Maternal & Child Community
Pregnant again after a c-section: cramping, tender scar
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnant again after a c-section: cramping, tender scar

I had a c-section in Jan of this year, had a miscarriage in May, and think I am pg again.  I know most may think this is a horrible predicament, but I find myself praying that I really am pg again.  I took one test, but it came back negative.  However, I am still at least a week away from my next period.  My concern is that I am having a lot of cramping, and my belly around my c-section scar has become very tender.  This happened during my miscarriage as well...is it normal to have some sensitivity and cramping when pg again after a c-section?
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
222234_tn?1216343635
do you have any doctor, you have to ask him about this, being pregnant 2 times in 8 months is very hard to a body, what if you had a c-section? it is very hardfor your body. i had a c-section 5 months ago and still feel the tenderness and cramping from time to another.
Blank
Blank
I talked to my dr after the miscarriage...he told me to wait at least 3 months.  Its been four.  I didn't really plan on getting pg again so soon, but God has plans of his own, right?  I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this kind of tenderness and cramping when conceiving again after a c-section...
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
Hmm, I had a c-section 11 months ago. I had a m/c in July and currently just got my BFP! I haven't had any sensitivity issues with my scar. Maybe because mine is older?
Blank
Have you experienced any cramping?  It doesn't feel like menstrual cramps, more like ligaments...It hurts when I sneeze or cough.  Congratulations on the BFP...I hope to have a positive confirmation soon, too...
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
No not anything yet! I go to the Dr. tomorrow late afternoon...Have you taken a test yet??? I think it would be fabulous and good luck,  keep me posted!!
Blank
I did take a test, and it came back neg...but I'm still a week away from time for my period, so it was kind of early for me to test.  Its just one of those gut feelings...
Blank
213426_tn?1206937938
My son was a 1 1/2 when I got pregnant again and right when we found out my scar was bothering me.  I had cramps SO bad that I cried all the time, but right around 12 weeks it went away and now I'm 35 weeks and havent had any problems since then.
Blank
That's exactly what's happening to me!  This is my fifth pregnancy, the prior one ending in miscarriage - and I had this cramping and tenderness with the miscarriage too.  My only c-section was with my daughter, born this past January.  I just wanted to make sure it was fairly normal...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...