Pregnant after removing IUD
I Just go an IUD takin out 12/5/06 after only having it in for 2months. Is it possible that i could get pregnant that soon after that? i've been very tired,having cravings and getting very dizzy!! could it b or am i just CRAZY??? please give me advice?
My Dr. told me that you can get pregnant right away after it's taken out. So yes, it's possible for you to be pregnant. Have you missed your period yet? I would go ahead and test if you have.
Good luck and I hope you get the results that you want.
Yes-I had an IUD in place and had it removed in August. I got pregnant in October (miscarried) and again in November. But was yours one with hormones? That might prolong it by a little bit. I had the copper iud without hormones. Good luck!
Alright this is crazy and does not happen very often.... ever, but my husband was conceived while his mom still had a IUD in and through a condom. So yeah I'd say anything is possible.
Especially if you had an IUD with no hormones , just the physical IUD. It prevents implantation NOT fertilization so you actually keep ovulating like normal.  The ones with hormones get to where they repress ovulation (like the Mirena one) so that might take a month or two to re-establish. I went from late OCt (removal) to Jan (preg) with the Mirena removed.
i had my IUD removed one jan 12,07 and am currently 12 weeks pregnant, so i would say very possible
I had Mirena (with the low dose homrones) and got pg right away after removal.
i have the iud 5 years now it was up in june but i still have it in can i still get pregnant now
You need to have it removed if you are wanting to get pg. You don't want to get pg with it in place as it can cause a m/c.
I am glad to hear that many of you have been able ot get pregnant after having the mirena removed. My husband and I are wanting to have children but we can't quite afford it just yet. Either way, my time is up this coming summer and we are hoping to be financially ready by then. I already have 3 wonderful little girls from a previous marriage that love my husband and they want a litte bro or sis. And we want to give them one. He is really worried about the chance of getting pregnant after the mirena is removed though. We are also worried about the chance of miscarriage or any other difficulties associated with it. Does anyone have any answers for me?
The chances of getting pg after having Mirena removed, as with the chance of m/c, are the same as if you were not on BC. I generally suggest one full cycle just in case, give your body time to form a nice thick uterine lining to support that baby : )

I had my copper Iud removed last monday the 5th I had it in for 3 1/2 years was supposedto get my period this monday the 12th I started having real thick brownish bloody discharge hardly anything today wednesday November 14th has anyone else experienced this and if so does it continue into a normal period or just stop all together
I got p/g last year after having the mirena removed. I had it removed during my period and didn't have another period in between- I was pregnant straight away. Unfortunately, I had a missed miscarriage at 7w 4d so had to have a D&C in September, but am pregnant again now due in around 10 days. :)
I would do as AndiJ78 said and leave one full cycle if I could plan my pregnancy over again, I will always wonder if  getting p/g so fast after the Mirena was removed had anything to do with my loss... it was probably a coincidence but that's the way I feel now.

