have a post op appointment next week to formally review the results, he also took a biopsy and the results will be in.

I'll keep you posted, I'm excited about the possibility, he was very positive. Although he did say he does not reccomend getting pregnant because so little informtion is available regarding preganancy after ablation, he supports my decision and understands. I feel very good about this. Keeping all you mommies to be in my thought and prayers!
Thanks for the offer, but it would be so expensive to ship. I wanted to order 3 curtain panels from Babies R Us as they were a really good price on clearance.  Would you believe they wanted $36 to ship them to me!  I didn't order them. A friend is making some for me.

My school through me a shower today. It was really nice and I got lots of  cute stuff.  I also found out that some friends are throwing me a shower on the 28th. It is supposed to be a surprise, but my husband is the world's worst secret keeper :-)

I had a specialists appt yesterday. Josi is 4 pounds 4 oz. Everything is looking good. My blood pressure was the lowest I think it has been in over a decade (127/72 : with meds of course).  She was asking me the history of the ablation and my cycles after.  She said she went to a conference and was asking every dr. she talked to if they had any patients preg. after an ablation...none had.  She is considering starting a study. I really encouraged her to do it. I told her about this forum and the different situations we are all having (or had).  I told her of those on here trying to conceive.  She grimaced.  Hopefully she will start something.

Stacy, you still hanging in there?

Jodi
I am still here :o) 28 weeks today!! WOO HOO

They sent me home on Tuesday. OMG what a friggin relief! Of course I am on bed rest still. I can get on the computer (table top) but can only do it very limited amounts of time. My cervix has closed up some on the inside which is what allowed me to come home. OMG I can NOT begin to tell you all how wonderful it is to be home!! Our goal is to make it past March! I can't have any more birthdays in March! LOL I am glad to hear you ARE getting some baby showers! Nothing like starting over eh? LOL

JP, LOL on the credit union issue! I mean really, don't they know not to mess with a pregnant woman?! I know exactly what ya mean on the mood swings. Every other day I'm crying and the days I'm not? I'm bitching. **sigh** I'm not a normal complainer or a cryer so this is all so strange to me. I feel left out of everything. Hubby won't let me do a damn thing or let me go anywhere! I could just kick him ya know. What does he know? LOL

Hellodian, I would LOVE to come to Florida! :o) It is so cold here. Yes we did have that heat wave a few days ago, but all that did was flood my basement :o( I would love to have someone to laugh with all day. This sitting around with all these boys who haven't a clue is for the birds! LOL But MUCH better than the hospital!

Jewell, bless your precious heart! (Yours too Hellodian!!) We are having a baby shower hopefully the end of March. One of my bestest girlfriends is puting it on for us. THANK GOD! I was worried we wouldn't get one in. I will send you my home # and we can talk ;o)

So, I do belive we have settled on a name. We have been calling him this name for over a month now. Longest timeframe we've agreed on one so I think it's safe to say we have his name.

Gabriel Lee after the angel in the bible :o) I LOVE IT!!! Hubby even got a tattoo of an angel on his side :o)

((((HUGS)))) I will get on every few days to check in and to update :o)

So glad to hear everyone doing SO very well!!

Stacy

WOO HOO! You are at home! How awesome! I know you and the family must be thrilled.

Let hubby do it all now. Soon things will be back to normal...I know I am taking great advantage of it :-)  I can imagine how protective he must be. Mine won't let me go anywhere alone for fear something will happen (and I've been perfectly fine).

I'm really beginning to believe I might just make it to my scheduled date.  I'm 33 weeks 3 days today. Only 5 weeks to go!!

Beautiful name!!

Jodi
Stacy- Great news and I too love his name!  That is great you are having a shower.  Once you know what you have gotten check with me before you buy anything.  I have some big ticket items (barely used I might add) that you are welcome to have.  Let me know.

Jodi- Have they scheduled a tentative date for the c-section yet?  Enjoy your time, cause 5 weeks will fly by fast!
JP1968- When I was pregnant my doctor gave us a study on pregnancy after ablation. I believe it was from London or somewhere. Everything I read was negative so I threw it away and did alot of praying. Our doctor has now done a study of her own and it was presented to the Global Congress of Minimally Invasive Gynocology in Las Vegas this past October. Your doctor can google it to find information but he or she needs to pay for the article.

StacyJ922- I love your baby's name. Our baby's name is Isaac Lee. Congrats on coming home.

I love to read how everybody is doing on this site. I just don't comment too often as life is very busy.
Everything you ladies are going through during your pregnancies is totally worth it. You will look back someday and never regret your decision to go forward.

Good Luck to all!
Lisa
has anyone gotten pregnant after having a novasure procedure? I had the procedure done in 2005 and now I want to have a baby
hi all, congrats to u all that r prego & doing well!!
i had an ablation 1 yr ago,, i hafnt had a period for 6 wks so i took a home preg test & it came back positive, i called the dr. on monday morning & by 3 that afterboon i had my first U/S im 5 wks preg. the left side of my uterus grew back & the baby planted rite in the best spot,, praise God,, its gonna be rough & the chances are slim but it all looks Great !!! My dr, never saw nothing like it either & they r setting up a whole team to watch my progress every 4 wks to start then every 2 & so on.. Im praying alot & my bf is so excited ,, it can be done ! good luck to uall,, Ill keep u posted :)
Congratulations fingerpaints!  I found out I was pregnant three months after my ablation.  I was shocked to say the least.  I miscarried it after 7 weeks.  Since then I had to have a second ablation to control heavy periods and excessive bleeding. this was one year ago.    I still continue to have a regular period but none of the problems or pain from before.  I know that for the first time in a very long time I am ovulating.  I have two children and am happily married.  I had the procedure out of neccessity.  I was told it was this or a hysterectomy.  I was only 27 at the time.  Now, I am wishing that I could have just gotten preg quickly and had my third child.  I am very aware of the risks to both mother and baby.  I am unsure how to ask my doc if this is a viable option.  

I wish all of you that are expecting the best of luck.  You are all truly blessed.  
Hi girls! I am SO happy to hear you are home Stacy! Things are still going very well for me! No complications from the surgery just the same old bloodpressure problems even with lots of meds this week it has gone back up but dr not to concerned! I see ob and spec every wk! Kegan looked great in ultrasound yesterday! Dr has not checked to see if i have dilated any further but have been havin a lot of contractions!   God bless you all! everyone keep hanging in there!
Just got the date today--Tuesday, March 24th.  Only 32 days!

Jodi
Kegan! What an awesome name!
I will let my specialist know about the study. What is your Dr.'s name?

Jodi
I had the novasure procedure done in the summer of 2005.  I will be 34 weeks tomorrow. My pregnancy has gone exceptionally (and suprisingly) smooth. Any issues I have had are not related to the surgery.  I do have one spot that shows the placenta has attached to the uternine wall.  My Dr.'s think they will be able to separate the placenta and uterus, but will be ready to do a hysterectomy if needed.  

Until there is more information available I would not encourage anyone to get pregnant on purpose.  I do believe that only those who have "failed ablations" will become and stay pregnant.  

