Maternal & Child Community
Pregnant after tubal? Or Crazy....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnant after tubal? Or Crazy....

I found this site about a week ago and have been reading back.  So I finally got brave enough to post and see what you guys think.  I have a ds who just turned 1 yesterday.  When I had him (by c-sec) I also got my tubes tied.  He is still very lightly b-feeding, although with my other 2 I resumed af as soon as they were eating solid food at all.  I have not had an af at all since I got pg with him.  
I had the early signs of pg in october, so I tested (hpt) and got a neg.  I brushed it off and moved on.  Several weeks ago I picked up on what my "flutters" feel like.  Tested again..at a clinic..still neg.  Since then the flutters have gotten stronger and I'm still having many other signs (frequent urination, irritability, sensitivity to smells, etc).  Then last week dh and I bd'd...both times I ended up doing real mild spotting (wipe once or twice to pink) and extra discharge.  I can't think of anything else that would mean!  Is it possible I'm preg?  Or am I losing my mind, I haven't been for a blood test because I need the proof of pg to get insurance (stuck on state insurance for now).  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
See thats what I was thinking, is that surely it would show up on a hpt by now.  The thing is the I can push (on my now hardened tummy) and get kicked back to where I can almost feel it outside.  Also both the tests I've done at home have turned up strange, the control line on one didn't show up, and there was a really faint line for the neg on the other, along with what looked like the beginning of the line that would mean pos but not a whole one.
On top of that.  A tubal pregnancy can kill you if in fact you are pregnant.

You need to find out what is going on.

Good Luck
Nowhere does it here without money.  My hubby gets paid once a month so it will be February before I can get the blood test done.  And please don't use this question as a bashing point.  I know very well the risks and have been in with my other 3 at 6 and 7 weeks along.  Also part of the reason my tubes are tied is because my pg's are very complicated things.  So I do understand the issues at stake very well.  I was just looking for some opinions.
Wouldn't a tubal preg have shown up before now?  And would I have regular movement?  If my dates are correct I'm 16-18 weeks, and everything I can find suggests tubals are critical way before that.
I agree with Alseedus. Anything is possible. I would call your physician and ask for a blood test. Also, I have heard with HPT if the second line is visible in any manner it is considered positive. Good luck.
Also, you may have to pay the cost for the blood test until confirmed and get reimbursed by the insurance company. However if that is not feasible, you may consider going to your local ER. I know it is not the best way to seek routine healthcare, but you need to figure out what is going on regardless of the outcome. Again, good luck.
A tubal pregnancy would have ruptured by now.  You would have known no later than 4-6 weeks into the pregnancy and you would also have excrusiating (sp) pain with it.  Your pain is on one side and stays there. With having your tubes tied it is very much almost impossible for you to get pregnant however I did have a friend who got pg with twins but eventually lost them and another friend who had twins with a tubal.  So anything is possible.  But I think the mivement you are having is gas. Before I got preggers I would have stomach movement from my gas in my intestines.  I don't feel you are pregnant.  If you feel the tests are wrong then you can get the digital ones.  Clearblue easy is the best one.  I looked at a website with all the hpt's and that one seemed to be the better of them.
Good Luck!
I would definitely go and get 1 more HPT because it would undoubtedly show up if you are 16 weeks. Further, I don't think that a tubal would be possible at this point as it likely would have ruptured by now and you would forsure be in some serious pain. Also, if it were ectopic, you wouldn't be feeling kicking as the baby couldn't develop to that point in the tubes.
Well one of my co workers has told me before that a pregnancy test didnt ever show up positive on her she said she was 4 months pregnant and took a test and it didnt show up the dr had to give her an exam. I've heard of that happening before.. Well good luck and hope everything turns out ok!!! baby dust on everyone*********
With my ectopic, I had no pain whatsoever, BUT, I did have a positive hpt by 6 weeks along. If you are 16-18 wks pregnant, hcg would be giving you a positive test, no matter where the pregnancy is located. If the control line on a hpt didn't show up, the test is invalid. I don't know about the other test, but you may have started to see an evaporation line. Schedule an appt with your obgyn as soon as your able to. An u/s can be done if needed, but this sounds like something other than a pregnancy.
i AGREE, at that far along a hpt would have picked it up!
and that far along with a tubal pregnancy you would be experiencing pain! The baby would be growning in your tube and by this time it would be too big!
You said you were still breast feeding so maybe that is part of the reason you dont have your period.
well i have to ask... has anyone ever had it come about where they didn't get a hpt show positive and still be pregnant. I am on cycle day 75. Yesterday still not positive. have all the signs. would be about 10 weeks if i were. Have never missed a period. I also have a child so i am not a kid making up things in my head. please help and let me know. thanks.
***@****
Hey, Well I had my tubes cut, tied and clamped...It will be 6 years ago this May. About 9 or 10 months ago, I kept having a fluttering in my lower left side, felt like if your cell phone was vibrating in your pocket.. I just blew it off cause I had no idea what it could be, well I am now 23 weeks pregnant!! I am thinking maybe that feeling I had was my tubes coming untied and growing back together, who knows?? I hope you have found out by now if you are pregnant..  I am 42 years old and have a 15,9,and 5 year old and here I go again LOL, so let anyone tell you that you cant get pregnant after having a tubal. I am living proof..Now I ahve been told it is a 2 veesel prepnancy which means the baby has a chance of something being wrong with her. ALL I can do is pray she will be fine.
I am also beginning to think I am going crazy.  I had a tubal 5 1/2 years ago after my 3rd C-section.  I am only 1 day late and I am usually very irregular.  But, I have had a lot of breast tenderness the past week, more than I usually get before my period.  I also made chicken last night, and when I went to eat some I had to spit it out, it made me nauseous.  I keep telling myself it is all in my head.  When I read your post maybe it is not.  I am trying to wait at least 1 more week before I waste money on a HPT.  Good luck to everyone.
Hi, I need advise.... support.. stories good or bad
I had trouble getting pregnant when my husband and I decided to try, so I took fertility drugs. I go pregnant right away when I started them. At 30 weeks I was put on bed rest with preclamsia. My son was born healthy at 6 weeks early  on 8/10/04. Because my blood pressure was so high I was not allowed to take boirth control. I got pregant again when he was 8 weeks old. My daughter was born on 6/28/05 3 weeks early from preclamsia. My doctor tied my tubes the following day. Now 7 months later, I feel pregnant again. My periods have been normal and I am waiting for this months next week.
I am very moody, my breasts are leaking (I never breastfeed either child)and I feel as though I did in the early weeks with my daughter. I called my OB and she said to come in for a breast check tomorrow. She told me she would not rule out pregnacy at this point. I think it is in my mind. I can't tell anyone I know because they will freak out. I was on bed rest for months and I have 2 kids under 17 months. Today is my birthday and I am 29
I had my tubes tied in July.  Since then my period has been a couple days late here and there, but this month my period is going on 7 days late.  Just wondering about you thoughts on the matter.  I already have 3 kids and we just bought a house big enough for the 5 of us.  Am I just paranoid?
This is first time writtin but i wanted to knwo what ppl think about whats goin on to me... I am 27 i have 3 kids and had tubes tied not sure what else done to them like 4 and a half years ago..My last period was not normal was bleedin like 10 or 11 days but like spottin and pain in my lower tummy sometimes so bad i can't move but its not all the time just comes and goes like 2 days ago my breast started gettin tender and to me i am gainin weight and not normal for me i am like 89 pounds.. and a couple times hurts durnin sex anyone what to share what they think? thank you