My name is Jen and I am a mother of one adorable, little boy who is 16 months old now (as of Dec 02, 2007).  I had the Mirena IUD implaced in April of 2007 when my son was about 8 months old.  My reason was because my husband was on a Military deployment and he was coming home in May and we did not want to have another baby right away.  Especially since he had left for his deployment when I was only 8 months pregnant with our baby boy so he had never even had a chance to be there for the birth or to be a father yet.  While now my husband has been home for 6+ months and the Mirena has worked the entire time; and we have enjoyed our reconnection with each other as a family without the worry of a non-planned pregnancy.  However, recently we have been talking about having another baby and we are wondering how soon I might get pregnant after I get my IUD removed.  We would like to try for another baby as soon as possible.  I was hoping to get pregnant mid to late January or February.  It is December now, and I thought that if I got my IUD removed before the Christmas holiday then that would be good timing; because it would give my body time to recover and have at least one fresh menstrual cycle.  Is this good timing?  Or how long does it normally take?  For me I have had a menstrual cycle the whole time I have had my IUD in, except for this month (December) I have not had one at all, but I have had some cramping.  But my pregnancy test(s) say it's a negative.  For the most part my body is VERY regular, every 28 days, almost to the hour of the day.  I know that when I get my period one month on the 22nd around noon, I can expect it the next month (two days earlier) on the 20th in the mid afternoon.  And so on and so on with each month after that.....always arriving two days earlier than the last.  This has been a regular cycle for me since I was 14 years old.....with each period lasting 5 days with normal bleeding.  So it's been pretty easy for me to keep track of everything.  So, as you can imagine even getting my menstrual cycle while having the IUD in place was nothing new for me, it just meant that I had an even lower or 99.9% of not getting pregnant.  But since this month, I have not received one, which was a little of a shock but nothing to be too concerned about since the patient papers on the IUD do state that it can lighten or even eliminate your periods after time, altogether.  So with that being said, you can imagine that my son came as only a little bit of a surprise to me; considering that he came 14 days from the start of my last menstrual cycle (in November 2005), in perfect timing with the mid-cycle of my ovulation (that 48 hour window of perfect fertilization that every gynecologist doctor talks about).
So as I stated before, my husband and I are looking to have another baby and I am wondering how long it takes to get pregnant after the IUD is removed.  I have read some of the other posts above and see that for most it takes only two months.  So would my Christmas holiday timing, be good timing?  Or will it take longer than 4 months once it is removed?  Also, what are the miscarriage rates with getting pregnant immediately after having an IUD removed?  I just want to know what would be the best time for my husband and I to begin to try for another baby.
I'm sorry I posted this in the wrong spot.  =)
i had my son when i was 18 years old and my doctor had recomended the mirena so i agreed....she didnt really tell me much about it and i thought that it would be great. i had my iud for a year and then i had bad cramping so i decided to get it taken outI am know 21 and my son really needs a friend.I have been trying know for almost a year to get pregnant and i have had no luck....I was not aware that the iud causes involentary miscarriages so they have messed me up a little bit. does anyone have any advice or any pointers??
I have an IUD for a while and I have been without a period since I got it.  I have a weird pain at the opening of my vagina and feel a hardness at the skin.  I also feel tired all the time, my breasts feel tender and some sickness.  Could it possible I can be pregnant?
I just had my Mirena IUD removed about 1 1/2 months ago.  I am curious to know if you think I am able to get pregnant?  Email me at ***@**** to give me your thoughts.
I had my iud removed on July 28/ 08. Prior to removal I was having unprotected sex and still am but using the pull out method. Now this whole week AUG. 15 /08 I've been feeling cramping in my abdomin, headaches, breast are extreemly tender and swelling,tired, in addition I feel like throwing up and mood swing. I am wondering could I be pregnant. I have been pregnant before and I know this is what it feels like. I took a test the beginning of this week and it came out negative. I thought maybe it is too sson to test postive. The other thing is maybe my body is just going crazy because of the removal of my IUD. Please if you can give me advice I'd be a little more at ease.
I JUST HAD A IUD REMOVED (9-3-08) WHILE ON MY PERIOD. I HOPE IM NOT PREGNANT. I HAVENT HAD ANY PROBS SO FAR. ILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED.
I JUST HAD IUD REMOVED A WEEK AFTER MY PERIOD,ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS ALREADY AND IAM SPOTTING! COULD I STILL GET PREGNANT?...MY HUSBAND AND I ARE TRYING!!! ANY ADVISE?
I had a Mirena IUD for almost 3 years. The doctor cut the string too short so it got lost, and when I wanted it out they basically had to fish for it. It was really painful because they basically had to scoop around my uterus until they found it. Anyway, because of the hormones in the Mirena it took like 4 months for my body to get back to normal. I thought I was pregnant every month because the symptoms are so similar. In the end it took my husband and I 6 months to become with our second after the IUD was removed.
what are the chances of having a miscarriage right after the mirena removal and no period,straight to pregnancy.is there anybody out there who had a normal pregnany all the way through. I wouldn't like to experience a miscarriage.
I had an IUD fitted for 1 year, my husband and I wanted to give our 2 year old daughter brother or sister so I have removed my IUD on 5th of September. I had my period on the 16th of Sep, it was quite normal cycle, however my breast are quite wired since the removal of the IUD, they seem to be a lot tender and also I was feeling sick with desire to throw up. I really though I was pregnant until I got my period on the 13 of Oct but it only stayed for 2 days and it was very light and kind of brownish colour. I did 3 tests but all turned negative, I’m really confused and not sure what is going on with my body.

Please anyone out there who have experienced similar situation give me advice.

Thank you for your time

For each women the answer to getting pregnant after mirena is different.

So to try and help I will share my experience and hopes it sheds some light and hope x

I had my mirena in for a year and had it removed september 9 so my husband and I could try and concieve. I know for myself after coming of a hormonal contraceptive things can be a bit up and down and can take time for your body to get back on track. I was pretty irregular on iud but my periods didn't stop.

I started a course of FEMZONE a natural course of pills availale from naturopath or health food store after advice. It helps to regulate periods and pms and is also great for women who experience a slight hormonal imbalance after removal.