Jodi
Counting the days!  Congratulations :)
CONGRATULATIONS! I too am having a very successful pregnancy after ablation! My dr is very surprised and says I must have a huge prayer group and I have! I will keep you in my prayers stay positive and always know God is a powerful God He has His own agenda! I truely believe these lil ones are true miracles of God!
I started a Yahoo! Group on pregnancy after ablation:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pregnancy_After_Ablation/

Would love to share information.
-M
My doc name is Dr. Janice Alexander. From Arcadia WI
Good Luck!
I'm back !  After several nasty weeks, I'm finally able to get to my computer.  I'm now 16weeks.  We went for the Maternal Fetal risk accessment and I have to say I love my Drs..   She told me once you factor out the high risk women ( such as age and ones whom choose to terminate : (   we have as good a chance as anyone of making it to the save zone.)   I've been told starting March 16th (the big u/s) I'll be seen every other week.  Unless they notice a problem on the 16th than they'll take it as needed.      I've been told already they will not let me risk normal deliverly.  I was told by my specialist there is no way to actually see an acertia, so automatic C-section I've actually asked for a hyster and was denied unless there is an acertia, they don't want to risk it with all the extra blood flow. Strange, 5 kids vaginally and the last one gets me with the c-section !

Stacy- congrats on coming home !   and I love the name.  

I have a gut feeling my little trooper is a boy so we've beening calling him Caleb for now. Hope I'm right !

Good luck all. I'll try really hard not to be off the computer so long next time.  
To Momma of 6:

Congrats and glad you are back.
I asked my Dr. about just going ahead and doing the hysterectomy even if they could actually seperate the one spot they are concerned about, but she said it is too risky.  I am wondering what my cycles will be like after the baby...if this is a "failed ablation" will they be like they were after the ablation (which I wouldn't complain about) or go back to what they were before.  If they go back, I will be looking at a hysterectomy in a year or so.

Jewell:
You had a hysterectomy, right?

Lisa827:
Can't remember..did you have a hysterectomy?

I'm wondering who hasn't who could possibly shed light on what there cycle is like after birth.

I did have a hysterectomy, allthough they left too much cervix and I still get a light monthy cycle.  That really stinks!  I was soooo excited to be done w/ all the monthly business.  If they do the hysterectomy insist they take out the cervix as well.
Are the signs and symptoms for pregnancy the same after the EA and tubal ligation? I had the ea in july 08 and haven't had a period since but for about the past week or so I've been having a lot of lower back pain, lil nausea and rather kind of up and down when it comes to my mood, also have been so tired it's ridiculous. I feel like I did when I was pregnant with my son. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
I did not have a hysterectomy although I asked for one. We delivered in the Mayo Medical Facility in Rochester MN. This is the research capital in the nation. (We only delivered there because our hometown hospital could not handle a preterm baby and it was close)

In Rochester the docs chose to cut and scrape my uterus then shove it all back inside as my husband puts it.

I do have monthly periods again but they are not nearly as heavy as before the ablation. I also have no pain with them. So I can't complain. I do not think my ablation was a failure because I had so much relief after. My doc says if they ever start to be heavy again she will perform the surgery again.

Also to ALL:  All this talk about the woman with octuplets has got me sick to my stomach. I think Oprah should interview all the woman on this site who truly have little miracles and are not looking for a handout!!
Congratulations fingerpaints!!

JP, your date is the day after my daughter's B-Day :o) WOO HOO!. Man I'm so excited you've made it this far without a hitch :o)

Girlpower, WTG on your progress! Glad to see you still coming and posting good news :o)

WB mommyof6. Glad to hear you're coming along as well!

Update: Still out of the hospital! I know, isn't it GREAT! The even better news is, most women, once let out, give birth within a week of release. We are a week past that point even! I feel pretty confident we may make it to full term! WOO HOO!! I feel great. Other then the lower pressure on my pelvis and now my back pain is getting worse :o( Contractions have been small and long durations in between. Went to the doc's last Tuesday. I am measuring 30 weeks and was 28 weeks. How awesome. I've gained entirely too much weight ughh :o( He ordered me some stockings for the swelling in my legs and a maternity belt. The place called today to let me know my maternity belt FINALLY made it in. Holy cow, good thing I wasn't falling out down there! LOL  All in all, doctor says I'm doing great! He said I could cook sitting down... woo hoo! Finally, I can be of some use around here :o) Hubby is STILL taking very good care of me. Pushes me off the couch and out of bed when I need it :o) LMAO! Gotta luv 'em for that.

I just REALLY want to thank everyone for all the encouragement and well wishes you've given me and everyone else here. We have alot of people that think we are all nuts. We are the ONLY ones who know we are in this til the end! THANK YOU! I believe without a place for us to tell our stories and let loose our fears, this road would be a LONG and VERY scarey one!

Stacy

The signs of being pregnant were the same for me. ( I only had EA no tubial yet) I had what we are assuming was a period about a month or so before I concieved. But I think there were some women who didn't even have that.  Best advise is get the blood test done, my doctors office ( my PCP)  had a hard time even believing that when it came out positive.  Do not wait ! These little ones need way more than normal prenatal care, best to know as early as possible.
Hey ladies its been a couple of long scary days! BUT We now have a very handsome 6 lb 4 oz 18.5 in lil prince, Kegan Ned! he was born on the 24th via c-section, my OB was able to remove placenta with his hands and burn uterus 2 stop bleeding. (like ablation sorry i still under influence of pain med n mag sulfate cant rem everything dr said) They decided to take kegan cuz i had preeclampsia and my bp was extremely high tues morning. He assessed at 35 wks lungs not quite ready!
Sorry girls I am usin phone 4 internet! I am doin ok did not have any complications from ablation surgery it was all the same things I always have! Thank God cuz they had prepared us for some bad things! They did have to put him on vent for bout 24hrs but now he is off of it and seems to be doing very well! He fits the true gestational diabetic baby he has the most adorable chubby cheeks! God bless you all!                                Stacy and Jody keep hanging in there!
Congrats and Thank God you are both Ok!  What a big baby for 35 weeks.  He would have been a 10 lb baby I'll bet.  Great news, keep us updated!
Yeah!! Congratulations!  Thank God you are both ok.  Kegan sounds absolutely wonderful.  Hope your recovery is quick.  Post again when you can.

Jodi
Thank you all! Yes i am known for large babies even w/o GD I delivered my 1st at just a couple days past 32 wks and she was 5 lbs 11 oz! Kegan is doing a lil better each day but his resp rate is still very high so wont even begin feeding him till that settles down! As for me this was my first section and i dont know if its cause dr did some tuggin and pullin or what but God bless those of you that have always delivered via section cause I am sorry! I know it was 4 the sake of lives as my doc put it but OUCH
hi ladies, im now 6 wks & doing good, i have had 2 u/s and looks like ill be havin many more to come, i got to hear the heart beat wensday, it was amazing me and mikie both cried its such a blessing,, im more sick than i ever was with my other 2 but its so worth it, im scared, just want to get past these next few weeks and hpefully baby will still be fine! im loving being prego, its so different this time, like gods hands are really on me ! i realise that its gonna be hard but you all are such an insperation to me , i no i just need to stay positive & let god be god !! ill keep you posted,, thank you all & good luck !!
charity
I went to the bathroom this afternoon to find that i had a brown staining. It's the 1st I guess you'd call bleeding since my ea in July besides the right after. I didn't know if that would be any indication of pregnancy or not. Still really exhausted a lot lower back pain and everything as before. got a hpt to do tom'w morning.