boney
I am 27 with 3 kids. I am under weight and i hadmy tubes tied not sure what else over 4 years ago and my last period wasn't normal i was bleedin up to 10 or 11 days spottin light and some brown i have lower tummy pain and my breast r tender  for last 2 days and really turned off from sex and thats not normal to me and feels like i have gained alittle weight plz write me at ***@****

i have no idea how to check the sites after i write so plz email me thank u
i had a tubal done 7 years ago  and i'm 29 years old. its been about 30 days since i haven't had a period and i feel like i'm pregnant. i took a test but it was negative . can any one answer me if they think i'm pregnant and can i carry the baby to a full term from a tubal if i was pregnant.
did you experience any period like episodes?
I just had a baby boy on jan 5 08, he was 6 weeks early because of pregnancy complications.  I had a tubal during my c-section with A LOT of pain in the 7 weeks after.  I have started having pg symptoms and I tookea test, I have gotten 2 positives.  What are they chances that this is real??
Just so you know, your not crazy! I had my 4th and last child 19 months ago. When I had her I had a tubal. I was feeling extremely sleepy, sick to my stomach and having cravings. Sounds like pregnancy, right? Well, I took 4 pregnany test, all of which were positive! Come to find out I am three months pregnant. I also only had two periods the whole 19 months. Go figure!
HELP!!!!!!! i am my last daughter in august of 05. the following day i had my tubes cut tied and burned.. for the past three days, i have been feeling pressure in my lower stomach, nausea, irratibility, headache, and fatigue. i have also had some stomach swelling.. COULD I BE PREGNANT?