Anyway I had my period after the removal and started a spread sheet to keep track of what was going on with my body. I knew that in a standard cycle of 28days you generally ovulate on around the 14th day (this of course varies woman to woman) but is a great indicator of the timing of things. I got another period a few weeks later and then a few weeks after that started feeling a bit off colour, very definate signs of pregnancy.

I have had 3 positive tests and my husband and I are very happy.

The important thing is to understand your own body and know how to track it.

After talking to doctors and friends who have had merena removed it can take anywhere from 3 - 12 cycles to concieve, if its longer than this just talk to your doctor.

The main reason for early pregnancy miscarriages after the mirena is because one of the ways it works is it thins out the linings of your uterus which stops eggs imbedding.

Enjoy the time with your husband trying to concieve and dont worry too much, things happen in their own time xx
I had the copper iud placed in 1999, removed about 5-6 months ago(2008). been trying to get pregnant for past 2 months. Not happen, why?

I am 42 years old and have 2 children 18 and 14 years old.  I had the IUD for about 7 years 10 years ago and then had it removed and a new one replaced.  I removed the second one in February of this year as my husband and i are hoping to get pregnant.  I know that i have conceived a few times from February to now but i have not gone as far as implantation, I know this because i had the tingley breasts and the funny feeling in my lower abdomen, i just knew!  Last month i went as far as day 8 after conception and then it all just ended!  I am still trying.  Can anyone advice me as to my chances of getting pregnant and going full term.    I
I HAVE WILL HAVE HAD MY MIRENA FOR 1 YEAR AS OF DECEMBER 7TH. MY HUSBAND IS COMING HOME FROM IRAQ FOR 2 WEEKS IN JANUARY. (1-2-09) AND WE WANT TO TRY FOR ANOTHER BABY.  WHEN SHOULD I GET MY MIRENA REMOVED SO I WILL INCREASE MY CHANCES OF GETTING PREGNANT IN THOSE 2 WEEKS AND NOT BE ON MY PERIOD.
i found this sight only because i googled, "Bloating with IUD," and here i am!  The FIRST time i had Mirena put in was at the end of '05.  NOOOO problems there!  i DID stop having my period.  Other than that, NOTHING!  i ALWAYS had unprotected sex and NEVER got pregnant.  i decided to have it removed Feb. 07 due to pains.  (i'm not even joking), MARCH '07 i got pregnant.  RIGHT AFTER it had been taken out!  Totally unplanned, but a total blessing:)  It was my first ever pregnancy and i NEVER even got morning sickness!  NO boob problems, NO sickness of ANY type, NO NOTHING!  i had the most uneventful pregnancy and it was smoooooth sailin!  Well.... she pops out then all hell broke loose.  i nearly bled to death.  i had to have 8 blood transfusions in addition to several other transfusions and surgery.  It had NOTHING to do with Placenta Privia.  It was a VERY rare occurance, (long story short), but now i'm wondering if the IUD "messed" anything up in there?  Honestly, i do NOT think so, but it's strange.  So then 6 weeks after giving birth, i have my second Mirena placed in.  (i still have NOT have a period since '05 mind you due to the FIRST Mirena), and obviously not during pregnancy and so here i am in 2009 and still no period, only spotting every once in a while.  Probably due to the iud....  fine.  But now, all of the sudden out of NO where i am SO freakin' bloated i can't even stand it!!!  i've been bloated for over a month!  Have taken 4 pregnancy tests within a month, ALL have been negative.  i'm going to my docter tomorrow and there's a million "what-if's" i'm sure as to what is causing this, but deep down in my guy, i think it has something to do with this stupid iud.  But it very well could be a digestive issue too!  Hopefully i'll find out tomorrow.  All i know is that i NEVER had issues with the first Mirena and with this one, i'm having side-effects i never had before.  Could be that it's because my body changed so much after having my daughter.  But i wanted to share my experience with everyone to hopefully put your minds at ease in knowing that ALL our bodies are SOOOO different and i don't think it's the best idea to compare your situation and what your feeling to everyone else's and assume that's what your situation is or will be:)  Just because i got pregnant with NO complications during my pregnancy RIGHT after removing the iud does not mean all women will!  And it doesn't mean you won't either.  i believe that when the timing is right to have a baby, you will and try to not lose hope!  If your heart's desire is to have children, it's WORTH waiting FOR!  DON'T rush it!  Everyone's body responds differently to iud's and other forms of birth control.  All you can do is your best.  Also, for those of you trying to NOT EVER get pregnant just know that ULTIMATELY if you do, it's for a reason!  And the good Lord will NOT put more on your plate that you will NOT be able to handle!  He will ALWAYS provide for you.  He knows what's best, whether that's what we want for ourselves or not.  i will be praying for ALL of you and i'll let ya'll know what happens!  (Why i look 6 months pregnant because of this stinkin', freakin' bloating!!!  lol....(as i stuff my face with chocolate)!!  God bless and keep pluggin' away!  
i am 35, i had a copper IUD for 8 years , my following period after removing the IUD was 4 days late, took a hpt and it was + but very faint color. 2 weeks after i bleeded like a period but only 3days, mine is usually 6 , and i felt a very small tissu like blood come out. went to the Dr, it turned out i was very early pregnant and miscarried. took blood test to make sure the hormone levels are back to 0. i advice to wait at least a cycle after the IUD b4 trying to get pregnant. i guess to give your body a chance to be strong again to carry a baby. i will wait for one sycle and try again . wish me luck
i have had the Mirena IUD for 5 years had it replaced in Aug 09 and now my husband and i are wondering if there is a possiblity that i could be pregnant. I am extremely tired all the time and have a tiny bit of nausea but not throwing up. I get a little dizzy sometimes. But other than that no other symptoms.My breasts arent tender or growing or changing color. I have been feeling this way for about 2 weeks now. Should I test??
If you think you may be pregnant, of course you should test.  Use a sensitive test and a first morning urine.   Repeat in a week if you are still not sure what to do, or see your doctor.