Also Wanted to say Congratulations to everyone who have delivered their little miracles!
i went to the hospital last night... they believe it's a cyst that's causing all my problems
WOOO HOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy to hear the good news :o) Kiss that baby lots for me!! :o)

iluvbabyj, hang in there girl. Take it easy and try not to stress. Brown discharge is old blood anyway ;o)

Update: I have a doc's appt tomorrow. We are now 30 weeks :o) Still doing good!

Stacy

I've been reading your forum for the last couple of months and I must tell everyone how happy I am for impending joyous arrivals and/or the wonderful news of your new babies.  

I am 46 years old, had my tubes tied 18 yrs ago and a microwave ablation over 3 years ago.  I have 3 grown children, recently divorced and have found a truly wonderful man to spend the rest of my life with.  Here's the dilema:  he's 36 and never had children.  He's always wanted to have kids but without the sad details, it just hasn't happened yet.  I wanted so badly to have a child with him so I started doing research on if it's at all possible for me.  I figured with my tubal ligation, I'd just be looking at IVF.  Then I realized that the ablation may not allow me to sustain a pregnancy at all.  That's when I found this forum.

Your wonderful success stories have given me such hope.  Luckily, I never stopped bleeding after my ablation (at the time I didn't think it was lucky! lol).  At this point, I have heavy bleeding and it's still coming monthly.. almost like clock work!

I understand that at my age, my eggs may be powdered by now (he and I joke about that lol) and I'm willing to consider an egg donor if necessary but now that I have the hope of being able to carry a child, it has brightened my world.. and his as well.

So thank you all for sharing your stories, information, updates, and most of all, the glimmer of hope that I needed.

Petunia  (the nickname of hopefully, our little girl...someday)
OMG congratulations !  That's a big boy. I'll be praying everything works out perfect for you, but it sounds like it already has.  
Thanks for the heads up on the C-section, this is going to be my first. My vag deliveries were so easy I was scared of what was to come. Thanks for being honest, I'll be sure to have my pain meds lined up.  

to iluvbabyj:

Oh the situation sounds so familiar.  That's what they sent me for all kinds of testing for about a month or so b4 I got prego when all trouble started, they kept telling me it has to be a cist, or endro. or something...   turns out it was just my body "changing"  guess sometimes the Dr's just don't know. It did help me out in the long run, they did a measurement of my lining that was a blessing to know what I was actually working with, and the did an endro biopsy ( can you say ouch ! DR was in a hurry and did numb me! Needless to say this is also the DR I now refuse to see.)

I'm now 17.5 weeks and counting and omg all of a sudden my belly is sticking out like crazy.  Less than 2 weeks till we find out what my little miracle is, I'm so excited.    
How thick of a measurment have some of you gotten that have had your lining measured. Right now after the ablation 3 years ago mine is only measuring 3.2 right now. I am not sure when u have an ablation if it makes it a 0 and it has grown to a 3.2 of if it just redues it. My specialist said for a pregnancy to attach they like to see at least a thickness of 7.
The only tests they did were blood and urine.. And the Dr I had in the Er was just guessing around answers... It was so frustrating... They put me on a medicine that's suppose to help a cyst and vicodin for my back...  I think it's because I have no insurance now that they wouldn't do anything else... My husband just got laid off so along with the job went the insurance... Working on getting new... Also Congrats on the pregnancy you'll stay in my prayers!!  You're a big help!!
I haven’t been on in a while.  But I have some news.  I went to a new doctor and she is very optimistic for me!  I see her again tomorrow and she will be doing an ultrasound to check my lining.  I am so nervous.  I do get periods, but very light and only for about 3 days.  I had my ablation in March of 07 and in August of 08 I started getting periods.  They are usually 21-24 days apart, this month I got it after 18 days and I was so hopeful hat it was implantation bleeding, but I spoke about 7 HPT’s and they were all negative.  I love to hear all your stories of pregnancy and I wish you all the best of luck.  

I will let you know after tomorrow morning what the outcome is of my sonogram!  I have butterflies in my stomach and I just can’t believe how nervous I am.
I went for my ultra sound today and it was jsut that. I thought I would have answers today, but the tech did my ultra sound and the doctor will callme with the results. I was a little disappointed but I can wait!
I don't remember what my thickness number was. I go back to the Doctors on the 16th. I'll ask them at that point and let you know.
Had a Dr. appt. today (my reg. OB).  Kind of concerned with the baby's size (though everything else looks good). She is only 4 1/2 pounds  and I will be 36 weeks tomorrow.  I will see both Dr.'s next week. She said if she doesn't grow this week they will consider taking her earlier.  My concern is that my Dr. will be in Portugal next week.. I wasn't very happy to hear that.  Hopefully she grows and stays in another week (or more) at least until my Dr. comes back.  

My previous babies were 7lb 7oz and 8 lbs.  No, I don't smoke.  Could be related to my blood pressure or the placenta issues?

Jodi
Jodi
Try not to worry, some babies are just smaller.  My first daughter was full term at 6 lbs.  and my son was 6 lbs 13 oz and Ava was 8 lbs. 2 weeks early.  Allthough you would prefer your Dr., I am sure the other Dr.'s in the practice have been continually updated on your situation.  When I went in to the hospital w/ preterm labor I was surprised at how people new of my case and some of my nurses were excited to meet me because they had already signed up for my surgery that was two months away.  Point being,  I am sure everybody in your practice and at the hospital are prepared to take good care of you and your baby girl.  
Since my first period when I was 13 I have suffered from horrendous cramps. Every month I would have to stay home for at least 2 days cause I couldn't walk. Was addicted to pain killers by the age of 19. In 2004 I had an ablation at the age of 25. The doctor then put a IUD in to ensure I did not get pregnant. About 3 years after I started to shed again. The cramps are back as bad as before. Now as a full time working employee I'm forced to learn how to live with the pain. When I went to get the IUD removed the doctor was unable to remove it without causing sever pain. She then set up an appointment to freeze me then remove it. Well she was unable to remove it then as well. She has determined that scar tissue has grown over the IUD and really can't honestly say how effective it is as birth control now. in 1 week I[m going under, again for the 3rd time. She will attempt to cut out the IUD if at all possible. She said shes about 70% sure she can do it. If she can't she will cut the string short and tie my tubes. I am 29 years old. Pain killer free for 6 years now. I have no children, and I would prefer they remove the whole thing. Due to my age, and the fact I have no babies they will not remove it.

I'm not bitter about this. I will continue to fight to get my hysterectomy. I am not posting this as a warning, as I truly believe what I have gone through is nothing more then a fluke. I do believe before you get anything done, you should really do your research. But be prepared sometimes, it doesn't always go as planned.
How awful. I hope you get it worked out.
My water broke at 5:30 am Thursday morning. I thought GREAT it's time ot have baby. Well, not so  fast.... We are still in the hospital and it appears I may be here for at least a few more days or so :o( I am pretty frustrated. I was dilated to 3 Tursday evening. The contractions come and go. They won't keep checking me bacuase of risk of infection. So, I don't know if I'm dilated more or not. And, eventho I'm in a regualr room now, I'm just around the corner from the birthing rooms and they won't take any chances with me. I am having more contractions today. I contracted really good for an hour and half, then slowed down again, but still having them. The plan is to not stop me if I go into full blown labor. At the same time, they won't help me along either. Of course, they want me to stay pregnant as long as I can as long as there's no stress on the baby or danger to me. So here we sit in this friggin small azz room and STILL pregnant :o(

The perinatologists said if I don't deliver in a few days, she'll reassess me and give me options of delivery. She stated she would offer and amio to check his lungs. She's pretty optimistic he'll be fine if delivered this early. :o) I don't want an amnio so my doc said if it was necessary, he would just take the fluid from the vaginal area to check his lungs. WOO HOO! That way there's no risk to baby.

So anyway, just thought I'd update. Still hanging in there, just a little less patiently now ... lol

Stacy
Girl! You've been through it.  Not long now one way or another.  I know you are ready...trust me.  How long can a baby safely stay in once the water has broken?  How far along are you now?

Jodi
Jodi,

The baby can stay for as long as I don't become infected or he isn't in any stress. Realistically, they have said until I am 34 weeks. I am 31 weeks tomorrow. My doctor said today that 90% of woman who's water breaks at this gestation, go into labor withing he first 7 days. I'm 2 1/2 days in now (60 hours). Since I am having contractions, the chances of me going into labor on my own soon is real good. I just don't know how long "soon" really is... lol. THe perinatologists said I am eperiencing all the pregnancy complications I can and have just traded one complication for another LOL.

And, as far as we stand right now, I will deliver vaginally :o) I was pretty excited to find that out on Tuesday from my doc. He said that at this time my placenta looks good. Tey are prepared for whatever may happen during this tho...

Stacy
Good Luck, and keep us posted the best you can.  Know we are all praying for you and your little guy!
Thanks Jewell. I will keep everyone updated :o)

Stacy
That's awesome!!! You and baby will be fine!!! You passed the hurdles a while ago and I am so excited you get to deliver like that. You are setting the bar for future post-ablation pregnancies!! :)
Thanks Hellodian :o) As much of a stressful and crazy situation this has been, there really is some pretty awesome news that has come from it. So far, lucky us, we haven't had ANY complications related to the ablation. Knock on wood :o) It does seem we've jumped many hurdles tho. I'm pretty optimistic the rest of the pregnancy and birth will be fine :o)

Stacy
I had an ablation done in Oct 2006, with little or no bleeding also had a Tubal 16 years ago (loving it) Well my husband rushed me to the ER on Saturday I was screaming in pain.  They gave me an IV and then did a pelvic exam, and sonograms.  They said it looked ok.  Then Sunday I wake up with blood all around me (sorry if that was graphic) Went to my OB Doctor on Tuesday she said the report from the hospital showed a pregnancy, I have to have another sono done tomorrow, the ER calls me at work today and says they are concerned with my results that it looks like I am pregnant.  I told them I already have another sono scheduled.  Anyone have this issue, I am having small cramps all the time.
Just wanted to write to you all and say your all in my thoughts and prayers. Also wanted to ask you to pray for my cousin she just delivered her second stillborn. A little girl Mackenzie Brook. Also If you could pray for a good friend of mine she was pregnant with twins, she took her dog for a walk and a man tried to rape her, she wouldn't give in and he kicked her in the stomach and she lost both of the babies. So they need your prayers, especially pray they catch the thing that did this. When caught he will be charged with two counts of murder, agg. assault and attempted rape. Thanks and God Bless You ALL!!!
2 Dr. visits in 2 days.  Specialist said the baby is measuring at 6 pounds not 4 1/2, so I feel better about that.  Was having contractions 3-6 minutes apart yesterday but they weren't strong and subsided.  Later last night 10 minutes apart but stronger and they subsided.  Have had pressure and some lower back pain too.

Blood pressure and swelling are increasing.  Dr. (my regular OB's partner) said to take it really easy the next 3 days and come in first thing Monday to see my Dr.  I am dilated to 2.

Might not be making it to the 24th after all?  I WILL make it to Monday for my own Dr. to deliver (even if I have to cross my legs and pray) :-)

Stacy,  You still hanging in?

Jodi
Gabriel Lee
4 pds 5 ozs
17 3/4 inches long

OMG he's HUGE for being over 8 weeks premature. His APGAR was 9 & 9  How awesome. Breathing room air and everything. They are amazed at how well he's doing. THANK GOD!!!

Me on the other hand? Well, not so good. But I AM ALIVE!! I did have a natural birth, however, the placenta did not deliver :o( In fact the umbilical cord detached and feel to the floor. They took me into surgery to see if they could get the placent to detach from my uterus. If not they were planning on doing a hysterectomy.  I lost over 2000 cc's of blood  I had to have a transfusion. Then in recovery, they couldn't get the bleeding to stop for like 4 more hours. My blood pressure was bottomed out and my heart rate was really high. All along I was in and out of conciousness. In the end I MADE IT!!  I'm weak and tired. I did not have to have a hyster :o) WOO HOOO!!

BABY IS GREAT!!  

Thank you EVERYONE for all your prayers and support. They worked!!  

Stacy

CONGRATULATIONS STACY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank GOD you are ok! What an ordeal for YOU!!! Gabriel sounds perfect~hurry up and get some photos up!!
Congratulations on your own little angel Gabriel!  You did a great job of hanging in there to give your little guy the best chance.

I'm so glad to hear that you are well after your scare.

You & Gabriel are in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
-M
Congrats!!!!!  What is his birth date?  I am sooo realieved all is well with you both!  You are truley blessed.  When do they think he'll go home?  I know sometimes they wait until closer to the due date. If he stays a little while it gives you a chance to recover and heal, and not to mention get the house ready for his big arrival!  I am so happy for you :)
Jewell, he was born 3.13.09 :o) Friday the 13th...lol They had told me a few weeks ago they don't let babies come home until they are at least 35 weeks AND they have to be doing everything they should be.

The most amazing thing is he took a bottle today WOOO HOOOO! The 2nd shift nurse decided to try it. My husband was holding him. Usually they don't even try it until the baby is 34 weeks. I was so amazed. So at 8:00 (his next feeding) we tried my breast. He took it, but couldn't suck hard enuff to get anything. I already knew that was going to happen. I'm just SOOO proud of him that he even took the bottle. He took the 2nd one too!! He's only 32 weeks tomoroow....