I'm assuming that you aren't really getting periods with the Mirena, or very irregular ones, right?

Remember that many, many other things besides pregnancy can cause dizziness, fatigue, and some nausea.  You likely should see your doctor if this continues.
I havent had a period in 4 yrs not even and irregular one. I got some spotting once I changed the IUD. But that lasted a day. And I have already seen a doctor for the fatigue and they asked if i thought i could be pregnant and when i told them i had the IUD they ruled it out right away. I got some blood work done to rule out other things but havent recieved the results on those yet.
I had my IUD removal in Dec. 2009 my husband is in the army he will be home this weekend, is there a chance I can get pregnant after a month of having this removal.  Also with that my cycle is normal now since the 2 weeks I bleeded after removal on the 7th of dec. last year.  Can anyone give me hope or some suggesting
hi i had the mirenda coil for 6years had it remove week age and had to go right in to get it out has no sting i had no periods with my coil nothin just tired and last year a lot of pain in lower stomach but otherwise great this is not for everone but was ok for me i am no tryin for baby no5 i am bleeding very lite at moment but not sure it is a period as i use to have heavy periods before coilwas fitted hopin to get pregrant may this year so hope my body has time to get back to normal after this tubes tired has i am 41yr old so no more after this one good luck allxx
im juz worried if i taking out my iud,am i get pregnant without having sex?i need a response please!
Sure Roselyn you can get pregnant without having sex!!!!~~~~WOW
i had the IUD in for 3 years and it took me a year to fall for my son we gave up tryin in the end and if it happened it happened we were so happy when it did but now im about to have the coil removed and and try for a seconded time wish me luck lol xxx
So I took my IUD o the 15th of April, right after my period was done. I did it bcoz we want to start our family, today is May the seventh and nothing yet :) could I be pregnant? Or just a side effect..I was expecting my period for the end of April....I am feeling weird symptoms but I am afraid it could be the desire of being pregnant! I have taken at least three test they were all negative. My doctor said I could get pregnant right away, I just wishI could know faster LOL Any thoughts??
ijust had my IUD taking out on the 5th. i had intercourse with my husband the day taking it out and day after. (4 times in 2 days) i had my period 2 days after takin it out, and it only lastest 3 days.  heavy and short just like it was when i was pregnant wit my daughter. could i have gotten pregnant in those 2 day?? please help
I had my iud da mirena tookn off on 6/9/2010 n bout 4 days after I was having a lot of pain. N I had a ball of blood on my panties n it lookd like it had a tail conected at da end. Does tht mean I had a miscarage? If I get prego will I loose da baby? Email me wit some responds at ***@**** n let me kno wat u think n wat should I do plz.
I have the IUD in as we speak i have had it for 2 years and me and my hubby want to get preggo so it makes me feel alot better hearing you alls stories of how fast you got preggo...thanks n good luck
hi i had my IUD in for a year i took it out July 14 of this year. i had sex the day after then got my period the day after that which was the 16th it was only for 3days. we started having sex again on the 21,23. could i be pregnant?
I was told i could get pregnanat after when i remove my coil.Im 31 y.old and i had the coil for 4 years. its been two years since i removed but nothing happened yet.
is there a chance I can get pregnant after two years removal?
look forward to hearing from you..Thanks. Lucy
I'm contemplating ttc num 4 within the next 12 months I've had the mirena in place for approx 6 months but at 33 it's now or never really...I fell really quick with my 3 (within a month) but only ever used the pill b4 never the coil so unsure as to how quick I'll fall pregnant?...
i am about to have my IUD [Minera] removed after 3 yrs & my husband & i are hoping to get prego right away....do u think there is any luck for me??
I've had my IUD for almost 2 years now and I'm planning to get it removed on Thursday 11/11/2010. My husband wants a baby but I want to avoid my chances of having a miscarriage by all means if possible. So, for those of you who had a successful pregnancy, what did you do? How long did you wait before trying to get pregnant?
Just had my Mirena removed (09/11/2010) at the end of my cycle. I've been bleeding heavily for the last 3 days. My husband and I would like to try for a baby but would like to wait until next cycle. Is one cycle enough or should we wait for at least two?

Brownsuga
I took out my IUD thee end of Aug, and I'm still trying to get pregnant, but don't know why i can't get pregnant! Do you think the IUD is effecting my body somehow?
I had my IUD (paragaurd(the copper one)) removed a year ago this December. We have been trying to conceive this whole time. I don't understand why it is taking so long. Is this normal or should I be concerned?  
  Is it possible to be pregnant while having the Merena IUD for 4 years and 8 months

I have had the Merena iud the newer kind for almost 5 years now. I have PCOS and was bleeding for 9 months straight thats why I have the merena. 19 years ago I had my son. When I figured out I was pregnant back then I had only a few drops of blood for a period. I had the same effect as well recently. I had fled a terrible situation and I am hoping I am not pregnant. I am afraid to find out right now and just moved cross country. What would the chances be that I could be pregnant when the merena is in for 4 years and 8 months when I remember that it stops working and I have to get it removed when the 5 years is up? If I am pregnant would the baby even be able to survive. I am having some similar symptoms as when I was pregnant before.    
I have had my IUD (Mirena) since 2007, I already have two little ones 5 and 3. Well recently I have been hit with baby fever and so has my husband. I had several cravings and I was tried and I displayed all the symptoms like I was pregnant (which I hear can happen with a IUD). I hadn't felt my strings in a few years, so I always call my doctor and have them check cause my husband hasnt felt it since I first got it. Any who..this time my doctor tells me that my IUD was lower than normal and she thought it was out of place, so she referred me to another doctor to have a ultra sound to check. So by the time Friday arrives my strings were HANGING out..so I of course pulled a little (I know KRAZY) and it just came right out. No cycle on Sat but I started my cycle on Sun..no real pains or discomfort reminded me of my normal cycle. My normal cycle lasts about 7 days. However I am ready to start the baby making process..at this point I am ready like EVERY moment of the day several times a day and every day..hope to be knocked up soon..
I had my mirena taken out on Nov 29. I did have my period sometimes while I had the mirena, but not every month.  I got my period on Dec 1 two days after I had it taken out.  My period only lasted for 4 days and that is not normal.  I also had light reddish-brown blood on my underwear like 2 weeks after my period.  Could that be implantation or am I just rushing it?  I don't have any pregnancy symptoms, but we are trying.  How fast is it usual to get pregnant after having the mirena removed? I have tried the whole ovulation calender thing and I just dont know.  I would really like to get pregnant soon.  We have been having sex like every other day and he cums in me everytime.  I just lay there for about 5 to 10 minutes everytime.  We do break for a few day and start trying again.  We did have sex while I was on my period and right after and every other day.  No pregnancy symptoms but not everyone has them.  So as this being said how soon does it usually take? When I had the mirena before I got pregnant 3 months after having it taken out.  I hope to get pregnant soon.
would you mind giving the dates and when you tested?
i have heard it takes a while to get pregnat nd i mean i do want to have children in the future ,but i have heard ppl say thats it hard to get pregnat after taking iud out is it tru
Did you carry the baby to full term and was it healthy?
So me and my husban had sex and then like two hours later my iud fell out and now I'm starting to spot is it possible I could be pregnant or am I worrying for no reason
I had my IUD for one year and 8 months and I just removed two weeks ago and I have a cramps pain and feel a tiredness, one of my breast is feel tender and sore. It's been two weeks already and I am spotting, but I since I removed I have not seen my period, could I been pregnant?