I'm feeling MUCH better today. Exhausted right now after walking back and forth to NICU and receiving all the family that has come up. I get to go home tomorrow. Although we ALL know I won't really go home...lol Jewell, you're right tho, I finally can get the house ready. Our baby shower is scheduled for the 29th :o) Now, I can REALLY participate in all the fun!!

Thank you everyone for all your support!!

Stacy
Wow! Congratulations to all of you who have had babies! What a miracle, I'm so impressed with the strength of the women here who have been so brave.

I've been considering ablation with a heavy heart. I'm 37, I have two kids and I'm not sure I want any more but I just can't wrap my head around NOT being able to have any more.

And... the possibility of such a tricky time if I should decide to defy the odds or get pregnant accidently is making me have second thoughts about this.

At this point, since Nov. my periods have been lasting between two and three weeks and very heavy. If anyone is inspired to reply, I'd like to know what kind of bleeding you were experiencing when you opted for ablation. My gynecologist isn't terribly helpful with the options.

Thank you and God bless you!
I had Endometriosis, so my bleeding was always extremely heavy with lots of clotting.  I was getting a cycle every 17 to 18 days which was leaving me very anemic.  We were sure we did not want anymore children, but once the ablation was done I had huge regrets, because I no longer could. (or so  I thought)  My advice to you is don't rush the ablation until you are completely sure of your plans.  Allthough I, and some others got a second chance, most woman will not.
hi all,, just an update, i had a check up today 9 wks & baby looks fantastic, everything looks normal & im doing well but for the nausa & fatiue! i see the dr,again in 4 weeks another US , ive had 3 so far & will every 4 weeks till it gets closer to date, they gave me a 10/20/09 funny thats my 13 yr old sons b-day :) god sure is at work on this little one !!
ill keep ya"ll posted ,, thanks for the prayers keep em coming as i will for u !

PS on a side note, i would never recommend an ablation to anyone who wasnt sure about not having more kids,those of us who ARE pregnant can tell u the fear & hope that surrounds us everyday,& every week that goes by & pray the little ones are safe ! its a long journey and bless u all who came out on the other side with ur miricals !!  ((((hugs))))
Congratulations Stacy!! Gabriel sounds wonderful and so healthy for so premature. Take it easy!!

I have my own good news!  On Friday (the 13th), I too entered the hospital for the contractions and high blood pressure.  I was able to hold off until my OB got back from Portugal and we delivered by  csection Monday am.    Josi Grace entered this world at 8:12 am weighing 5 pounds 9oz and 18 1/2 inches long.  I did not have a hysterectomy and did not need a transfusion.  They were able to separate the one area of placenta that they had been concerned about.  I had been on meds to stop the contractions ( no Dr in the practice wanted to touch me with a 10 foot pole) and bring down the bp.  After the csection I returned to Labor and Delivery for ICU. I had to remain attached to every contraption imaginable for the following 36 hours and never got to a real room until last evening (Tues).  Comparing csections to vaginal..I'd prefer the vaginal route anyday...HOWEVER,(Stacy) not after having an ablation. :-) I am recovering but think it will be slow...OUCH!
Will post pictures when I get home (using my dad's laptop today). She is absolutely perfect and worth every second of worry/discomfort/uncertainty.  

Jodi
I am so happy for you!!!!  You and Stacy both made it and babies are doing GREAT!  Thank God everything went well.  I can't wait to see pic's.  Get lots of rest and take it easy.
Julie
Congratulations to everyone for there recent success. my story doesn't end so well.  last tuesday I checked into the hospital with bleeding, in the days that followed we found out that my beautiful baby girl Mya wasn't going to make it. The bleeding they found was actually a high tear in the sac and she was losing fluid and we ran the risk of infection. We limped along on bed rest in the hospital until Friday the 13th, during that ultrasound and exam the Dr saw that Mya ran out of room due to all the scar tissue, ( 2 large sections were found and it sectioned off my uterus)  i couldn't strech any futher and the sac was pushing out of my cervix and it had prolapsed into my vagina, when they did the exam it ruptured. we knew as this point we weren't going to make it much further and my doctors planned for the worse and it happened. During the night my beautiful baby passed and the next morning my doctors preformed a total hyster. I now lost my baby, and have 27 staples closing the large hole where Mya once was. Unfortunatly no one can close the large hole in my heart.   only days after the surgery did my doctors come clean with how bad this whole situation was. My placenta started to come off , had it and I would have bled out on the table, since there was a large area that was eccretaed ( sorry for the spelling).  I bearly excaped the whole ordeal alive.( the scar tissue was so bad they had to almost cut my uterus in half to even get Mya out so we could hold her)   I just wanted everyone reading this and wanting to get pregnant that the danger is real, the pain of losing Mya is worse than anything you can ever imagine.  I went from having a great pregnancy to losing Mya and almost die'n in a week.  We bury Mya on Friday the 20th. those who've made this journey to a happy ending please give your babies an extra hug and kiss and I hope you truely understand how lucky you are.  I do thank God that he gave us almost 19 weeks to cherish Mya. I just wish things could've worked out better. I know I will see her again, I guess God had other things planned for my special baby girl.     God bless all of you and keep you and your children safe.  

Lori
I'm crying for you over here :o( I am SO VERY SORRY to hear of your loss. I too wish it would have turned out different for you. Altho I'm glad to hear you ar OK, it's no solitude when your beautiful baby was your sacrifice :o( ((((HUGS)))) to you in your time of pain. Please know we are listening to your sadness and here to help you thru it when you need us.

Stacy
WOO HOO CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't wait to see pictures of beautiful Josi Grace!! Good for you for holding out unitl Monday. They wanted me to wait until Monday. LOL It is my Gma's birthday too!! WOOO HOOOO!! I'm so glad you didn't have any of the afterbirth issues that could've happened. So you didn't have a hysterectomy either right?

Hug that baby girl and get yourself all healed up!!

Thank you everyone for the well wisehes. Baby Gabe is doing GREAT!! I'm feeling MUCH better too! I will post pictures tonight! :o) He will have to stay in the hospital for another couple of weeks, but at this point it's just to learn to eat and then grow :o)

Stacy
My heart aches for you and I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I lost a baby girl at 23 weeks and I never thought I would ever be the same.  Time does heal the pain, I know that sounds cliche, but it is true.  You will always have a place in your heart for her and you will never forget her.  God Bless you and your family.
May God be with you in your great loss. Kisses to Heaven for your precious angel! You're in my thoughts and prayers!
I am so, so sorry.
I'm so sorry for all those that have had heart ache recently... I'll keep you all in my prayers! My sypathy is with you.Evrey one around me thinks I'm pregnant, I have all the symptoms but I'm bleeding a bit and my test yesterday was negative. I don't know whats going on. I've been sick for over 2 weeks and my dr. put me on ant acids but there not working, I'm so tired and my boobs hurt, my temp is risen a bit as well. Any one have any advice what it might be??I'm also peeing alot!
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Words just cannot express how much.

Jodi
I have uploaded a few pictures of Josi.

We finally made it home yesterday afternoon. My BP spiked on Thursday and Josi was put under the lights for jaundice.  It was kind of a scary day with the BP, but the Dr's seem to have it better under control.  I hadn't slept barely any this week in the hospital and worrying about the jaundice and a few episodes of Josi "holding her breath" caught up with me.  My Dr's agreed that I would recover better at home and I am.  It was so good to sleep with my hubby in my own bed to the sounds of my newborn breathing compared to all the sounds found in a hospital and too much time to worry.

I am so thankful to the support I found joining this group.  I had a successful outcome and am so thankful.  I pray for those who are just now starting the journey as well as those whose journey was not as successful.

Jodi
We are finally home with Kegan Ned! He is a true blessing to us! He had a very rough start w his lungs and then the eating battle but we have overcome it all THANK THE LORD! My issues with preeclampsia have subsided BP is finally back to normal and kidneys are functioning properly! Starting to feel human again-guess i am not tough bp i thought cause this c-section kicked my a~! After Stacys story I am very thankful tho my dr had that fear of mind getting hung up!
WOW how amazing March has been for ALL of us. Each one of us just walked a journey that can never be forgotten. JP that baby is absolutely gorgeous!! I ma uploading a few of my own today. :o)

I feel FANTASTIC! Soon the baby will be home and we can begin the next phase of the journey. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!! And congratulations to ALL our successes and miracles!!

Stacy
Gabe is adorable. He does not look preemie small in those pictures...HUGE cheeks!  
I am still amazed everytime I look at Josi.  And Thankful.  

Jodi
I know exactly how you're feeling. It's all still so surreal to me. Almost like walking in a dream. A beautiful dream :o)

Those cheeks are something else aren't they?! LOL Kiss that Josi...she is SOO beautiful :o)

Stacy
I can see all the Mommie's are busy with the new little ones.  Just checking in to wish everyone well.  Hope you are all able to get some rest.  Take Care.
Yes, busy.  We are doing well. Josi is gaining and growing. She will be 5 weeks Monday.  We've had some tough nights...she has her days and nights confused.  She'll go to sleep around 2 or 3 am, but the only way she will sleep at night is laying on my chest.  I'm hoping she will get through it soon as I have to go back to work around the 1st of May.  I can't complain (much), I will only have less than a month of school and then the summer off.

I hope the other new mommies are doing as well as their little ones are doing as well as mine.

Hope we hear from the expectant moms to update us on their progress.  GirlPower, Stacy and I had the best support system with this website. Hopefully we can do the same for others.

Jodi
Any updates on the expectent moms?  I keep checking the site waiting for news.

Josi is 11 weeks tomorrow. She has gained so much weight.  5 pounds 9 ounces at birth; 8 pounds at 6 weeks and is about 12 pounds now.  Obviously she eats better out than she did in :-)  My OB believed her small size was mainly due to my blood pressure and not the ablation .

We are having fun and still amazed at our little blessing,
Jodi
Hooray!  Ava turned one last Saturday.  Bad news is when she ate her B' day cake she had a allergic reaction and had to go to hospital :-(  Turns out she has a serious allergy to dairy.  I see a allergist next we to see how I am suppossed to feed her from now on.  

JP- I am so glad to hear Josie is doing well!  I hope you are getting some sleep.  You should be on summer break soon, so I am sure things will be looking up for the summer.
I just found this blog and wondered if you were all still there.  I'm 21 weeks pregnant after ablation 2 years ago. I always had light (2 days super light) periods after the ablation due to the fact that my uterus is heart shaped and the lining up high may not have been ruined.  The pregnancy has been good so far, an active little boy in there...but I'm getting anxious about having a c-section and possibly hysterectomy.  Of course we are concerned about the placenta (acreta/percreta). Your stories give me hope that we'll get there...thanks for posting them.  I hope you are all recovering nicely and babies are doing great!
Katie
I just read back a little further and wanted to let you know that I am NOT the katie that was a hoax last year...  I just found this site and was so glad to hear there were others who had healthy babies after ablation.  The only info I could find was so frightening!  

Again, thanks for sharing your stories.  

Katie
Do not worry about the c-section or hysterectomy.  If they do decide to do so, it is safer than chancing a vaginal birth.  I had both and allthough I was uncomfortable, I was just fine in a couple weeks.  Good luck with your little guy!  Let me know if I can answer anything for you.
Hi Katie,
  Jewell is right, the csection is much safer than a vaginal birth after the surgery.  I too was always frightened by the thoughts of a csection with my previous pregnancies. It was hard the first day (or as long as you have to remain in bed afterwords) but each day gets better quickly. Get up and get going and you will do best.  The coughing and sneezing post section was horrible, but the rest wasn't so bad.  I was back to myself in just a week or so.  I never required anything more than ibuprofen 800 after leaving post op.  You'll do fine.  I didn't have to have a hysterectomy, but I would think the recovery would be about the same since you are open there one way or the other?
  Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Jodi
I never went back to work. Was scheduled to, but my dh shattered his ankle and has been requiring my constant care. He has had 2 surgeries since May 4th.  He may have to go back in next week as it is infected. He has 2 steel plates and 12 screws holding it together.

Sleep?haha

jodi
Thanks for the quick reply!  I'm sorry to hear about allergies and ankles...hopefully neither will be serious.  

Jewell, did they do the hysterectomy because of the placenta?  I had all four of my babies vaginally so this is really different for me.  It makes total sense but I'm still pretty anxious.  I'm 42 yrs old(43 when the baby comes) - my oldest is 17 and my youngest is 10.  I'd still be shocked if it weren't for my ever protruding middle.  

Our most recent u/s showed no abnormalities and good growth.  I still get nervous between visits, though.  

Jodi, thanks for the encouragement...I hope it goes as smoothly for us as it did for you.  I hope your hubby mends quickly!

It is so very reassuring to know of others who have been through this...I have felt like I was on an island for the last 20 weeks!

Blessings to you both and your families.
Katie
They had to do the hyster, because of the accreta.  The placenta would never have detached on it's own.  That happened with StacyJ and she had to have a emergency c-section.  It is better to be prepared.

Sunds like you have 2 babies to take care of now :-)  That's just horrible though, I hope he recovers quickly and you are able to get some help for the summer.  Maybe once the other kids are out of school, they can help you both.  My oldest is the best!  She is like a second Mommy to Ava.  I don't know what I would have done w/o her.
Katie,
  I will keep you and your baby in my prayers. I guess we all "beat the odds" but I was even luckier than the rest when it came to problems related to ablation.  My pregnancy problems were bp related (as in previous pregnancies).  Keep us posted.

Jewell,
  Yes, "the twins".  Thankfully they are both now sleeping through the night. :-)  Josi is up until midnight but will sleep until anytime between 7 and 10.  Very nice!
  We are still having a lot of problems with acid reflux and spitting up. She is gaining weight (almost 11 pounds now), but often times loses most of her meal.  She is on allimentum formula with rice cereal (for thickness) and medication for reflux but still is having problems.
   DH did go back in last week for 2 more surgeries to clean out his leg.  He has a resistent staff infection (not MRSA) and is now on a wound vac (tubes coming out of his incision into a machine sucking out the nasty) and a pickline iv  port for daily antibiotic treatments I have to give him.  Who would have ever thought a break could be this bad?
  My 8 year old daughter is a huge help (though she hates feeding Josi b/c of the spitting up).  My 12 yo son has mastered changing a wet diaper just recently and doesn't groan when asked.  They both have really stepped up to help with both daddy and the baby. It's hard, but I would never make it without their help.

Jodi
I am so happy to have found this site:)  I had an ablation 5 years ago.  I had 3 kids and never expected to want anymore.  Since then, I became divorced after many years of misery and have found the man that I was always looking for.  I found out last year at this time that I was pregnant after thinking it couldn't happen.  I ended up having a D&C at 8 weeks because the embryo was not viable.  Everything else looked okay.  Well.... yesterday I took a home pregnancy test because I was having symptoms... and wham! it was positive.  I'm so scared that this pregnancy will not be viable also, it is so great to hear of the success stories.
Congratulations! I will keep you and your baby in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Jodi
Hey girls!!!!  Things have been crazy I have had no time for computer!  I am glad to see so many doing well!  I miss talking to you all. Hopefully things will settle down here pretty soon! Kegan is doing WONDERFUL and growing like a weed!!  You all take care and each time I have time I will check in on evryone.  

All you prego women HANG IN THERE WE HAVE A POWERFUL GOD AND HE WILL TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING.  
This thread sure has gotten quiet.  

Josi is doing well..reflux is getting better, but she still loses alot of what she eats.  Doctor said she will be my smallest child..she is only in the 5th %ile for height and 10% for weight. She is 18 weeks tomorrow and just weighed in at 11 lbs. 14 oz. and 22 1/2 inches long.  So in 18 weeks she's gained 6lb. 5 oz. and 4 inches.  He said the curve is good, she's just small.  She sleeps really well at night..anywhere between 8 and 12 hours.

5 surgeries later, my husband is on the long road to recovery.  He no longer has the wound vac attached and recently had a skin graft to finally close up his leg.  He still is not allowed to put any weight on it for at least another month.  He gets the pickline out next Thursday which I have been giving him daily iv antibiotics through for over a month. His leg is still so swollen it doesn't even look human. The Ortho said it would be like that for a year.  He will be unable to work for at least 6 more months...and possibly never in his line of work.

Only 2 more weeks and I will finally have to go back to work.  It seems like a lifetime ago since I've been...really makes me want to play the lottery alot :-)

Hope to hear from updates from all the moms and those who have posted that they are pregnant.

Jodi
So glad to hear back from you.  Sounds like a tough few months you have been thru.  Things will be looking up soon.  I am sorry to hear of your husbands job.  Maybe he can take some training courses or online college coarses over the next 6 months.  Everything happens for a reason, so something new and great should be right around the corner!  Take Care

Julie
Just curious - those of you who had scheduled c-sections, how early did your doctor schedule it?  I'm at 27 weeks now, everything looks good so far.  The last ultrasound showed good growth and no signs of acreta/percreta which was good news for us!  Hopefully it will stay that way.  I know the u/s can't pick up everything, but I'm hopeful.

Hope you are all doing great!  Jodi, you'll be up for sainthood after all of this!  Whew!  Hang in there.

Katie
I have surgery scheduled on 7/30 to remove scar tissue.  I will have a balloon in for 10 days & will be on hormone therapy for 7-8 weeks.  I found a fantastic doc who is willing to help us try to get my uterus in good shape to carry a baby.  My doc & I both agree the best approach is to be pragmatic and do whatever we can, but not proceed if it in any way looks like it would be unsafe for me or a baby.

To those of you wanting to get pregnant after ablation, please see a doctor and make sure you & your doc know exactly what state your uterus is in before trying to get pregnant on your own.  There are treatments available to possibly help, and you may have to consult with a number of docs to find one who is good and will help you - but it is the best way to make sure you & your potential baby stay safe.

:) M
They scheduled it for 38 weeks.  With my other kids thats when I delivered them, so they didn't want to go any further than that.
What type of dr did you see? I went to my OBGYN to have an UA to see if I had scar tissue and the thickness and he was very unwilling to help me. he did the UA but gave me really no information--He basically said you would not be able to see scar tissue on an UA and he would not encourage assisting in having a reversal done with an ablation. Every month my periods are getting a small bit heavier and awful cramping. We are still trying to save for the tubal reversal. Have you been told any ways that can assist your lining to thicken. Chapel Hill Tubal revesal contacted me and said they do alot of reversal with women who have ablations.
Thanks, Julie, I was hoping it'd be around 2 weeks early.  3 out of 4 of mine came early, only one was more than a few days - 10 days early.  I go back in next week and will ask.  Between the weight gain and the baby's movement, I'm thinking he's growing nicely and things will be fine come 38 weeks.  My doc also said he was going to have a 2nd surgeon in the room for added input - scared me a little bit, but I guess 2 heads are better than one!  :)  The pics of your baby are sweet!  What a blessing to your family.  I can't wait to meet our little one!

Thanks for your quick replies!
Katie
I had two Doc's as well, not to mention there was over 25 others including pediatric Doc's and nurses as well.  They were completely prepared for anything that could go wrong and to me, it was a very reassurring feeling.  It's better for it all to be planned ahead, so I was OK with doing it 2 weeks early.  By then I couldn't stand the uncomfortableness any longer:-)  Good Luck
Wow, that's a lot of people - Being prepared is key, so I feel like they will also be ready for anything.  I'm fine with 2 weeks early...in fact, if this baby is good size I'll go anytime they say.  I have about 10-12 weeks to go depending on the date they choose.  I feel huge and people ask me if I'm due "any day now" all of the time...grumble.  Its all good, though...I truly didn't think we'd get this far when we first found out.  I feel so blessed and excited.

Thanks again!
Katie
The best way to know exactly where you stand is to have a hysteroscopy - where they go in with a camera and visualize the inside of your uterus.  It is the most accurate way of knowing what you are dealing with in terms of scar tissue, lining, etc. I had one in the office without any sedation and it really did give us a better idea of where to go from there.

I have been through a few doctors before finding my current doctor.  I asked my regular OB about getting pregnant & he told me to get a surrogate (as if that is affordable ...).  Then I had a phone consultation with Dr. March (who is the TOP doc for treating this).  After my phone consultation I went back to my OB & told him what Dr. March has said, and he at least referred me to a fertility doc on my insurance plan.  The fertility doc would not even see me - his nurse called me to tell me to get a surrogate.  Dr. March had given me the name of a doc on my insurance who he said was really good.  I e-mailed him & he was retired, but reccommended his successor, who is an accomplished GYN surgeon.  I had a consult with him (again expecting to be turned away) & he is FANTASTIC!  

Dr. March is in LA & was perfectly willing to treat me, he was just very gracious about trying to help me get as much covered by insurance as possible.  He is just one of the top docs in the country, so of course he is not inexpensive.  I would not hesitate for a nano second to go to him if money was not a concern.

Point is ... keep looking.  There are docs out there willing to treat you.  
-M
I'm 34 and I want to have another baby. I have one child, she's 12, I had a tubal, and ablation in 2005. I was told that I couldn't have another baby but I've had very heavy periods even after the ablation. I have a new partner and he has no kids. I don't know what to do. I want one of the best Dr.'s for this but what do I do?
My c-section was scheduled at 38 weeks 4 days.  However, I started having contractions and pre-eclampsia  at 37 weeks.  They held off delivering for 3 days (until my Dr. got back from Portugal). ( I have had bp issues since my first child 12 years ago.)

My Dr. had also planned for another Dr. to assist. We also had a few extras including some nurses from NICU. Though not near as much the party as Julie had.  My Dr. always planned for the worst case situation but expected the best.  She had blood ready and waiting in case I lost any, but I never needed it.

After it was all over and I had my 6 week appt., I asked her how worried she had been (because she never let it show). She said at the beginnng of the pregnancy she was extremely worried, but as time progressed and things went well, she felt confident everything would be ok.  

I still think Dr.'s need to combine all of their experiences and put out some data for others.  I was the first preg after ablation that my Dr's office or my specialists office had.  My specialist had been to a conference and asked other Dr's if they'd had any cases and not one had.

Thanks for all of the good thoughts about my husband.

Jodi

I had my first ultrasound last week and the baby has a heartbeat!!!  I am now 10 weeks.  I had my ablation done in 2004 and miscarried last year, that baby never had a heartbeat.  I am also the first person my OB Dr. had get pregnant after an ablation... not only once, but twice.  Did any of you that had successful pregnancies after an ablation have lots of cramping?  I have had cramping for many weeks, but everything is going good so far.  My Dr. thought it might have to do with the scar tissue and my uterus trying to stretch.
I did have alot of Doc's and nurses, but I delivered at a learning hospital, so I was pretty popular w/ all the interns.  So much for privacy though, but I got past all that pretty quickly :-)

Jodi- Forgot about your BP.  Has it returned to normal?  Or is it still an issue for you?
Jodi, I agree, a pooling of info would be super...I, too, am the only pregnancy after ablation at the practice I am at.   My doc is so nonchalant about it all but every now and then I sense he is concerned.  I will have to remember to ask afterwards how he really felt.  :)  I get more confident as the weeks pass and finding this site has helped immensely.

Renee, I've been "crampy" all the way along - I'm 28 weeks now.  It comes and goes but hasn't been an issue other than being uncomfortable sometimes.  I have to stop in my tracks now and then and just regroup.  Hang in there!  :)

I see my OB tomorrow afternoon - I'm hoping he can give me a ballpark as to when we'll deliver.  The baby is moving a lot, which is always such a reassurance.  My only complaint is insomnia which is driving me bonkers.  I'm bug-eyed from the time I hit the pillow until at least 5am.  

Hope everyone has a great week!
Katie

Hello all.  Just a quick update to let you know that my surgery went well on Thursday.  I am at home recovering and really have no pain (just a little sore where the incisions are).  I had a hysteroscopy with laparoscopy.

The good news is he got all of the scar tissue - some of it was so light that he could just break it up.  I am now on estrogen for 6 weeks to rebuild a healthy lining.  The really good news is that my tubes looked good - which means less invasive means for conception - yay!

The bad news was that I had a small perforation when he was dilating, so I have an extra incision where he had an assistant watch it,  He does not think it will pose a problem, although he kept me overnight to be sure I was fine.

I have a balloon in (to hold the uterus open) which will come out on Friday.  I can't even feel it, so it doesn't bother me a bit.

I am so excited to see what the future holds - now that the surgery appears to be a success, I have allowed myself to think a little bit more about the goal: having a baby join  our family ... although I am careful to take one step at a time.

:O) Michelle
I did not have any cramping.
Congratulations! I will keep you both in my prayers.

Jodi
My general practitioner just up my BP meds again.  I thought it had been doing ok, but went for a checkup (as my RX was running out).  Have to go back in a few weeks.  I need to buckle down, lose some weight and see if that helps.  Now I have high cholestoral too...never had before...I hit 40, had a baby and am now falling apart.

Jodi
For me it was go to sleep and wake up anywhere between 2 and 5 and not be able to go back to sleep. Hang in there!

Jodi
Good luck with all!  I am not far off from 40 either.  Recovering from this pregnancy is sure harder bouncing back from in my late 20's.  I now try to focus on health, not weight.  It sure is taking alot longer though.
Did anyone every have light bleeding in the 3rd trimester?  I only have 8 weeks to go, but I'm worried about the placenta breaking away (first stuck, now loose??) - Ugh!

Thanks!
Katie
I did not have bleeding.  Call your Doc ASAP!  I am sure its fine but you cannot take a chance.  Let us know what happens.
I went to the doc that day, my membranes have a small leak.  I'm on bedrest in the hospital until baby's arrival.  contractions stopped and leakage is minimal, we're doing fine except for being away from my family for weeks...  not great timing since school is starting monday. :(   baby is fine, so i'm grateful!

hope you are doing great!  
katie
Keep thinking positive and you'll be home before you know it!  With a beautiful healthy baby.  Keep us posted :-)
Glad to hear you are both doing well.  You are close, be patient.  
Keeping you all in my prayers.

Jodi
After 3 plus weeks in the hospital on bedrest, Patrick Thomas was born 6 weeks early by c-section.  He was 4 lbs 1.5 oz.  I came home a few days ago, but he is still in the NICU for a little while longer.  He's breathing, eating on his own and will hopefully be home soon.  Thanks to you all for your willingness to answer questions and offer encouragement!  Another post-ablation success!

Blessings to you all,
Katie
Congrats Katie!!!!! Thats great news.
Congratulations! Wonderful news! Praying that he comes home soon.

Jodi
I had a ablation in 2008 and a tubal in 2004. This past week Ive been having some pain in my lower stomach and cramps and felt constipated.. I also had a surgery in oct where they removed one of my ovaries because I had something growing with hair and teeth!!!! I have been a lot moody and not to mention I have not had a cycle since octobers surgery...I was wondering could I be pregnant?
just wanted some info im currently 16 weeks pregnant after ablation in 2006 and would like to hear from anyone else who is going through this im from the uk and very anxious feel like i want to sleep and just wake up in feb xx
I am 42.  I had an ablation 10 yrs ago.  I have periods every month, lighter than before, but still there is bleeding.  I have just found out I am almost six weeks pregnant.  If my lining is thin, will I be able to carry this baby?  I'm so scared of a miscarriage.  I have no nausea yet, no break through bleeding, some mild intermittent cramping and low back pain.  But no blood.  I had a sonogram in August just before a period and the Dr said my lining measurement was .5.  I don't know if that was .5mm or .5 inches.  If it's .5 mm, I don't possibly see how I could carry a child even as long as I have.  I'm scared. This is my first child and this baby is very much wanted.  I would appreciate any information you could give.  People that have ablations, does it make their lining next to nothing???
Update...

Found out today my lining was 5mm just before my last period.  Is it possible to have a successful pregnancy?
If you don't mind me asking, where do you live?  How old are you?  It's May 2013-did these treatments work for you and were you able to have a baby?
Viewing 601-739 comments: